Discussion in 'Class Guides' started by Marty, May 5, 2014.
Edit: Also fixed some lay-out issues that popped up due to the new forum.
Finally entirely updated the lay-out issues; the new forum fucked up the lists so badly. ._.
Stupid new forum. I don't like change!
Does it really only cost 7m to kill BF? People have been telling me it costs over 100m to kill one.
With 5k, assuming you don't miss any meso explosions, it is a little over 7m.
That's ridiculous. With maxed Meso Explosion and some decent bombing skills (which I have I'd say), I average 7,046,592 mesos per Bigfoot (without pinning & dropping 5k bags). And yes, I've been keeping track of all my booming costs so far on Linyah.
Alright, thanks for clearing that up. 7m is much more within my means.
I just wanted to let you know that your guide helped me to kill BF with meso explosion at level 72 with just over 10m mesos. I made quite a few mistakes at the beginning, but now I understand how to use ME twice to get the most damage from the bags.
I went from level 72 to 80 in less than an hour after I figured it out.
I have another question about Shadowers:
Do you need to HP wash substantially in order to do HT? The other bosses are manageable, but 11.5k touch damage even with MG seems ridiculous.
You're not going to be hit by Horntail's body (preferably), and even then, you're normally fine. 5.6k HP is the "magical number", since then you'll survive magic damage with HB on. With MG, you should be completely safe, really.
If you really wanna survive his touch damage... 11.5k (with MG) touch damage requires ~7,200 HP clean (no HB).
Myself as example: I'm Level 154 and have 5519 HP (which includes +150 ish from Equips) with 4 washes left, so ~5,600 HP. That's the "magical number" already, and that's only while washing out the bit of extra MP you get from Job Advancement and Zhelm+dep star. That leaves 1,600 HP.
Extra washes needed: 1,600 HP / 20-24 HP per wash = 67 - 80 (~73) washes = 804 - 960 (~876) MP needed
If you want to survive HT's touch damage (~11,500 with Meso Guard) with HB, you'd need 7,200 HP clean. To get this, you would need approximately 73 washes, so about 1 wash every 2 levels, which requires 60-70 INT (depending on how early you get to that amount with INT gear/base INT). That's pretty darn cheap and won't require any base INT if you got somewhat decent INT gear.
Cool, thanks for letting me know.
One more thing to add: This doesn't include the washes you can do (around 50) without any extra effort (so no INT gear or base INT, really).
what about dexless bandits? would you consider them a good option? never heard of a luckless bandit.
No, for the same reasons as to why STR-less Bandits aren't efficient. I'm planning on doing the math for both STR-less and pure-LUK (so DEX-less/STR-less together) Bandits to prove they're not as good damage-wise.
Edit: I'll make a DEX-less section, by the way.
From my experience i think the bombing build with a lv 1 pickpocket can be really good at Wolf Spiders. I used the normal build and couldnt match up a friend who was following a bombing build with pickpocket 1. He was killing way faster than just by using Savage Blow and the ME, while i had to keep jumping to attack the Wolf Spiders
Fair point; however, I didn't add Pickpocket for a reason. The amount of mesos dropped (if at all!) is very low, especially if you compare it to normal monster meso drops. The intention is to blow up mesos dropped by monsters. This is normally up to 20x more than Pickpocket mesos, basically making them almost negligible. That's my opinion about it; but whatever floats your boat!
By the way, that bombing build is mostly meant for people who actually are fast (macro) droppers and can drop really quick and quickly bomb afterwards, at, for example, Crimson Guardians, Gobies or bosses, of course.
Added anchors (I love these things!) and re-wrote the AP Build section, adding examples for each and making the texts shorter and easier to understand.
Almost finished my FAQ and dropping section, too!
Regarding Himes vs WS, Himes is much better. You don't even need Meso Guard. I went to Himes with a priest after seeing that WS are not a really good choice for CB. If you know how to position yourself at himes, you won't get hit and level really fast (at this levels anyways).
A few tips on Himes as a Chief Bandit:
Note: If you don't know how a Duo as a CB works on Himes:
- You need a Priest to lure the mobs (either with Shining Ray or Heal). For better results, try looking for a max HS priest.
- You need at least lv1 Meso Explosion and around 5,000,000 mesos (this is not an exact number, you may need less but its not recommended to have less than this when going to this map)for each hour you plan on staying. (Don't worry much about losing this money, the equips/scrolls you get from this map are enough to repay this and even get some more money out of it).
- Go to the corner and wait while using Dark Sight to prevent mobs from killing you.
- Drop mesos as the priest is luring the monsters and use Meso Explosion when all the mobs are at the corner with the priest.
- Do not come out of Dark Sight unless you are bombing. If you get hit once and have a bit of HP do not panic and try getting away from the Magic Attacks from Himes.
- Ideally your Priest should use Heal at all times. It has a faster animation than Shining Ray, therefore luring the monsters faster and when positioning in the corner, the priest will be healing you in case anything happens.
- Try positioning your mesos near but not to close to the corner. Drop bags of 2.2k(or more if you don't have Meso Explosion maxed) mesos near the left side of the tomb. Around 25 bags should be enough to kill all Dreamy Ghosts.
- (If you don't have Meso Guard/want to avoid damage) Position yourself here when your priest is coming back to the corner. This will prevent you from being hit by the Dreamy Ghost's magic attacks.
You're absolutely right; I'm just wondering: why 2.2k/bag? Is there any reasoning?
Usually with bosses you drop 5k bags for dmg/cost efficiency. For training is different, your goal is to kill the monsters and 5k bags would overkills them so the amount dropped per bag has to be below the usual 5k. In this case i found out 2.2k/bag is around the dmg/cost efficiency with Meso Explosion 30 (maxed) (Note that this amount is still an aproximate and therefore the exact amount could be lesser than that).
Note: I first tried using 2k/bag but it seemed like some of the Dreamy Ghosts were still alive (Although this could just be an illusion of mine)
Separate names with a comma.