How to fund my bandit?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Donkeypunch, Nov 19, 2021.

1. Donkeypunch

Donkeypunch Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Dankey
    I am wondering how expensive it is to use meso explosion. To kill headless horseman how many mesos do I drop? If its like 2 mil that's reasonable... if it's like 20 mil I cant afford that.

My highest level character is I have 2 lvl 14x a corsair and a paladin. But I never have had more than like 200 mil. I just buy APR and sell them bc I used to spend everything on gachapon and never once got lucky. How do people have hundreds of millions of mesos? I know most of the most wealthy people on the servers are hackers... and a lot of people buy mesos third party. I'm thinking this makes the economy impossible for legit players like myself. How as a legit player can I get billions of mesos? I don't have someone to sell leech like a mage or bishop...

2. Kenny

Kenny Developer

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    xNightyx
    Level:
    it takes about 20m to bomb a bigfoot iirc. prob a few mill for the horseman
    it's a progression game after all. My advice is to not compare yourself to others who might spend years accumulating gear. You won't see a perfect weapon magically waiting for you to pickup in the happyville.

Becca, Pet Frog and Tsue like this.
  3. Donkeypunch

Donkeypunch Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Dankey
    I just meant if I don't have money I literally can't play bandit. You cant explode mesos if you dont have them. The economy is completely ruined by all the hackers. Every single channel in ToT has one vac hacking

4. Nerd

Nerd Donator

IGN:
    Obfuscate
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    There are plenty of ways to farm mesos for your accounts, you don't need to make mages or sell leech to make money - those are of usually the most efficient and consistent ways to get mesos but there are other options like:
    • Farming side bosses for NX
    • Farming expensive scrolls from lower level monsters (helm dex60% from pythons, 2m each || helm int60% ToT, 5m each)
    • Joining boss runs like zakum where you sell a VIP helmet
    • Joining boss runs like Krex where you sell the ring
    • Saving your daily NX to sell APRs
    • Saving your daily NX to gach for CS/WS
    • Scrolling for profit - items like 10wa work gloves, 10 dex earring, 10 luk earring, 7 int wooden wands
    • Crafting balanced furies, crystal ilbi, stormcaster gloves
    The list is honestly endless, it's just a matter of what you enjoy doing. A lot of older players have accumulated wealth throughout the years and while it might seem that they are unreasonably wealthy, it's something you can absolutely achieve if you consistently play the game. Give a few of the methods above a try and see how much you can make in 1-2 months. You'll be surprised how fast you can earn meso when you focus on it

5. CupOfJoe

CupOfJoe Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CupOfJoe
    Level:
    Guild:
    n/a
    I agree with the general point @Nerd made here, there are a lot of ways to make mesos. I'd like to add one--APQ. Doing 4 runs per day to farm onyx apples is one of the most consistent ways to make mesos without using a 4th job mage to leech/farm. I'd also like to disagree with selling zhelm or krex ring. It'll cover the cost of your attack potions at best, unless you get strong enough to duo/trio, and even then it's not very profitable.

I have not played the bandit line in this server, but I have played it in another server before. Sure, meso explosion can be expensive, but it's not your only option. Band of Thieves is quite a decent skill to train with. Over time you will accumulate wealth from the equips you sell to NPC for mesos and the occasional godly equips you obtain.

icedem0n and Tsue like this.
  6. Baconfry

Baconfry Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Hachimitsu
    Level:
    Guild:
    GuestList
    Bombing Bigfoot absolutely does not take 20m if you use 4k meso bags. Bombing HH can be done with half that amount per bag, still with a fast kill time. Bombing Giant Gold Monks will actually make you more money than you lose, assuming 20 x 2.5k bombs 6 monks at once. You do not need to be funded to use Meso Explosion properly. Even if you only have 5m to your name you can still gain wealth if you blow it up in the right places

ShamanKing likes this.
  7. Lowly

Lowly Donator

Bombing a Bigfoot takes about 7m when using 5k bags with max meso explosion when you don't whiff your timing

Gillies, Cloudette and Baconfry like this.
  8. Elor

Elor Well-Known Member

IGN:
    JinxShad
    Hey,

I am a shad that starter with nothing really,

took me a lot of money to kill BF for the first time (unexperienced causes to bomb mesos for nothing),
    it does get easier when you learn the method, if you find HH then do it, it is much easier and you can get 5k nx cards,

it took me at first about 15m to kill bf, now I think it will be less,

I would recommend to not sell APRs and take your chances with gach, get like 300k and try your luck, my fav place is NLC, because not only the WS, you can also get good ST and some scrolls,

also APQ is a great option for apples.

