Roger's Revenge. A Short-Story.. Fan-Fic

Discussion in 'Royals' Random Creativity' started by Kelly Collier, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Kelly Collier

Kelly Collier Member

Country Flag:
    Below is the start of a short story. For an idea I had, I have plenty more ideas for it. However I thought I'd post a portion of it and see what others thought. I hope you enjoy.

Rogers Revenge :
    A Short-Story written by: Kelly Collier

"I wasn't always like this... cold and bitter were not my true colors. I was once just like them, a fellow islander. Until that day...that awful day... I'm telling you they all got what they deserved.... Laughing... their all laughing." She runs her fingers through her long golden hair and lets out a sigh. " I'll turn the sound of their laughter into wails and screams! They'll regret the day they ever crossed Maya...I mean... Roger."

"Shanks! Shanks!!! Get up this instant your gonna be late!" Stretching out his arms a lazy boy rolls out of bed. "Why is she always so loud, this early?!?" questioned Shanks. He lets out a loud yawn and falls to his feet. Stubbing his toe on the end of his bed lets out a yell. "SON OF A *****". Grabbing his mouth as if he were able to take back the word. He knew he'd messed up this time for that sound coming up the stairs was not a welcome party. The door swings open... "Excuse me?!? What did we say about that language", she pauses as Shanks stares her down like a deer in headlights. "Well?" , she asks again. With a gulp Shanks manages to catch his breath. "Fou-Foul Lang-Language is for pirates & single mothers". Her foot still tapping... begins to slow and the once frown is now a smile. "Well the single mothers part we can leave out in public" ,she giggles. "You sound just like your father, always making me laugh". Shanks now intrigued... "Speaking of dad... have you... heard anything?", His mothers smile had now all but vanished. "No, I haven't... but your dads the best Captain on the island... no ocean is too strong for him." Both stood in silence. "Anyway, you're gonna be late Shanks... Get ready for school. Ill be waiting outside." She exits the bedroom.
    Shanks finally manages to get to the front door. Hoping on one foot while attempting to put on his left shoe. "This is why we don't wait until the last second Shanks", sneered his mother. Shanks was always late though, his father used to say that he would be late to his own funeral. This wasn't just any day to be late for either for this day was the beginning of Shanks tale. Lets back up though, Shanks grew up on an Island named Maple Island and rightfully named so... There were maple trees for as far as the eye could see. The soil was rich and provided many things. The island being an island was surrounded by ocean. However there was an underground river that flowed under the island. This allowed the island to be inhabitable. The river was found after many deaths, dehydration is no joke. At least that's what Shanks father used to tell him. You see it was Shanks grandfather who had discovered the island in the first place. He had been sailing for months looking for a new home for his wife and child to live. The last one had been devoured by something.... Shank's grandfather didn't talk about it often though he would just say it was "Pure fear". It had killed all except a three boat fulls of people. A few small families left homeless and afraid. Shank's grandfather took control though and so they set sail in search of a homeland.

They set sights on the island from a distance. It seemed so peaceful and quiet. Ever edging closer to the island the boat finally docked on shore. It was even more beautiful close up. A man jumps out of the boat, "It's gorgeous!, hunny you gotta see this!" His wife carefully takes a step into the sand and lets out a sigh of relief. The man takes off in a sprint towards solid ground. "STOP!" a deep voice bellows from the background. "You fool! you don't know whats out there... We don't even know where we are!" But it was to late for the man had already reached the hillside and wasn't stopping. Smiling and gallivanting down the hill as if this man had never seen dry land in his entire life. It truly was a sight to withhold, Green grass blades as far as the eyes could see... Orange tinted trees every few yards and the air even seemed to be fresher somehow. It seemed like an Oasis or a Utopia...The best part by far though was that there were no creatures to torment them or take everything they held dear... Or so he thought.

By this point most of the travelers had reached the peak of the hill. Having witnessed the man vanish over the hillside. The curiosity had gotten the better of them. They stood in Awe gazing upon what was to be their new home. For it truly was perfect... better then they could of hoped for. They danced and frolicked for hours until the sun had begun to set. They decided to build a beach fire that night for the sand was the softest to sleep on. Along the way had found some drift wood and made a fire. Sitting around the campfire that night was so serene... Maybe it was the moonlight reflecting off the ocean or the overwhelming happiness they felt but all seemed right in the world once again. You could say almost to good to be true... And you'd be right. For everything the island gave by day it took back at night. The grass turned black as if it were dipped in oil, the trees glowed as if they were radioactive. and the noises oh dear god the noises.... Howling was heard from every which way. The people cowered in fear... Mothers grasping their children tightly and the men took shifts alongside the bottom of the hill. It continued all night... Growls, odd scratching noises and blood curdling howls. No one had gotten any sleep that night that is one thing I know and who could blame them? A morning mist had set in... rolled onto the banks from the ocean side. They could barely make out their neighbor at this point... "I can't see anything in this!" cried a man. For it had grown silent... unsettling stillness. It stayed this way for hours just pure silence and not one person dared to break it. It was almost as if their was a hand in front of your face just waiting for you to revel yourself to it. Finally a woman spoke... " I think you should go check it out..." Staring at her husband to her right. The man stared at her with disgust , " Are you insane? Were you asleep all night?... There's no way I'm going any-" The man is dragged into the mist. He lets out a wail... "No, please!! STOP! STOP!". The man screams fill the air and then silence returns. The crowd stares in awe... for this man had just been drug away mid sentence. A moment passes and suddenly a figure is outlined in the mist. Moving from side to side... Stalking them... mocking them. From what was able to be seen it moved on four legs and had demon yellow eyes. Suddenly, a head rolls back into view. The wife of the now dead husband lets out a scream, "OH MY GOD!". Crying, she falls to the ground right in front of her now decapitated husband. Panic sets in and sends everyone running in a frenzy. A howl overpowers the screams and in leaps the demon, or should i say demons. The mist still heavy sends the travelers bumping into one another making them all to easy prey for this alpha predator. The demons overpowers the front line of husbands and sons. Easily ripping them to shreds and dragging them off into the darkness. "Honey! RUN!.... the boat.. get to the BOA-" The wives turned and ran for the water. Throwing their children into the murky depths. But it was to late for most as the pack had made quick work of most of the men and was coming straight at them. A few of the demons dove into the water head first grabbing one child after another.. Even the ones still being held by the mothers, ripping them from the mothers arms. Another howl pierced the chaos... And as quickly as they had arrived... they vanished...

The night had ended... Mothers and Fathers were sobbing for lost ones... including their now missing kids. Only one child was not taken... Only one child had managed to escape this vicious night unscathed. He had managed by jumping into a near by boat and covering himself with the body of a murdered islander. Lucas was his name... Lucas the clever. And would grow to be a legend of this tale. Terrified Lucas climbed out of the boat the blood being washed into the water with every step. Lucas had made his way to the shore. There was blood everywhere... So much blood. Heads littered the ground.... Wives holding husbands, Husbands holding wifes.... Both dead and living. This was a night of loss... a night of pain... A night of FEAR.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
    itsKate likes this.
  2. Kelly Collier

Kelly Collier Member

Country Flag:
    Reserved.

3. Kelly Collier

Kelly Collier Member

Country Flag:
    Reserved.

4. Kelly Collier

Kelly Collier Member