Shedding some light

Discussion in 'Introductions and Farewells' started by Shottamic, Apr 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shottamic

Shottamic Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Hitta
    Level:
    Aight, originally I felt real lazy to make a post, but after getting a shitload of PM’s via forum/discord from people on my BL or just people who knew me, asking “wtf happened” or even trying to justify how I shouldn’t have been banned, I feel like I owe it to you guys to explain what really went down during my playtime on this server, and understand that I probably should never be unbanned LOL. That, plus the fact most of you who speculated me knew damn well that what, 648k nx was the deciding factor to ban my ass? LMAO. And finally, getting done by a GM intern for “vote abuse” just didn’t sit too well with me.

I’ll try keep this short, but here goes.
    Basically, I’m a bulk seller on a RWT site (some of you are familiar with ~imboss), and have been since last year. I’ve made around a couple grand all up (can’t really be bothered looking back at my bank statements) and have probably generated at least 200+ illicit items including perfect weapons, high attack gloves, PGC’s, shoes, etc. I never saw exploiting the game as something out of the ordinary, as this is exactly what we did in GMS back in the day. You hack, you dupe, you sell items to players willing to fork out hundreds of dollars for pixels, and laugh about it with your homies on buddy chat. The most appealing aspect of the game is the RWT factor, and that’s just how I defined having “fun”.

From the start of creating my bulk selling thread, business was booming, as the AP reset demand was so high due to the new implementation of needing to be level 50 to purchase AP’s, thankfully, I could pretty much generate infinite nx for a solid month before the method got secretly patched LOL. People were buying bulk loads of AP resets like 100-1000 at a time, and honestly I don’t blame them. Making that level 50 requirement a thing with no back-up solution to counteract the inflation even with COUNTLESS feedback suggestions, was just stubborn, and stupid. I won’t go into detail about the administration issues this server has as most of you are probably well aware of that already.

Fast forward a couple months till now, the player base slowly reduces (surprise?) and the RWT market dries up a lot along with it. I wasn’t able to sell nearly as much stuff as I did, I remember weeks of just having no sales at all, so I decided to just use the stock I had to go all out on my NL. I reached 8k clean range at somewhere around level 17x, had enough MP to wash to 30k, there really wasn’t much more I could ask for. On top of that I’ve probably chaos’d away 300b+ worth of stuff, the enjoyment factor of the game was pretty much gone at this point, as most of my IRL friends who started with me don’t play anymore. So the goal really was just to hit 200 slow and steady as I’ve never been 200 on maplestory ever (botted to 200 in GMS but doesn’t really count lol) and never will be I guess.

I want to thank all my customers who have bought from me, now I’m not going to reveal any names but DAYUM the amount of high-end “veterans” with solid in game and forum presence who have bought from me is fucking hilarious. (I can already see two people’s names who have viewed my ban appeal LOL) Pro tip: next time please don’t come loot on your main, you would think people would be smart about it and at least come on a mule lmao.

Lastly, I want to thank all the people who have bossed with me, talked with me in game, came by channel 1 FM 1 to fame me when I was afk, and every single person on my BL, (even though some of you probably hate me now LOL) I LOVE EACH & EVERYONE OF YOU, peace out homies.

P.S here's one last tribute video for the fans :p

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  2. Don

Don Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    welch123
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogues
    Damn you went HAM

3. Shiyui

Shiyui Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shiyui
    Level:
    Guild:
    Fryslan
    See you dude. :D

It was fun while it lasted.

We were onto your RWT activities for a while though.

Someone I know had been building a pretty big case on you which I relayed to Tim and Yan of course. Like legit including an FBI style flowchart and recording you walking and jumping around on Hitta and pausing when you'd type to them on Discord LOL.

Kinda sad that I won't get to see you talk about us anymore, but oh well. It was a matter of time.

Good riddance. o/

4. exceptional

exceptional Member

Country Flag:
    OMG i always saw you in ch 1 fm 1 and you were really helpful when i asked for price checks as i was still new :(
    goodluck for the future !~

5. Topsykretts

Topsykretts Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    E30Bmw
    Level:
    Peace out

6. Dre

Dre Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CaptainDre
    Level:
    Kinda shocked about this no lie lmaoo[:D] but besides the bs thanks for inviting my new character into your guild Michael & your dope "welcome backs" will be remembered, stay blessed my slime!

7. Aerith

Aerith Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Mitsuko
    Level:
    19x
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    Good riddance.

Mrkaren, Eli, ginwolf and 7 others like this.
  8. MoriForest

MoriForest Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Yo, rat them out. Get those veterans banned as well.

But really, fuck you and them. I'm using my energy and time and my Nisrock is still stuck at 130 with 2 slots left, and you guys easily purchase WS CS to get dank times?

Yeah fuck y'all.

Nupe, Styg1an, Superluminal and 34 others like this.
  9. godofafro

godofafro Well-Known Member

dude, you have a wa130 2 slot bow and i'm still using a 125 nisrock at 199 rn... havent even gotten much funds to scroll my shiner yet, who's complaining!??!

Catalyst, Soniea, MoriForest and 5 others like this.
  10. Luna

Luna Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    deLuna
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    Sometimes it’s really easy to humanize with cases like this, especially when those that go against the rules are decent people themselves.
    And I don’t blame you and many others out there, it’s just a game after all, but know that you have ruin the fun for a lot of people by wanting to have fun yourself through the thrill of breaking the rules/ doing whatever it is that you do.
    I believe I have many frens who have broken rules before (or are still going at it), and when the day comes I won’t blame you for doing it. But please have the decency to stop now, and think about how you’re ruining the game for everyone else. It’s never too late for second chances if you aren’t caught yet.
    #nx4life :’)

icedem0n, TheKing, GoldCoins and 10 others like this.
  11. shanglelxd

shanglelxd Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Subscribe to
    Level:
    My
    Guild:
    Youtube
    It he can make hundreds from RWT, then can’t the GMs do so too :thinking: who will say no to easy $$$$

Ferencz likes this.
  12. Topsykretts

Topsykretts Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    E30Bmw
    Level:
    Thousands***

Mooshy likes this.
  13. 3825

3825 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Guild:
    Breakfast
    For sure but there would be a difference in priorities between an RWT seller and a GM

14. Shottamic

Shottamic Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Hitta
    Level:
    Gonna miss fighting for FM 1 spots with you, such a shame, had an incoming 23 int racc mask you would've really liked :) Tell Josh he still owes me that coffee LOL

Sorry it had to come out like this Dre, you were no doubt the realest dude I met on the server, keep doing you bruv !

I appreciate the kind words, what I do in the game will never be justified, I was just stating my incentive for doing such things. Say hi to oblivion for me, some of them will probably only know me through my alt discord name though ahuhu ~imboss

15. drunkst

drunkst Well-Known Member

IGN:
    R.I.P.
    Level:
    Guild:
    rip. :(
    "Say hi to oblivion for me, some of them will probably only know me through my alt discord name though ahuhu"

:thinking:

Don, Soniea, GoToHeal and 3 others like this.
  16. Venom

Venom Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    StreetLamp
    Guild:
    RIPBreakfast
    this whole thread is a monkaSSSSSSSSSSSSS

iEatEmoKids, Soniea, danman and 2 others like this.
  17. Cola

Cola Donator

Country Flag:
    Guild:
    Acme
    Wellllll, theres always donation

18. artRAVER

artRAVER Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    artRAVER
    Level: