Share your game music nostalgia!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LichWiz, Feb 16, 2021.

1. LichWiz

LichWiz Well-Known Member

IGN:
    IronShichika
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    I'm pretty sure almost anybody has at least one track from an old game that can bring them an instant smile.

I made this thread so we could all share our favorite soundtracks from the games we played when we were younger!
    So feel free to share with us as many awesome songs as you'd like, and if you want, also a little about the game and what it meant for you.

Let me start with one of my favorite MMO soundtracks (after maplestory), FlyFF!

Similarly to maplestory, FlyFF was an mmo that came in the F2P MMO boom. I found it from an ad on a site, and was instantly drawn in by the headline "a massive MMORPG world to explore, by flying!!!"
    That was a kind of gameplay i never saw in F2P so i was instantly hooked
    It was a clunky game (that probably didn't age as well as MS), but BOY the soundtrack is still as good as i remembered <3

Ill probably share more in the future, but i also want to hear the music that dominated your childhoods, so please do share! :love:

2. Evan

Evan Donator

Guild:
    Resignation
    HO BOI.

Hamburg and LichWiz like this.
  3. Sen

Sen Forum Moderator

IGN:
    Terushima
    OMG i love this thread. mine would absolutely have to be ragnarok online!

LichWiz likes this.
  4. Jesseh

Jesseh Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Heartlines
    Level:
    Guild:
    Heartfelt
    thank you for this thread!!! love it already.

a personal favorite (it always gets me ~f4)

Al3x and LichWiz like this.
  5. Evan

Evan Donator

Guild:
    Resignation
    I spent a stupid amount of time killing weird ass grasshoppers in some forest maze thing. I had a peco peco. It was a simpler time.

6. Jack :3

Jack :3 Donator

IGN:
    xJack
    Level:
    Guild:
    Synergy
    Was literally about to post these two songs when i saw the theard lmao. So many memories.

LichWiz likes this.
  7. Jack :3

Jack :3 Donator

IGN:
    xJack
    Level:
    Guild:
    Synergy
    Also.

Hamburg likes this.
  8. LichWiz

IGN:
    IronShichika
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    Dang, thank you all for sharing all this awesome music! You are making my worktime go far more pleasantly with all these new songs to listen to!

From the songs that i didnt know, the golden sun music is a fricking BANGER of a song, and lol, i never thought i'd call a song "nostalgic" even tho its the first time i heard that fire emblem song. Good shit evan!
    And wow, i didnt listen to morrowind much, i didn't know skyrim took so much inspiration in the music from its predecessor.

9. LichWiz

IGN:
    IronShichika
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    The FF song is a classic.
    And wooooow the lunar silver song was so pretty :o

Jesseh likes this.
  10. Evan

Evan Donator

Guild:
    Resignation
    moar

LichWiz likes this.
  11. Zancks

Zancks Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Zancks
    Level:
    18x
    Guild:
    Trinity
    Let’s get the elephant out of the room

This one is not an original soundtrack but it still had the same effect on me

MaekoKagami, Jack :3 and LichWiz like this.
  12. knetterzak

knetterzak Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Roxanne
    Level:
    var
    Guild:
    --
    Crash bandicoot

Played this so much on the playstation 2. I Was stuck on the first island forever because I was a smol brain kid. Music drove my mom mad. My favourite character was Nina, the vampire chick who was in some way related to Cortex, the doctor guy with the big yellow head. The most fun moments were probably snowboarding on Cortex and doing sick flips; redid that part so many times because I had so much fun with it, haha. Smol brain me at the time actually managed to beat the game.

Rayman

Spend so much time on this as well. I always loved the Teensies and Globox, and I think at some point I had a crush on Lee, the fairy. Spend hours swimming around in that underwater level to just explore and I remember getting jebaited by that skull mask guy when he offered me to go on holiday on that island and retire, haha. This OST always played when you went from level to level, but ofcourse there were so many more iconic ones. Did you know that there is a hidden lum somewhere? The devs could not make the 1000th one truly disappear when the pirate ate it all the way in the beginning, so it's hidden in one of the levels. I don't remember whether you can actually get it, but it was mentioned when I watched a speedrun of it.

