Stat to wa ratio | Secondary to primary ratio

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Geyforlife, Jul 5, 2018.

  1. Geyforlife
    Online

    Geyforlife Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2017
    Messages:
    1,138
    Likes Received:
    2,412
    Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Geybrian
    Level:
    o7
    Guild:
    USSR
    found these out by reverse engineering the damage formulas
    EDIT:
    K can be found in the next section below
    upload_2020-7-20_19-27-43.png

    For non-NLs:

    nonNLformula.JPG
    or
    nonNLformula(easy).JPG

    For NLs:

    NLformula.JPG

    where,
    S secondary is secondary stat and S main is main stat
    M is mastery (which is 0.9 for archers, 0.8 for DrK, 0.75 for axe heroes and 0.6 for the rest)
    attack is your total weapon attack including potions

    your end result = 1 wa worth of range (slightly different for NLs. TT uses a special formula that ignores secondary stats so even if you see a range increase from dex/str, it has no effect on actual damage done by TT)


    ============================================================

    Secondary stat to primary stat ratio
    (does not apply to NL because secondary stat is entirely worthless for TT damage)

    upload_2020-7-20_10-0-43.png

    where K =

    One Handed Sword: 4.0
    One Handed Axe/BW/Wand/Staff (Swinging): 4.4
    One Handed Axe/BW/Wand/Staff (Stabbing): 3.2
    -----for brandish on average: 3.8
    -----for blast on average: 3.92
    Two Handed Sword: 4.6
    Two Handed Axe/BW (Swinging): 4.8
    Two Handed Axe/BW (Stabbing): 3.4
    -----for brandish on average: 4.1
    -----for blast on average: 4.24
    Spear (Swinging): 3.0
    Spear (Stabbing): 5.0
    Polearm (Swinging): 5.0
    Polearm (Stabbing):3.0
    Dagger (Non-Thieves): 4.0
    Dagger/Throwing Stars (Thieves): 3.6
    Bow: 3.4
    Crossbow: 3.6
    Knuckle: 4.8
    Gun: 3.6
    from https://ayumilovemaple.wordpress.com/2009/09/06/maplestory-formula-compilation/

    Since they are constants, I can calculate for everybody:
    upload_2020-7-21_9-56-28.png

    so if I was a bucc, the ratio is 3.696 dex : 1 str
    so this means, approximately 3.7 dex gives the same amount of average range as 1 str.

    Why is this useful now?
    With the release of the auf haven circlet, and increased % chance of the miracle scroll from 5% to 10%, having a 80+/80+ stat helm is possible. This means most classes would easily exceed their secondary stat requirement to equip their gears. Knowing this ratio would help make a better decision when comparing a gear with a mixed amount of secondary/primary stat vs only primary stat.

    Why should I ignore this?
    Because you are a nightlord, like 90% of the server (don't quote me on this). If you are the remaining 10% who main other jobs, you probably wouldn't have an excessive amount of secondary stats.
     

    Attached Files:

    Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
    nutleafcity, yaohan1, zolene and 15 others like this.
  2. KungLee
    Offline

    KungLee Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2018
    Messages:
    356
    Likes Received:
    381
    IGN:
    Schnegge
    Level:
    195
    Guild:
    Kappa
    I honestly dont get why increasing one's WA stat does increase damage output, when looking at the formulas cause 1/WA ... ^_^'
     
  3. Geyforlife
    Online

    Geyforlife Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2017
    Messages:
    1,138
    Likes Received:
    2,412
    Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Geybrian
    Level:
    o7
    Guild:
    USSR
    This isn't a damage formula. This is the ratio of STATs versus WA affecting damage.

    The higher the WA, the more important every STAT is. Hence, the higher WA you have, the smaller the ratio (1/WA).
     
    Tsue and KungLee like this.

Share This Page