LHC Class Tier List

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TidalWave, Nov 24, 2021.

1. TidalWave

TidalWave Member

Country Flag:
    Hello everyone! Now that LHC has been out for a while and is gaining popularity thanks to the excellent exp gain and all the smegas of people winning CS, WS, Taru Totems from the etc. exchange, I thought it would be fun for everyone to rank the classes on their effectiveness in LHC! I am basing this on my own experiences of many LHC runs and analysis of class data. This is obviously by no means perfect, but I hope I can share some insight on the strengths and weaknesses of all the classes here!

Brief Introduction of Lionheart Castle (LHC):
    LHC is a 1 hour full party exp grind which basically involves pushing/pulling 3-6 monsters into one spot then efficiently destroying them primarily with strong multi-target abilities. The bonus party exp is absolutely incredible: with a 6-person party, you can get up to 406,400 bonus exp per kill for Blood Reindeer, and 512,000 exp for Bearwolf. As of now, there are two main grinding maps: Blood Reindeers (Under The Castle Walls 3) and Bearwolves (Under the Castle Walls 4). Due to the differences, I have made two separate tier lists. Note that classes with strong multi-target abilities shine here.

For Official Overview: https://mapleroyals.com/forum/threads/content-release-lionheart-castle.193626/
    For level, maps, exp: https://mapleroyals.com/forum/threads/lhc-grinding-party-exp-hr.193861/

Update (1/23/22): Updated Bearwolf Tier List. Since Blood Reindeer has fallen a lot in overall popularity, I didn't update it yet. I put Hero in S-Tier to more accurately reflect their strength in LHC.

Blood Reindeer Tier List:

my-image.png

Tier Rank Explanations:
    S - Offers top of the class damage on top of having strong utility.
    A - Offers either strong damage, strong utility, or a combination of both. Some of these classes will make or break an LHC party.
    B - Solid. These classes are reliable and deal consistently great damage.
    C - Average. Can still deal decent damage, but there are better offerings.
    D - Below Average. Outclassed but still not as weak as bottom tiers.
    F - Bottom Tier. Combination of offering very weak multi-target damage and being completely outclassed.

Ice/Lightning Archmage: Thanks to Blood Deers being ice-weak, I/Ls can nuke the entire map with Blizzard, dealing insane damage (ex: 175k+ in my experience) to almost all mobs while also aggroing them towards the middle where it is easier for other teammates to pin. The only downside is that the Blizzard spam can make it harder to push the mobs since they are being damaged and can slightly displace them outward, making them less tightly grouped.

Dark Knight: The quintessential warrior. DrKs boast some of the strongest multi-target DPS with Dragon Crusher (3 targets), can rush like other warriors, and has Hyper Body which is great to reduce the odds of unexpected deaths. Unlike late game bosses, DrKs have no issue with keeping Berserk Up the whole time.
    Buccaneer: This "one of" class will make or break LHC parties b/c of Speed Infusion. One bucc is essential because of this buff alone. Buccaneers are decent mobbers as well, with Snatch + DS combo (6 targets), and they can pin/pull mobs with ease.

Paladin: Like with I/L Mages, Paladins shine due to Ice Charge. Some also carry Heaven's Hammer which is an occasional map-wide nuke.

Shadower: Strong mobber with Boomerang Step (4 targets), on top of carrying Haste and Smokes.

Marksman: Another excellent "one of" to have. While not as mandatory as Buccs, MMs carry Sharp Eyes on top of having Piercing Arrow (6 targets) which can easily break damage cap (over 200k). Blind can be somewhat useful as well.
    Hero: Extremely solid and reliable DPS with Brandish. Can Rush mobs like all warriors. Only downside is that Brandish only hits 3 targets, otherwise you cannot go wrong with this pick.
    Corsair: Decent damage with Battleship Torpedo, which hits 6 mobs. It is very easy to stay in ship as you can fire from a safe distance. Can switch to their incredible single-target DPS to finish off weak mobs. Downside is that they otherwise lack any special utility like Rush or SE, so they are lower on the priority list
    Fire/Poison Mage: Basically a much weaker I/L Mage for this map. Can still help aggro mobs to the center, but overall DPS is a lot weaker.
    Bowmaster: Basically an SE mule that is completely outclassed by MMs because they lack decent mob skills. By the time a BM does 100k total damage to 1 monster, an MM can do 1 million total damage w/ Pierce with 6 mobs. People generally prefer to take another Melee over a BM even w/ SE.

Bishop: Basically an HS mule, but another attacker is more valuable than HS. Their DPS is inferior to the archmages.

