Suggestions for Updates to the Game Terms and Conditions / Forum Rules and Regulations

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Sen, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Graces

Graces Donator

IGN:
    Nathalie
    Level:
    Guild:
    -
    Still abusing vote isn't that harmful if you ban all of their account and made them serve a temporary ip/mac ban unless they are proven to be trading the nx into real world currency which deserves all kind of possible bans no matter what they say/do. Also, ip/mac ban seems to be too much for minor-mid offenses imo, I know most of the "my brother/roommate/girlfriend/coworker hacked and got all of us banned" are lies, but some innocent people could be paying for others mistakes.

I mean, im not a fan of vote to win because people tend to exploit it, but it is what we got, but i do think that account ban is more than enough along with a temp ip/mac ban so they can't made a new character and have a new fresh start. I'm pretty sure most of these guys will be switching to a new server instead of starting all over again, but some will still be around looking for a forgiveness time to time as we all can see in ban appeals sections, shouldn't you just give them a shoot to prove themselves in let's say, 6 months ban? They'll be most likely just leave the server so I guess those who stay around and serves their ban won't be doing it again. It's just my tough on this matter, at the end it's an staff decision and we just throw here what is in our minds trying to give another point of view.

2. Tect

Tect Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    DTect
    Level:
    Guild:
    Manon
    So u saying only using the nx for rwt is something tat shld b bannable? Then wat abt ppl who use 10+ acc they vote abuse on just to wash their 30k nl, but they nvr rwt?

3. Aradia Megido

Aradia Megido Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    VeliZer0
    Level:
    The point of being more lenient with the ToS is to give a second chance for those who actually are or were unaware of the rules the moment they broke them. It's like you can't put everyone in the same bag because not everyone is thinking in abusing of the rules like a madman. Think of this, your playerbase consists mainly of cheaters or legit players? And what would be the best for them? Cheaters gonna cheat regardless of whatever the ToS says. Legit players who broke the rules unaware or accidentally will most likely learn their lesson once you give them a temp ban. But they can't put that in practice if you don't give them room for error. Not giving rule breakers a second chance doesn't affect cheaters at all because THEY WILL KEEP CHEATING REGARDLESS OF WHAT UR ToS say.They'll just make 100 more fake accounts with different ips and keep ban evading till they get caught again. Legit players seeing they "Are no longer welcome to MapleRoyals and blablabla gtfo", they will just migrate to server next door. Thought not all of them because well sometimes you get discouraged to the degree you don't play the game anymore.

Regarding your concern about they could be doing so unintentionally or not, the answer is that there is no way to tell. You as a staff have to judge if it's a potential rehabilitated person who will play by the rules if given a second and contribute 1+ for the playerbase, or if it's another hacker/RWTer/vote abuser who will keep breaking the rules REGARDLESS of what's the current state of the ToS. If anything, being more restrictive with your ToS means there is less room for error. Means you can't joke about major infractions, means you can't even mention it and means that when new players join your guild you always have to ask them: "Do you know the rules? If yes, good, if not, please read them again", sometimes I even do that just to make sure these new players won't screw up and get into trouble later in their game. This may mean a lot for new players who join the game and like 99% of the playerbase who just want to hurry until the download finishes to play the game, they just skip the ToS to the part they only need to answer for the Well-Behaved Child Medal. Which doesn't necessarily mean they read and MEMORIZED all the rules, but instead, a short text with the right answer that could be easily forgotten if not reminded later. New players and foreign players who are bad at English would appreciate this.

Another suggestion for the foreign players would be simply adding the possibility of having available the Well Behaved Child quest from Shanks being translated into a language the player can actually read. This may not be actually hard to do as the questions are quite simple and translating them should be easy, implementing them idk since I'm not a developer, but I don't think isn't impossible either. A lot of the playerbase can do the translation themselves to their native language and the only real concern would be if it really can be implemented in-game. Like, if Shanks had an option to translate in Spanish, my fellow Spanish friends would be able to understand the questions, learn the rules in their native language and answer them by themselves instead of asking me for help to translate and tell the answers to them.

The only downside in being more lenient, is that cheaters gonna abuse this even more. But even with the current restrictive ToS, that doesn't stop them from cheating or am I wrong?
    Oh and maybe, wether judging if it will be worthwhile or not to give them a second chance on a case per case basis may and will be a logistical nightmare, but yeah I can only think of these two downsides.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
  4. Graces

Graces Donator

IGN:
    Nathalie
    Level:
    Guild:
    -
    If you ban their 10 accounts + the 30k NL and 6 months ip/mac ban what's left? Just a guy in front of a computer switching to another server and finding that they miss their friends here and maybe coming back after playing "clean".
    By the way, I'm not trying to debate since this is just my personal opinion about one thing and I dont have enough english knowledge to maintain a long debate-argument with anybody as I can't find the proper words to express what is on my mind, so this will be my last reply to this thread. Just a reminder that we all are different and see things in different ways, it doesnt need to be a reason to attacker anybody else tho. Good night/morning/day to everybody reading this.

5. Dave Deviluke

Dave Deviluke Forum Moderator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Islander
    Level:
    Guild:
    Shroomies
    1) account sharing - account sharing are often linked to RWT due to account selling, it won't be possible for Staff to confirm 100% whether is family, couple, or total strangers sharing the account, which complicates the overall situation

2) RWT jokes - if someone mentions "haha I gonna buy sky ski $120", Staff are unable to confirm if that's a joke or a legit offer to someone such as in PM or guild chat, however, Staff do review the context and will adjust the perma-ban to 30 days if confirmed as a joke 100% (situational)
    You may also refer to this post for discussions about RWT joke
    https://mapleroyals.com/forum/threads/what-is-deemed-as-rwt-joke.173365/

3) minor vote abuse - minor vote abuse is 14 days ban, not perma-ban
    Supposed if someone vote abused for months and say he did not know that, I cannot accept that as a valid reason as the webpage clearly stated "You may only vote once per day.", we can't make that any shorter
    https://mapleroyals.com/?page=vote

Ignorance of rules cannot be a valid reason to erase all of the bans, else we need to unban every single person who claims "I don't know the rules", that would encourage more rules breaking

icedem0n and libraa like this.
  6. Dave Deviluke

Dave Deviluke Forum Moderator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Islander
    Level:
    Guild:
    Shroomies
    The suggestion about adding non-English text to the game isn't impossible, but it will be a very difficult task to do

To display other languages such as Korean, Chinese (SC/TC), Japanese etc, the language code and the font is required in the game files to do that

If this were to be approved, all languages need to be included (or at least the main ones)

The translation isn't the biggest issue, it's the input of the language file (unicode)
    Example of a game struggling with displaying a non-English text
    https://gamedev.stackexchange.com/questions/81401/how-do-games-handle-rendering-asian-unicode-text

Kai, Shane and libraa like this.
  7. libraa

libraa Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I see some topics when staff answers to users about hack , they don't add a date and time about that event.

It's possible indicate in case you find the use of hack add that informacion or not?

8. Sen

Sen Forum Moderator

IGN:
    Terushima
    Hi everyone, I have moved all sack-related discussion to a new thread. This thread was meant specifically for a discussion of a general overhaul of the T&C from a while ago, and it would be much easier to facilitate any continued feedback to the T&C if those discussions were given their own threads. Especially given that conversation regarding this topic has been dispersed throughout multiple threads and even the shoutbox, it would help both players and Staff alike keep track of the conversation if done so in a centralized location. I will be moving this thread to the Accepted section as much of the original discussion has already been implemented. Thank you ^_^'

Tect, MrMarist, Graces and 2 others like this.