Warping back to boss after D/C

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Direwolf, Sep 14, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Direwolf

Direwolf Member

It's not rare that people disconnect in the middle of a boss fight.

Therefore, I think a system that deals with these disconnects should be implemented.

For example:
    1) player dc in zak/HT
    2) A time window of X minutes open (usually between 3-5).
    3) If the player tries to relog during the time window, he gets instantly warped back to the boss.
    4) Else, back to Elnath/Leafre.

I've seen this in most servers and think it's very useful & fair towards people with a weak PC/Internet connection.

*Sorry if this has already been suggested, I looked for a similar post and couldn't find one.

2. Dimitri

Dimitri Saint of Horses

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Demiosa
    Level:
    18x
    Guild:
    UNITREE(D)
    It has been suggested in the past and we've decided not to go with this kind of system.
    One of the biggest reasons to why we would not want this kind of system is that you can abuse it by for example getting a rewarp if or when you die, which is not what we intend a rewarp system to be for.
    We assist players back into their boss runs if they've disconnected due to server related issues, which we've explained here: https://mapleroyals.com/forum/threads/update-to-boss-warp-policy.57433/

Eika likes this.
  3. Direwolf

Direwolf Member

Thank you for the very quick answer.

Still a bit sad for all the people that have their client crashed due to a graphics issue. (Especially in zak...)

4. Dimitri

Dimitri Saint of Horses

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Demiosa
    Level:
    18x
    Guild:
    UNITREE(D)
    I understand that it's a frustration as it hinders the smooth gameplay one would desire, and it affects us all in our bossing life.
    I hope that one day we can fix the graphical issues completely so that everyone can enjoy the game to its fullest.

StrickBan likes this.