Night Lord: Basically a joke class for LHC. They lack decent mob skills and people will refuse to party with NLs.

Bearwolf Tier List:

[​IMG]

Tier Rank Explanations:
    S - Top Tier. Offers top of the class damage on top of having strong utility.
    A - High Tier. Offers either strong damage, strong utility, or a combination of both. Some of these classes will make or break an LHC party.
    B - Average Tier. These classes are reliable and can deal decent damage but there are better offerings.
    C - Low Tier. Still more useful than bottom tier.
    D - Bottom Tier. Combination of offering very weak multi-target damage and being completely outclassed.

Dark Knight: The quintessential warrior. DrKs boast some of the strongest multi-target DPS with Dragon Crusher (3 targets), can rush like other warriors, and has Hyper Body which is great to reduce the odds of unexpected deaths. Unlike late game bosses, DrKs have no issue with keeping Berserk Up the whole time.

Hero: Extremely solid and reliable DPS with Brandish (3 targets) and can rush. Heroes are placed just behind DKs because DKs have Hyper Body.
    Buccaneer: This "one of" class will make or break LHC parties b/c of Speed Infusion. One bucc is essential because of this buff alone. Buccaneers are decent mobbers as well, with Snatch + DS combo (6 targets), and they can pin/pull mobs with ease.

Shadower: Strong mobber with Boomerang Step (4 targets), on top of carrying Haste and Smokes.

Marksman: Another excellent "one of" to have. While not as mandatory as Buccs, MMs carry Sharp Eyes on top of having Piercing Arrow (6 targets) which can easily break damage cap (over 200k). Blind can be somewhat useful as well.
    Paladin: Still solid damage and can rush, but since Bearwolves don't have any elemental weaknesses for Pallys to exploit, they fall behind the other warriors.

Corsair:
    Decent damage with Battleship Torpedo (6 targets) or use their incredible single-target DPS to finish off weak mobs. Downside is that they otherwise lack any special utility like Rush or SE, so they are lower on the priority list
    Fire/Poison Archmage: Not a great pick but can at least pull mobs closer to the middle.

Ice/Lightning Archmage: Basically a weaker F/P Mage here because Bearwolves have no elemental weaknesses.
    Bowmaster: Basically an SE mule that is completely outclassed by MMs because they lack decent mob skills. By the time a BM does 100k total damage to 1 monster, an MM can do 1 million total damage w/ Pierce with 6 mobs. People generally prefer to take another Melee over a BM even w/ SE.

Bishop: Basically an HS mule, but another attacker is more valuable than HS. Their DPS is inferior to the archmages.

Night Lord: Basically a joke class for LHC. They lack decent mob skills and people will refuse to party with NLs.

Feel free to make your own tier list based on your own experiences!
    https://tiermaker.com/create/lhc-blood-reindeer-mapleroyal-class-tier-list-1367446
    https://tiermaker.com/create/lhc-bearwolf-mapleroyal-class-tier-list-1367446

Please let me know if there is anything I need to fix!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
  2. deionize

deionize Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    deionize
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms
    nice compilation! seems like a comprehensive list, but no one is commenting.

I have not ran LHC yet but personally, i would put BM slightly higher at D as i have seen lots of party still running with BM and SE is a pretty valuable skill to both DK and Heroes.

3. TidalWave

TidalWave Member

Country Flag:
    SE is indeed powerful but a far superior SE class exists with an actual strong mob skill. I’ve noticed a rise in MM popularity which is likely due to LHC so MMs have been easier to find these days.

4. Herres

Herres Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Herres
    Level:
    This just shows why Heroes need an urgent buff.
    F tier at bossing and B tier at most at grinding. WHAT IS OUR PURPOSE?

5. TidalWave

TidalWave Member

Country Flag:
    Heroes are actually top tier. I felt my previous iteration was underselling their greatness.