Jazz jackrabbit 2

I didn't play this game that much, but it still left quite an impression on me because when you started it it had this awesome cinematic intro video about the two bunnies fighting a big turtle and kid me loved that; it's actually what inspired me to pick up animating later on in life. Couldn't get the paid version for the longest time so I just screwed around in the trial levels. Spend ages hopping around as a frog to get that kiss from the female bunny, only for the witch to transform me back; was a fun game of cat and mouse, don't think I ever beat it because I was a smol brain kid. I always choose the red bunny because you could double jump and I liked that. This game introduced me to the jazz genre and sometimes I still play the multiplayer version of it with friends (people are still hosting this game, after all these years!).

Maplestory

Heh, well, no surprise here I suppose. My first character on maplestory EU was a mage, so I remember the ellinia town music quite vividly and it still makes my heart ache with nostalgia everytime. The pot struggle was real, I died so many times and could barely speak English. I didn't even know the difference between B> and S> at the time, haha. At some point me and 2 others took the boat to Orbis and we ended being stuck there for days. When we managed to get back it felt like we went on an entire journy and thinking back I still miss them; after a week their names would never come back on in my BL, I was so sad.
    I managed to get that mage to like level 54 and job advanced to cleric. I put AP into str and dex because I wanted it to be stronk, and luk because what was efficiency over fashion anyway? I hoarded funny looking equipment and eventually found myself in Henesys where I became a full time henehoe and spend my days just talking with all these amazing people. That char may be gone now, but the memories remain <3

Drawn to life

This was a game for the Nintendo DS I absolutely adored because you could draw your own character 'n stuff, and I quickly got so invested into the story. My English had improved quite a bit (from playing Malple, heh) so I could understand it most of the time. The characters looked so cute and the soundtrack was so good, too. I replayed the ending song so many times my DS speaker was actually developing problems at some point, haha (luckily it fixed itself, miraciously). When the bad thing in the story happened I felt so bad because I wanted to listen to the music but also wanted to help the NPCs; that's not this OST, though, but

GTA San Andreas

Oh man the memories of this one... There is so much I can say about the crazy stuff I did in this game, but my most memorable moments went something like this: First, steal a car and set the radio station to K-Rose. Then, activate the flying car cheat code and take off into the sky. Activate all weapons cheats, vulnerability, and then fly into Area 51 to get five stars and subsequentially waste spend countless hours in dodging missiles 'n stuff. Even more fun if you stole a stunt airplane from the airport and added cool flips and 'yes yes basic evasive manouvres' into the mix, all the while listening to 'missisipi man' and 'one step forward, two steps back'. If people knew how many grannies I ran over in my tank to attract ambulances and fire trucks, so I could steal those, well, it's probably for the best that remains unknown.
    Even when no longer really playing the game, I still take the entire K-Rose OST with me to play during road trips.

Minecraft

It was looking bleak. A new world, a new day, yet the new night was already fast approaching. Only 5 logs in my inventory and no coal to be found. It will be dark soon and then the scary mobs will kill me again. I was getting desperate. I wanted to enter a cave to find resources, but when I approached I saw red fluorescent eyes looming within the shadows and quickly ran away again. I dug myself into a mountain cliff side, gaining at least enough stone to make a furnace. Then, I searched the wiki (again) and found out about the existence of char coal! I was saved, I wouldn't have to cower in the dark anymore. I put my remaining log in the furnace and at last was able to craft a meagre 4 torches, but I had never felt so rich. Things were looking up again. A new morning came, and then this music started playing; a sudden realization that things can change for the better, as long as you can find your source of light.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    WanWan, Joong, LichWiz and 1 other person like this.
  13. Jesseh

Jesseh Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Heartlines
    Level:
    Guild:
    Heartfelt

lee1, Al3x and Hamburg like this.
  14. Undisputed

Undisputed Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sheo, Zote
    Guild:
    Degeneracy
    My list of nostalgic music is endless and some of them are already here.
    Here are a few of my unmentioned favorites.

