The Beast Buccaneer Guide [No Longer Updated]

Discussion in 'Class Guides' started by Buccaneer, Apr 28, 2016.

1. aspirine

aspirine Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ThreeIdiot
    Level:
    I love you

Buccaneer likes this.
  2. Caleus

Caleus Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Averon
    Level:
    Guild:
    Shade
    amazing guide!

Buccaneer likes this.
  3. Masqueradia

Masqueradia Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    AstroIogian
    Level:
    Guild:
    Valiant
    One day I shall make a Buccaneer and give u all the credits, one helluva guide man. Amazing

Buccaneer likes this.
  4. shck

shck Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    iExplore
    Level:
    12x
    I have a question for you if you don't mind ,
    so I'm a Marauder right now, reaching level 100 soon(yay!). And here's the problem:
    I find that I have some trouble with the amount of DEX required for a King Cent... :(
    So mainly the question I have is from which equips are your DEX coming from to add up to 100 or 110?

*I am currently at 25 base DEX and I do not mind putting 5~15more AP in DEX to make up for it.

5. Buccaneer

Buccaneer Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Privateer
    Just giving rough estimates for an average decent player:
    Zhelm: 30-35 dex
    Maple Leaf: 8-10 dex
    WRM/RM: 0-2 dex
    Krex Ring: 3-8 dex
    Earring: 10-12 dex
    Dep Star: 5 dex
    Pirate overall: 7-9 dex
    20 base dex
    [83 - 101 dex]

If you are asking where MY dex comes from, that's a different story :p
    If you find my post here and open the spoiler, you can see where my dex comes from: https://mapleroyals.com/forum/threads/mapleroyals-official-damage-range-thread.6659/page-30

Don likes this.
  6. shck

shck Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    iExplore
    Level:
    12x
    Alright! got a rough idea on what I should go for now, Thank you so much!

Buccaneer likes this.
  7. shck

shck Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    iExplore
    Level:
    12x
    Hey, I've been farming on my Marauder for awhile now and I've realized that Cockscrew Blow + Energy Blast works great as well for farming.
    With enough practice, you barely get hit at all. Also, when Energy Charge is off, Cockscrew Blow + Cockscrew Blow combo recharges it in 2 hits which is 1 cycle.
    This is how the combo should work:
    Energy Charge off:
    Cockscrew Blow + Cockscrew Blow
    Energy Charge on:
    Cockscrew Blow + Energy Blast
    If HP falls:
    Cockscrew Blow + Energy Drain

Personally this has been working really well for me. Hope it helps some other struggling Marauder too.

8. Buccaneer

IGN:
    Privateer
    This sounds good on paper and it is very pot efficient, but CSB -> CSB is way too slow and vey low damage to be worth using in succession. All players should have a pet that is autopotting and since pots are dirt cheap on this server, there shouldn't be a reason to use combos just to save pots. If you are doing it for fun, that's cool!

When Energy Charge is on, I like to use SSK + energy blast. That combo or just spamming SSK is the most efficient combo that you should be using to train. I'm not sure weather pure SSK or SSK + Blast gives the most damage, but I like Blast because it has a higher area of effect so you are more likely to hit the mobs. And a lot of times SSK will not be hitting 6 mobs because it is such a small ranged skill.

Don likes this.
  9. aloo

aloo Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    aloo
    I've been pretty bloody (hah) lost on HP washing even though on paper it seems simple enough. If you (or any other knuckle lad) could please clarify a few things for me, it'd be greatly appreciated. I can't even level because I'm scared of screwing myself over from that sweet 30k dream.

1. According to your guide, you start off by removing 1 point of STR and put it into HP. After moving MP to HP like normal, you proceed to move the last point of MP into STR. What is the point of this? Wouldn't you get the same results while saving one AP reset by not removing the point of STR?
    2. When do you reach your "last MP?" Are you unable to remove any MP that is not from the excess gained from leveling with INT equips?
    3. Can you provide an estimate on how much INT you should have for each level? Currently have +31 from a bathrobe and bandana, going for at least +40.

I've completely halted on leveling up (44 right now) until I can absolutely guarantee that I'm not gimping my gains, so it's sorta a bad time right now haha...

10. Buccaneer

IGN:
    Privateer
    1. *Saving 2 resets? And you can't actually remove MP to HP until you do the 1st step. The AP reset will not allow you to directly remove MP to HP for some reason of game mechanics and coding that I don't know.