6. Post

Post Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    PostSnipe
    Level:
    Guild:
    Liquorstore
    commenting three months later dw about it

Funny, I had a very similar idea with making an LHC tier list. Though, there are definitely some things I would change.
    I never did Reindeers so I won't give any input on that.
    However, I ran a ton of Bearwolves. While I understand that Rush is a great utility, I feel like DrKs/Heroes aren't the best melee class at LHC. I think Buccs deserve that spot; SI helps out literally all staple LHC classes (except shads), they can rush/pull, and hit 6 mobs consistently. For a make or break class, it seems weird that they wouldn't be the top of the list. Warriors are still great, but I would absolutely put Bucc as #1. Apart from that, I'd probably put Sairs above paladins, mainly because playing a Paladin without being able to take advantage of any elemental weakness is... sad. Finally, I'd probably move BMs to the bottom of B tier. Weirdly enough, a BM with SI spamming arrow bomb can do some decent damage (due to arrow bomb's weird crit mechanics.) Wouldn't call it great by any means, but I'd take a BM over any of the other classes in C or D tier.

oh yeah one more thing MM is best class ty

7. gadjah

gadjah Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    gadjah
    Level:
    Guild:
    raven
    well while i agree buccs play a huge role at buffing almost every usefull class at bears i disagree u can say they higher than drks/heroes mainly because u only need 1 bucc. a dk with pole arm will hit 6 target and better dps overall

Last edited: Apr 23, 2022
  8. Post

Post Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    PostSnipe
    Level:
    Guild:
    Liquorstore
    Not wrong, but I've never seen a DrK use a polearm at LHC. Don't doubt it happens, but I've never seen anyone actually do that.

9. Pandora

Pandora Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Roab
    Level:
    Guild:
    Paradise
    What Bearwolf tier would place Fire Poison Arch Mage and Paladin now that Update 79 has the following change?
    • Bearwolf in Lionheart Castle is now weak to Fire attribute attacks.

10. Aqwrd

Aqwrd Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Aqwrd
    upload_2022-5-14_16-45-34.png upload_2022-5-14_16-45-49.png
    And bms?

ImVeryJelly and baronrojo like this.
  11. TidalWave

TidalWave Member

Country Flag:
    - F/P should get a huge bump even to S tier potentially with the new change.
    - Paladins should be at least A tier.
    - BMs should be more viable but need to see Inferno's damage first and Phoenix is still discouraged because of how summons can screw up mob rushing. I do hope this change will at least allow parties to be more welcoming of BMs. SI + Booster + Inferno Spam should do decent damage

Let the testing begin!

12. Tidy

Tidy Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Tidy
    Level:
    18x
    Guild:
    Raven
    Would it be possible to expand this post to Golems? :< Everybody is saying how NLs + BMs are good at golems but never seen anybody recruiting or testing their actual exp p/h.

Aqwrd likes this.
  13. CreamGoddess

CreamGoddess Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CreamGoddess
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Matt tried once maybe more, but no success.

14. Matt

Matt Administrator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Matt
    Level:
    N/A
    Guild:
    Staff
    I'll attempt recruiting again after tonight's reset if anyone wants to try it out.

Aqwrd, Vini, Post and 1 other person like this.
  15. Tidy

Tidy Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Tidy
    Level:
    18x
    Guild:
    Raven
    I wish I could join :< but firstly I really gotta go to bed or I relapse into sleepness nights, and secondly I'm at Bears right now and don't know how far is that from the Golems. Enjoy it for me <3

16. Aqwrd

Aqwrd Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Aqwrd
    How did it turn out? I can join if still looking.

17. Post

Post Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    PostSnipe
    Level:
    Guild:
    Liquorstore
    It wasn't bad. Roughly ~200m xp in an hour. For Marksmemes and other mobbers, Bwolves would probably still be better, but 200m xp for a party of NLs and BMs still ain't bad. Only roughly ~70 totems, however. All of this done on the 25% bonus for the weekend, and with gizers/stoppers for most of the party.

18. CreamGoddess

CreamGoddess Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CreamGoddess
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    This is how a LHC 3NL + 1MM + 1BM + 1SHAD look like, we were not 100% synced, KB was killing us and only the other members can tell about exp, anyway was cool. :D
    @Matt thanks for host :classy:

Punk, Becca, Tidy and 4 others like this.
  19. Becca

Becca GM

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Becca
    Level:
    Guild:
    Staff
    I'm willing to test any bearwolf runs with my 167 bm! :) I just need to get caught up on the pres on her though :oops: I'm currently using my DK atm

20. Gwaihir

Gwaihir Donator

Country Flag:
    I'm really glad the GMs have added fire elemental weakness to Bearwolves, giving Paladins and F/P Mage (and maybe BM too) an edge to grind there.

But i do hope the Royals community are accepting to recruit other classes to LHC. When LHC was first introduced, everyone was open to trying out different party composition. But now i tend to see people recruiting only melees to Bearwolves. With the recent bonus exp & drop rate, i started to run LHC Reindeers again with my I/L. The party is not the usual melee team but i would say the exp is still as great. I believe a F/P Mage in Bearwolves would be as great as any melee in the team (or maybe even better).