Meso Guard

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by nicky, Aug 6, 2021.

1. FoodWars

FoodWars Well-Known Member

IGN:
    8=D
    Level:
    Guild:
    Wrath
    100%

2. Jen123

Jen123 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    It depends if you're the type of player to watch movies while bossing, the type of player that types in chat while bossing or the type that holds down one button and only stares at their char for 30 min-1hr. Personally, I'm the type that likes to chat with friends or watch a movie so I've been close to death many times and typed 'VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV' into chat like an idiot. I don't think its fair to expect shad mains to pay more attention to royals just because we have higher avoid or smoke, since at the end of the day we're playing to relax and enjoy ourselves. Staring blankly at my screen, not watching a show and not typing to my friends just so I don't accidentally die in a boss run and ruin it for my friends does not sound enjoyable. I get that shads have their perks but don't all classes have their perks? And last I checked 1/1 isn't actually dangerous for any class EXCEPT shad and maybe mages because everyone has autopot and can use PE but when we get hit with 1/1, and it forces us to be stuck in dark sight and unable to pot, we possibly die in: pap, zak, shao, ht, the boss, dunas v1, nibergan, and nameless. Plus, don't forget an unwashed or barely-washed shad can also easily die when they get dispelled at: pap, ht, verga, dunas v1, dunas v2 and auf. Together these lists probably include all the bosses on server, so yea, if you boss at all and you're the type that likes to actually have fun chatting with friends or casually chill and watch a show in the background, remember that literally everything can kill you.

Yes, you can survive with an active bishop, but I've also bossed many many times without an active bishop because 1) my friend group doesn't include a bishop main, 2) no one in my friend group has a hp-washed bishop and 3) my own bishop is not washed. Also, I thought the point of this nerf was to discourage muling? Does it make sense that the solution to being stuck in ds and not being able to pot is to hp wash and mule bish to survive? I get that the other solution is to 'pay attention' but I don't think it's fair to say I'm not paying attention just because I'm doing what literally everyone else does while bossing. All in all it's not impossible but I'd recommend you mule bish just for res, especially when you're bossing with friends and don't wanna be a burden. That's my solution to it at least.

MSdrawman, Kayu, Kenny and 1 other person like this.
  3. Shnang

Shnang Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Acoustics
    Level:
    Guild:
    Home
    We should add a new poll to see how people deal with seduce in ht now.~f18

I have yet to go to ht without a dedicated seduce target (mule), be it a shadower or not, this just proves the original point of the change has been made irrelevant. It simply makes the class less enjoyable for those who main them. All this change does is to promote additional reliance on teammates and let's face it due to human nature, might let you down. It happens, I've forgotten to recast magic guard, bishop dcing, accidently pressing the rock and leaving the map, all these leading to making life more difficult for our poor seduce target.
    from personal experience, using a shad sedmule is still doable, this change simply screws over shad mains more.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
  4. BaconLord47

BaconLord47 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    BaconLord01
    Guild:
    Degens
    I recently started playing my shad again. This won’t be a long winded post, but i’m a bit bummed at some of the responses so far (trying to justify the changes). I have played maple since the beginning (back when it first came out), and since the beginning thieves have been known for their high avoid. We somehow avoided that blatant nerf (thank god) but got hit with this quickly implemented change (not a bug by any means whatsoever). I think there have been plenty of great suggestions throughout this thread including:
    -Allowing pots while in DS.
    -Removing the need for DS to be used with assaninate.
    -Some easier method for getting out of DS.

I literally had the hardest time surviving zak on my shad (haven’t washed yet). I kept getting stunned and 1/1’d in DS. I play on my laptop (guess I need to grab a mouse now according to those who think we should just right click on the icon… -_-) and sometimes have higher ping due to my hotspot. I literally had a split second if not less to remove ds, pot, and make sure I wasn’t getting knocked into the boss/hit by mobs/objects at the same time. I prefer repositioning my bm or other classes to this shit show anyday. At least other classes can survive 1/1…..

PLEASE discuss a change soon. I don’t see why allowing pots to be used while in DS can’t be implemented/trialed to see how it goes. I don’t see too many downsides with this. Maybe make it so pets dont work in DS and it has to be a manual pot? This would still help eliminate muling shads as sed mules if that’s what you’re after.

-Bacon and every other not 100% washed shad with great clicking reflexes.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
    Saledor, MSdrawman, Kenny and 7 others like this.
  5. ilovebacon

ilovebacon Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    LEVEL200
    Level:
    Guild:
    MAX

bacons unites!

6. PakChoi

PakChoi Well-Known Member

I didn't play for quite some time but I think you can also cancel DS by using normal attack (might be easier than right clicking on the icon). Nonetheless this change is still an issue disimproving the QoL of every shadower main.

Zomgturkey and Shnang like this.