The Beast Buccaneer Guide [No Longer Updated]

Discussion in 'Class Guides' started by Buccaneer, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Maximum

Maximum Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Walrein
    Level:
    Six
    Is Energy Orb still going to be useless? It hits the same amount of monsters as Dragon Strike and does 90% more damage at max level. If I recall correctly, the attack speed is better than Dragon Strike as well (not great, but still better). Does the lack of range and having Energy Charge active as a requirement still leave this skill ultimately useless?

EDIT: I took another look on the skill build and realized that Bucc wouldn't have a mobbing skill to use without Dragon Strike considering how much longer it'll take for Energy Charge to activate. I'm still interested to know if this skill will have any utility once it's fixed since it still seems to have potential once Energy Charge is active.

Dre likes this.
  2. Buccaneer

Buccaneer Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Privateer
    MAX!! Good to see you alive and kicking :D
    At max level, if you are hitting tons of mobs, energy charges up quite fast. But you are right that there isn't another viable mobbing ability when you are off of the bubble. Most of the time in late game, you will be bossing and (probably) not training. There may be a stronger buff to the skill after the new source, but I'll be testing it out :)

Don, Dre, Battōsai and 1 other person like this.
  3. WayofTime

WayofTime Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Tytrace
    Level:
    Hey there! I noticed in the build that you are redoing for 3rd job you have Energy Charge and Energy Blast being added 2/1 at the same time. Wouldn't it be best to raise Energy Blast to 21 first (to get the sweet 4 mobs hit) before adding Energy Charge, since around that level you will be training at Wolf Spiders? I figure it is best to make Energy Blast objectively superior to SSK before working on the frequency that it occurs.

I know that the build is WIP, so you probably don't have everything you want to say in there yet!

Buccaneer likes this.
  4. Buccaneer

IGN:
    Privateer
    I am currently testing marauders and it seems as if energy blast is pretty useless until it hits 4 mobs. You are absolutely correct and I just haven't finished testing and updating that portion of the guide. Thanks for the heads up :)

Don likes this.
  5. Evan

Evan Donator

Guild:
    Resignation
    Hey folks

Are all the skills more or less back up and running?

6. WayofTime

WayofTime Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Tytrace
    Level:
    Most of them, yeah - stun mastery is currently broken/useless, though, since stunning in general is not functional.

7. Evan

Evan Donator

Guild:
    Resignation
    Excellent.

8. cl_ogar0

cl_ogar0 Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ZaWarudoo
    Level:
    low
    Guild:
    none
    im levelling a character. currently at level 40
    I dont have much funds, when should i drop money to get most bang for the buck ?
    rn i have dex bandana with some accuracy on it, STR scrolled cape, STR and Dex scrolled bathrobe , dex earring, maple knuckle, facestompers (when level 50 comes) and shitty pgc. About 300M in funds and some scrolls
    thoughts on top of my head:

a) save some money for Zhelm at level 50~
    b)get a better weapon

Dre likes this.
  9. Buccaneer

IGN:
    Privateer
    Unless you washed, you probably don't have enough HP to naturally survive a zrun at 50. It may be around level 60 that you can get a zhelm. For the current state of the server, zruns are very unstable and D.C. most people, so it's even harder to get a zhelm unfortunately.

It seems like you are doing pretty well for a newer member! Unless you forgot about gloves, you should get an attack glove. 11-12 attack glove should be very good. The next few steps can be just to get a few more levels before worrying about gear. You can also get a low attack pac/pgc and scroll that with strength since a clean 2 atk is pretty cheap now. If you want to get the level 43 knuckle which is quite rare, your best bet is to farm them from chipmunks. The best map to farm them is 2 maps left of mu lung. At level 64 and 77, you can get a decent knuckle until 100. Just as a purely personal preference, I scrolled my bathrobe for pure dex. At higher levels (80+), you can find a decent clean overall and scroll that for dex too. The event is giving a great opportunity to get money fast, by selling event scrolls or chairs. I would start worrying more about gear once you get to level 100-120 since you are doing well with gearing for now :)

Don likes this.
  10. cl_ogar0

cl_ogar0 Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ZaWarudoo
    Level:
    low
    Guild:
    none
    oh yeah i forgot about glove, got a 10 attack one so i thought fighting for few watt wouldnt be worth it. I will get back to levelling once i can log in again, currently grinding truckers and thats pretty neat XP i have to say.
    I love the mechanics behind the class, much more enjoyable to play than spearman i have.
    Wish i had someone to play with tho

I know theres no point asking since info will be outdated quickly, but would oyu mind saying prices of things like maple weapons, and attack scrolls for knucklers ?

Dre likes this.
  11. Buccaneer

IGN:
    Privateer
    I haven't been in the market for these items and market is crazy and all over the place now. Here is my best guess: Maple weapons shouldn't be over a few mil, a high clean attack golden claw or pyrope maybe be 10-20 mil. 30% knuckle is around 4-5 mil and 60/70% is no more than 500k.

Don likes this.
  12. cl_ogar0

cl_ogar0 Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ZaWarudoo
    Level:
    low
    Guild:
    none
    Alright.

Is this intended if you chargeup corkscrew and jump right before releasing that you stand still knocking mob off away instead of charging through mobs like usual ? I wish this attack had higher mob count tho, would be SWEET
    Still trying to figure out how to efficiently combo up invulnerability frames, elbow attack has invulnerability frames when attack starts, corkscrew has a little bit after the attack is finished. Idk if that was the case on gms, never played there but seems awkward.
    "aggroing" mobs with cork>sommer>cork>summer comboes is pretty fun

If one would estimate damage levels between classes (like comparing to warrior specs) where would pirate fall according to jobs? I think brawler has more damage output than spearman, but no 3rd job experience so what can i say.

13. Buccaneer

IGN:
    Privateer
    If there is no near platform for corkscrew to charge to, you stay stationary. Yeah the iframes are the same as gms as I remember it.

I'm not sure for damage for 2nd/3rd job, but we are great mobbers which makes it really easy to train.

Don likes this.
  14. Gohan

Gohan Member

Country Flag:
    Fantastic guide, it helped me a lot. :)

Some thoughts during my time as a Brawler: 60 second booster is way too little. You have to constantly recast it, and it's annoying how your attack timing gets thrown off when the booster runs out. It makes for very inconsistent gameplay.

Personally I maxed booster before DU/BSB.

Goku likes this.
  15. shama

shama Donator

With the SP resets of new source and all, do you think I should remake my brawler considering I lost all the benefits of "Improve MaxHP" already? I'm level 52 and not sure if it's worth continuing.

16. Buccaneer

IGN:
    Privateer
    What do you mean by that? If you just reapply the stats, you are 100%. If you leveled without putting in MaxHP then you lost some HP. If you haven't leveled, then you are ok: just remember to put all your skills back first !

Don likes this.
  17. CWCW

CWCW Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Lahv
    For 3rd job, why not get Energy Charge to lvl 4 for the extra 11 WA before adding energy blast?

18. Buccaneer

IGN:
    Privateer
    You are probably going to be using the warrior elixirs that at sold at NLC to train because they are pretty cheap and give +12 att for 8 minutes. You don't need the 11 att from Energy Charge because they don't stack in attack.

Don and CWCW like this.
  19. Cayn

Cayn Donator

Country Flag:
    Great guide, threw me right into making a brawler! :)

Battōsai and Buccaneer like this.
  20. Kazin

Kazin Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Kazin
    Is there supposed to be a big delay after I use Double Uppercut? I don't see how it's a viable attacking skill like this.