CupOfJoe likes this.
  9. Yungbismarck

Yungbismarck Member

Late to the party, but I gotta say that your view of "wealthy" players is seriously skewed. Most of the really wealthy players get to that point by playing for YEARS. Personally, I am a casual player who has played on and off for a couple years. I have around 10b. That is not a lot all things considered, but it is a nice chunk of change that allows me to play my characters how I want basically. I got that money by voting EVERY SINGLE DAY (add a bookmark or link on the "new tab" screen of your browser to remind yourself to vote every day), saving my NX during the months that I don't play, and when I go back or feel like gambling I go on massive gach runs. Then I sell the stuff I get. It's that simple. If you play consistently, you can get much more money than me in a much faster period of time, but I play casually and I find gach very fun, so that's what has worked for me.

Don't be so cynical about the game dude, it's not that serious.

10. Gillies

Gillies Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    20m is definetly too much bomb money I used to spent like 5-10m I think.

You can bomb himes at 400 (I forgot how much, but I think you can bomb her with less than 1k) and its a net positive money selling NPC and its good xp.

BF is powerfarming, if you cannot blow that money, bomb himes with a priest. Its very good xp and its lucrative.

And the obvious anwser that nobody wants to say but its the sad truth =
    - Create a bish and sell leech.
    - 1 hours its 8 BF bomb money not counting NPCing items.

11. SwordDude

SwordDude Well-Known Member

IGN:
    SwordDude
    Level:
    I knew meso bombing costed some meso but millions per BF I'm shocked that's insanity

Cheaper than leech I guess since tons of exp and it's still small fry compared to leech services cost, but for a character move it's unexpected to say the least. I guess it compensates considering they never get hit and rarely have to use pots?

still atm you could farm christmas gifts at crowded weak mob maps seems to have decent drop rate and the most common reward seems 250 nx or 500K + meso

Last edited: Dec 24, 2021
  12. Cooler

Cooler Donator

Country Flag:
    Guild:
    Treasure
    you'll save a lot of money and discomfort by simply not bombing, its not necessary. not necessary for bossing either.

on the other hand you can also sell bigfoot leech if you do bomb. its an ass load of exp and any rando priest who just has to tele in, hs you, and run, you can charge them for whatever money you've blown or more. its five minutes of effort on their end. you can and should charge them for your service.
    toes and bf cards also sell.

but typhons are right there. once you have max band of thieves and a point in assaulter (aka your grappling hook), its amazing grinding. when you get good at wrangling and predicting their ai and know the safe spot, its amazing exp. and if you don't feel like climbing up, or reclimbing, just use a cheap tele rock.

you can also sell typhon cards, feathers, and baby typhon cards. most people won't want to hunt them. their eq drops npcs quite high as well.

i find himes ultra boring and a massive potion burn.

once you have assassinate, can nate+bomb, can tank one bf hit, that's a much more peaceful, cheaper, and faster bf bombing experience

there's lots of ways to make money/funds. but they all require luck, determination, and time, whichever route you go. i recommend hunting your own gear and scrolls. also recommend max steal for item/card hunting (check my steal guide for more info). its very gratifying and saves you 100s of millions you can use to bomb or for other needs

Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
  13. Bot

Bot Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Farm Farm Farm Farm!!

Make Mages for farm + Leech selling! Fighter for CPQ leech! The more leeching options you have the more meso possible!
    Also, Farming with mages during events with special drops can get you way more meso than normal! (Christmas presents, Red envelopes)

Daily Mini bossing for nx is also a big addition to voting! (Really something to consider)