2. The minimum MP is calculated with the formula: Min MP formula: 18 x (level) + 111. If you have reached the minimum base MP by taking out MP and putting it into HP, that means you absolutely cannot take out any points from MP and put it into HP until you get enough excess MP for more washes.

3. You first need a goal of what HP do you want to reach at and by what level. Any int is good, but depending on how much HP you want at a certain level, the process and costliness will vary. I can try to help you reach your goal the most efficient way possible, but I'm not by all means an expert at this. I only know one way to get to 30k HP at around level 16x - 17x, which is what I did. Since everyone's goal is different, their amount of int from equips (and possible base int) will vary. I am glad to go more in depth with you about this. Keep in mind that buccaneers don't need washing and my first buccaneer, I did not wash at all. If this is your first character, I would just go with the flow and play the game as is and have fun! When you want to take the next step into wasting mesoes to be unnecessarily tanky, then worry about it and feel free to talk to me :p

Don and aloo like this.
  11. aloo

aloo Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    aloo
    Oh wow, thank you so much for the generous reply! I've *ahem* already tossed everything I earned for the INT bathrobe and bandana so I kinda financially deadlocked myself until next week^_^'. As long as I can reach 30k before, say, level 190, I'm totally okay with it. All I truly want is a guaranteed pathway towards accomplishing the goal. Going through this mess isn't bumming me out much so it's all good :>.

I was thinking of purchasing a wand and maybe a Maple Shield to hopefully get up to 50 INT (35 currently with equips including base, +5 from wand, +10 from shield) while adding the 50 INT from raw level-up AP. I'll have reached 100 INT by 55 and was going to just yolo it from there. Ideally, I'd want to be alright with just buying the wand and making it out with 40 INT as AP resets are the only source of income I have at the moment.

Thanks again for the reply man, I really appreciate it.

12. artRAVER

artRAVER Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    artRAVER
    Level:
    Guild:
    Fatality
    SI not useful for NL's??? Yes it is. It's literally almost useless for bowmasters though.

13. Buccaneer

IGN:
    Privateer
    Claws are already fast 4 speed and with booster, that makes their attack speed faster 2. Since faster 2 is the cap for how fast you can attack, that means that SI will not help. Of course this does depend on the skill used too, but since triple throw is throwing at a fast 2 speed with booster, it will not help. SI will help weapons that are fast 5 and slower!

Don likes this.
  14. Buccaneer

IGN:
    Privateer
    I'm giving my own thread a love bump for a new source update for the builds! ^_^ If you buccaneers think the build is a bit off, don't hesitate to leave a comment!

Don and A Fluffy Korean like this.
  15. Tyronethesavior

Tyronethesavior Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    xXsquidw4rdX
    Level:
    Guild:
    guci
    yea lookin good squidward

16. rustygreen

rustygreen Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    PrisonMike
    Time to make a bucc

17. Kohata

Kohata Member

Country Flag:
    Hey, if I'm just starting on the server, ahould I go for the bossing build or the training build.
    Also, I have no idea about hp washing and stuff but should I go low-dex (20-40)?

18. Buccaneer

IGN:
    Privateer
    Welcome to the server! Unfortunately at this current time the server is going through a major patch so the server won't be stable for a week at least. Bossing or training is honestly up to your preference. If you are like me and can't stand TRAINING*, then the bossing build would be the better option. If you prefer grinding a little bit more for levels, I would go for the training build. Either build is 100% viable and it really boils down to personal preference. When you reach around that time, you will figure out whether you prefer training or want to start bossing :p Do keep in mind that with this new major patch, some skill builds will change, so I highly suggest following my new source build, the one at the top with the red lettering.

Don't worry about HP washing at all.

Go low dex (30-50 dex). I started at 50 dex (or even higher, 60). You can always AP reset at the higher levels when you are going over (but it is a bit pricey).

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    Don likes this.
  19. Kohata

Kohata Member

Country Flag:
    Thanks! Amazing guide btw, it will really help me out. Do you still play? If so, mind if I add you?

20. Buccaneer

IGN:
    Privateer
    I edited my response because it made no sense he 1st time haha. I love bossing and can't train/leech more than I need to. Don't add me as a friend for now because I'm pretty sure my friends list is full. Please do stay in touch! You can PM me in game (ign: Privateer) or on the forums and I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible.

Don likes this.