1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paladin questions

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by jamesaang, Nov 10, 2019.

1. jamesaang

jamesaang Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    MagicAang
    Level:
    Guild:
    Snails
    Hi there. I just started a warrior character and I'm still undecided on what he will be come 2nd job. I cant determine this strictly because I have a few unanswered questions about paladins.

1) To those who play paladins,what do you enjoy about the class and why should/shouldn't I play it?

2) Do they have anything unique to them that would make them have an edge over picking the other 2 warrior classes? (Whether it be in terms of stats or just the fun of the class)

3) There is alot of options for the class it seems. (1h sword,1h blunt,2h sword,2h blunt) do one of these weapon categories do better than the other? Is there a hybrid build or do I stick strictly to one?

Thank you for taking the time to read this and thank you to those who reply!

2. Cynn

Cynn Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    BronzeMedal
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    I don't play Paladin but:

Paladin are probably the strongest warriors at the moment.

They have elemental charges; they became strong cause they gave all bosses elemental weaknesses, but you'll have to memorize or write them down.

Stick to one. BW 1h+shield seems to be the most fun but its really expensive. I would just go 2h Sword with stonetooth cause they're the easiest to find.

NTR and jamesaang like this.
  3. FriendlyBear

FriendlyBear Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    FriendlyBear
    Paladins are a rare class to see, and i think its a shame. there needs to be more of them around.
    i never played the class, but here's what i know about it.
    they rely on elemental weakness to do good damage. so if you attack an element weak monster, you can probably be very strong. at 4th job you get a full screen attack called heaven's hammer, which is amazing.
    at 4th job blast is your 1v1 skill and charged blow is your mob skill.
    statistically, using a 1h sword with a good attack shield is the best combination. but if you dont care about being strongest, you can go unique and use a 1h or 2h mace. theyre very cheap too. you can try using stonetooth too, but they require 120 dex. not sure if that requirement exist here or not.
    and yeah, thats it basically. fun, unique class. if i would choose warrior, i'd definitely be a paladin instead of hero or dark knight.

jamesaang likes this.