This game always meant a lot to me just like maple story did:

One of the best nintendo 64 games (if not the best game ever along side TTYD):

No brainer:

Singing this alone in the car :oops::

Just remembered this and adventure quest battleon (though I don't remmeber a theme):

LichWiz likes this.
  15. LichWiz

IGN:
    IronShichika
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman

Duuuuuuude jazz jackrabbit is my CHILDHOOD
    I was actually planning to post a list here already of all my favorite tracks, and now you gave me the reason to do it early XD

When i was small, my parents bought me a disk that had a few games on it.
    While the other games were mostly a miss, I was IN LOVE WITH JAZZ JACKRABBIT 2!
    I played it so much, even tho i had a dumb child brain that managed to fail even with hacks on. The music is so memorable, and the time i just invited friends over to do co-op on this was the fucking best.

I HIGHLY suggest you guys to check this soundtrack because it stood the test of time, and i honestly never heard this sort of "electro-jazz" music style in any other game before, nor after playing this one

knetterzak likes this.
  16. Hamburg

Hamburg Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Jerome Jr.
    Level:
    Guild:
    Arambe
    Love this thread so far.

Age of War.
    If you never played this game, you definitely missed out.

Another classic flash game, since the new one came out they took out the rest of the old bgm videos so I had to use this 80 minutes one :(

Soul Calibur 3. Spent a third of my childhood playing it on my ps2. I absolutely love that game, especially the chronicles of the sword game mode where you ride horses and kind of strategize before doing tekken-like fights

Tekken 5...What a game. I beat it on every character including the extra characters you have to unlock by purchasing the 500,000 gold thing(for example swapping Christie with Eddy)

I can't even describe how much I love this game. As a kid building my own cars while adding flames in the back was the coolest thing on the computer.

Another game I really love. As a kid I never managed to beat the Zurg fight because apparently they programmed it like potatoes but the OST is absolutely incredible

I'm sure you guys heard about this game if you played maple. Well, I still play it to this day. But the halloween event soundtrack is my all time favorite, probably because it's badass.

Other than the games listed, I grew up playing RTS games offline. Command and Conquer, Rise of nations, Age of Mythology and Age of Empires.
    Out of all of them, I still play Command and Conquer to this day.

You all know the game. Spent hours designing my character with nx items despite not being able to purchase nx.

Just a cool racing game I played as a kid. When I got my first PC it didn't have any internet connection so that was the only game I had.

My favorite game. Weird pokemon wanna-be on facebook but I spent countless hours on it, even had a youtube channel. Most popular video had 25k views.

My 2nd favorite facebook game. I still miss it .
    I'll edit descriptions in a second
    I might have more but those are my favorites

Also I just want to mention this was a joy to write. I get really emotionally attached to soundtracks and some of these can make me cry, but in the best way possible.

Jesseh likes this.
  17. knetterzak

knetterzak Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Roxanne
    Level:
    var
    Guild:
    --
    Oh my god, yes! Jazz Jackrabbit probably had the best music out of all the games I've ever played, haha. I remember so many of those OSTs you posted and it's a sound for sore ears. <3

18. Farron

Farron Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Vawn
    Guild:
    OPQLovers

Jesseh likes this.
  19. Vanityx3

Vanityx3 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Vanityx3
    Level:
  20. LichWiz

IGN:
    IronShichika
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    Im in the mood for more nostalgia!

This time i'll be sharing probably one of the pioneers of gaming music, that broke free of the gamey sounding osts, and went full orchestral.
    You guessed it (or you didn't, idk lol), its THE SIMS!

Also, if you hear this, and didn't get an anxiety attack, you clearly didn't play sims in your childhood lol

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
    Hamburg, KWJ and Sen like this.