Suggestion: HT & Gobies (maybe even stun?)

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Tommy, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Jace

Jace Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Caboose
    Level:
    Guild:
    #molerat
    I can't speak for my Horntail experience because so far I'm 0 for 5 on my bishop...
    I've never thought of the amount of meso pouring in from Gobies to be a problem, because I've never even had visitors in the map whenever I trained (usually channel 2) let alone trouble finding a free map.

Also, although I agree the meso gain from drops alone at Gobies is absolutely bonkers, I've always made more money from leeching at Skeles and occasionally Petris if I was lucky with nisrocks. What's stopped me, and a fair amount of other people, from grinding at Gobies 24/7 is that the exp is terrible compared to the other bishop hotspots. At Gobies, exp is pretty much a non-factor - I've really only gone there when I couldn't find a free map anywhere else.

I could also just be really bad at grinding...

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
    seanc, jessyjinx, Koalas and 3 others like this.
  2. Michael

Michael Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    17step
    Guild:
    Heroes
    [​IMG]

Cindy, Faery, GoodDoodoo and 16 others like this.
  3. Raony

Raony Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Twin/Broky
    Level:
    Guild:
    Fryslan
    Note: I don't mean to sound hostile towards anyone so keep that in mind when reading my post, please.
    Why suggest to change this now and not any time before? Because hangjovi exists now, right? The players agreeing with this are the ones who can HT 4-6 times each day on different characters! I give a list of people who trained all the way to 200 "abusing" the limitless HT and gained a significant amount of mesos by doing so. Don't get me wrong, I agree with the changes but IMO, it's hypocrititical to suggest it after abusing it. I'm a bit disappointed because I wonder if a thread like this would even exist if not for the recent crash of HT skillbooks. I don't mind the change, I always tought it was the right way to be, but I don't think it's completely fair to the new crowd of people who like to kill HT just as we did.

StrickBan, Vaxy, Peter and 9 others like this.
  4. Michael

Michael Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    17step
    Guild:
    Heroes
    In a serious response to the above post; if you have a means of suggesting a fair alternative to what we've done to address the problem identified (and the rate at which money and exp was coming in from Horntail made it centralizing gameplay for attacker classes, which I think we can all agree is a bad thing), bring one forward. It's fairly clear that this is not a popular decision and we'll consider what you bring forward as we always do.

5. inversion

inversion Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Inversion
    Level:
    Guild:
    Unity
    what else can be done at this point? we can keep the game as it was, by playing it in ways that were never meant to be played and by abusing lack of cooldown on HT, this way the up and coming players can abuse it as well. or we can change how things are, and from this point on everybody plays the game as it's intended. i can't think of any other options, maybe someone else can. it's true that this should have been brought up long ago, but it wasn't. but what else can we do at this point?

Michael, Tommy and Mouthbreather like this.
  6. Tommy

Tommy Well-Known Member

Guild:
    Acme
    While it may seem hypocritical, I think people that you're talking about, who (like me) took advantage of HT are the only ones who really know how broken it is and therefore it's logical we'd be the ones to bring it up. This has nothing to do with hangjovi so can everyone stop making it a personal matter?

Michael and Kekturi like this.
  7. Raony

Raony Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Twin/Broky
    Level:
    Guild:
    Fryslan
    I can say "hangjovi's" name,it does not matter, there is a screenshot of he saying that he has the intention of doing what he does. I'm not the first to say his name, and pretty sure I will not be the last.
    On my post I said we, as in myself included, not towards to you.
    Yes it is logical, i never said it was not.
    But even more logical if 'you guys' made this amazing discover before, not 1 year later.
    Before I leave this healthy and peaceful discussion, I will say that if it was before, I would never have the bit funding that I have atm, because ht gave me a lot of money and "limitless" exp. I might not have a lot of level 200 chars, but I have the right to leave my humble opinion here.

ImCanadian, Vaxy, Raiden and 6 others like this.
  8. jessyjinx

jessyjinx Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    MrTeaBags
    Level:
    Guild:
    Synergy
    Pls just lower book drops and leaf drops. There problem solved

9. inversion

inversion Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Inversion
    Level:
    Guild:
    Unity
    problem isn't only drops, it's also way too easy to get exp by running ht all day long

10. KenE

KenE Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Height
    Guild:
    Wiggle
    I actually think HT should be limited to once a day because it's the hardest boss in the game and it's being treated as equal to krex and zak on top of that BGA is once per day as well and it's much easier than HT.

I think limiting PAP right now isn't right because of the crack hoarders like for example it would suck if you're like 19x with 200+ cracks waiting to use to level up but now the cracks are useless because you'd probably go find some other means to get level 200 before you could get full use of your cracks. I think we should give it a week for people to burn all there cracks and every starts from new again.

Koalas, PalmTree, Raiden and 5 others like this.
  11. Mouthbreather

Mouthbreather Donator

Country Flag:
    Level:
    Guild:
    ???
    Originally I thought once per day would be more fitting for a boss like horntail as well but now that I look at it, I think twice a day is better. Because of the way the timer works here (starts counting down based when you enter the boss, not based on a set server time), your cooldown will slowly reset later than your previous day since people will never be perfectly on time. Keep in mind that horntail is a boss that requires a lot of organizing and relies on not just you but your party members to be on time as well. It's similar to voting, you'll never vote at the same time everyday and since you can't vote earlier, you'll always end up voting a bit late. And for a boss like horntail that takes well over an hour to complete, your timer will frequently reset at a point where you simply can't do it because maybe it's too late in the day, other commitments you might have, etc. By only having 1 run every 24 hours, you're really giving people 4-6 runs every week. Having 2 runs every 24 hours gives people a leeway for being late but at the same time it doesn't guarantee 2 runs everyday because of reasons above.

VitaLemonade, Celtea, seanc and 2 others like this.
  12. Anesthetize

Anesthetize Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Anesthetize
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rvidxr Klvn
    no to everything you said.

Aren likes this.
  13. Ario

Ario Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Centauro
    Guild:
    ♜Guardians
    It's kind of weird how one player (hangjovi) can cause such huge changes to the server, even though I can agree with that change, it's stinky that it didn't come up until now.
    I really hope this limit will be removed when the new source comes out, since HT is supposed (?) to be harder.
    Regarding pap, I don't think any limit should be implemented. pap is very balanced overall imo.

14. Blur&Confuse

Blur&Confuse Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    BlurNConfuse
    Guild:
    Foxy
    Can I make 1 suggestion if you are planning to limit pap. Can you add the AR30 mastery book drop to some other boss as well?? I have been hunting pap for a long time and still could not find AR30. That mastery book is a really rare drop and now you are limiting pap which is the only place to get it. *It is much more rare than gene20 imo*

15. ImCanadian

ImCanadian Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ImCanadian
    Level:
    Guild:
    Boobs
    Would the static boss cool down reset be possible in the new source? I know other servers have it, but they aren't v62/83 servers. I feel like that's a way more balanced system. On weekends I can zak or krex whenever, so I usually wait until later in the day. But then when the week comes, those runs start to bit me in the butt because I go to bed earlier due to school. Overall the static boss cool down reset is a much better system than the current one imo.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
    Hampa likes this.
  16. stg

stg Donator

IGN:
    brainy/ stg1
    Level:
    Guild:
    ♬♩Radio♩♬
    new thread for this
    http://mapleroyals.com/forum/threads/boss-cooldown.40972/

can i say something about the cooldowns, im an all OK for cooldowns to be implemented but just some suggestions from me which i hope is not too difficult to code or implement and yet effective in efficiency in boss runs.

firstly i would say theres 2ways about it,

1. Reset timers at 00:00 server time

i think this has been brought many by other members also as it will really help to keep a track of runs instead of constantly remember your last run timings which can result in many human errors across a party of 6. i would say it will be annoying to actually find a party ready to run then realise someone is on cooldown.

2. Implement commands for checking of cooldown

this is the one that i feel would be really useful if the first method does not work. im not a programmer or anything of that sort so i dont know how difficult or easy it would be to actually code something like that, but the fact that we can actually do ~bosshp, i guess we can also do the same for this?

works like every boss has a code, for eg

~KrexelCD
    ~ZakumCD
    ~HorntailCD

or rather just one command which is ~BossCD
    which will show all the cooldown timings for various bosses with limit, of course formats and phrasing can be changed here and there but this is what i feel would really help to facilitate ALOT of runs.

for example if u just finished a HT run, timer could be something like

~HorntailCD
    Run 1, 23hours 54mins left
    Run 2, You are ready.

after finishing run 2 probably,

~HorntailCD
    Run 1, 22hours 10mins left
    Run 2, 23ohurs 59mins left

i think in this way it is rather clearcut and a simple system for players to keep track of runs, instead of trying to record or remember the CD timings across all bosses. This will also facilitate boss planning as each and every player who is interested in joining a run knows that he/she is available.
    Furthermore, considering that we may finish 2 runs at hours apart from one another, i believe this is the most effective way in managing run timings altogether.

This is just a humble suggestion on my part, im not saying it has to be like that, but rather really something convenient and nice to have. Not sure about the coding though, i hope they wont be too difficult to implement

thanks ^^

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
    Juni, Raony, Ario and 6 others like this.
  17. Hampa

Hampa Donator

this is great feedback you should probably make a whole new thread about this tho

18. stg

stg Donator

IGN:
    brainy/ stg1
    Level:
    Guild:
    ♬♩Radio♩♬
    ^ sounds right considering it being separate issues, id do just that

nagazai likes this.
  19. nagazai

nagazai Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    nagazai
    Level:
    theres just a problem with boss reseting at mid night, which is server checks. they would reset the cd. so if u know when its going to happen you could potentialy win 2 runs. even more if the server check happens few hours before midnight so you poitentialy could do 6 runs in a row. it can be fixed but that would give some work to do haha.

about the CD command, its a great idea that would really help and in my opinion its pretty simple to implement. i hope developers agree and do it . also CD for papulatus please since well, you know.

20. John

John Donator

There have been several occasions where it has been asked for commands for cool down times or something like that. As we have said in the past, we are against adding commands like that, especially when the user can keep track of things with a piece of paper or a text file on the computer. It really is unnecessary.

NMNA and Hampa like this.