Hired Merchant LIMIT.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by jescsaechao, Aug 14, 2017.

1. jescsaechao

jescsaechao Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    YungSriracha
    Level:
    Guild:
    Generations
    The return of hired merchants was great for a lot of us but honestly, I can't stand it! I believe hired merchants should be 1 per ip just like how voting is once per ip. Finding an fm spot is impossible, i mean unless you wanna settle for like channel 17 fm 4? GMS wasn't even this packed, not even close! Don't come at me with the whole 'it's free here you had to pay in gms' argument because that's dead. The player ratio of GMS to this was probably like 1000 to 1 so even if you had to -pay- best BELIEVE more of those people were buying NX and SHOPS. Please LIMIT users hired merchant use because this is really getting out of hand. Thanks for your time.

JadenSmith, looty108, Bean and 3 others like this.
  2. Nes

Nes Donator

It'll probably clear up a bit once the shops from Old Source expire...it was much easier to have multiples when it was only 10 mil for a permanent shop, but those ones expire this weekend.

Eika, MerIot, Jeen and 2 others like this.
  3. Matt

Matt Administrator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Matt
    Level:
    N/A
    Guild:
    Staff
    Pretty much what @nesimroxx has said. Everyone with an existing permanent HM has had a 7 day expiry put on them. It would be better to reevaluate the situation after all those ones expire.

4. jescsaechao

jescsaechao Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    YungSriracha
    Level:
    Guild:
    Generations
    Thanks for the replies, was a bit pissed cuz everything i tried scrolling today blew up and just wanted to set up shop and call it a night, little did i know how hard that would be lol

5. John

John Donator

There's also a difference between there being no room to put a merchant and no desirable room. With Owls however, location shouldn't matter as much as prices.

Seb and Hamburg like this.
  6. godys

godys Well-Known Member

IMO
    I was hoping that Hired Merchant would be awesome for me, since I like to keep merching all the way.
    But only two days out of it, and I already got pissed twice.
    Two random server checks got me out of some nice spots, while I'm not aware that they were going to happen.
    Getting d/ced from personal shops wasn't that bad, since good spots were easy to find, but now you lose a CH1
    spot, you will only find spots on ch 3-4.
    And it's only 7 days, which means that if you don't have a good spot, you will have to hope for someone to use an Owl
    to find your stuff (which won't happen if you don't have some highly desired stuff) to get things sold.
    Two days and I've not sold a penny out of this store.
    People won't go surfing throught dozens of rooms in dozens of channels.

Honestly, making this stores 7 days was the worst idea ever, even that it's "GMS alike", it's not worth it.
    Unless you make it something unique, like the topic's idea, making it less likely that people will have multiple stores.

looty108 likes this.
  7. Matt

Matt Administrator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Matt
    Level:
    N/A
    Guild:
    Staff
    The two server checks were unexpected but necessary as they both included fixes for major issues. We don't intend to keep doing random server checks and will try to provide notice in advance wherever we can. Hopefully you can understand that the implementation of Hired Merchants and Owls consists of a lot of code, and no matter how hard we try to test these on our test server, it's practically impossible to know if any issues will arise when there are 1,000+ players using them in real time.

In regards to the amount of merchants that are currently in the free market, that has been addressed in previous posts and should reduce once the 7 days expires for all 35,000+ previously permanent merchants that players purchased back on the old source that are currently on the server.

8. godys

godys Well-Known Member

I understand that server checks are necessary, the point I was using them for is that there are more shops than
    should, since people has multiple stores, and when a server check happens, they will just take all the rooms
    before other people notice it.

I really hope that after a month or so, this will be slightly better,
    because burning nx on a 7 days merchant to use on a channel 7 room won't be worth it
    T_T

Thanks for replying anyway :)

9. Matt

Matt Administrator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Matt
    Level:
    N/A
    Guild:
    Staff
    I just explained that they should reduce after the 7 days are up, not after a month. I doubt very much that all these people who purchased permanent merchants for their mules will continue to spend their precious NX for temporary merchants on mules.

Additionally the best value merchant is a 14 day one for 12,000 NX, so I would suggest purchasing that one over the 7 day one if you want to make the most of your NX.

godys likes this.
  10. godys

godys Well-Known Member

Certainly it will be reduced a bit after just 7 days.
    But I believe there will be some people that are saving shops from diff chars, to use after the first one expires.
    I myself have one for that.
    Reason why I believe they might be less within a month only, probably.

But about the topic's idea, is there a way to limit one shop per player (or ip)?

11. Matt

Matt Administrator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Matt
    Level:
    N/A
    Guild:
    Staff
    We will consider solutions after the 7 days if it seems to be a major problem. However I do not personally like the idea of limiting shops much, in my opinion you should at least be able to have a merchant and a regular store open at one time if you want to. I also feel that since gaining NX is already limited per account/IP per day (unless you are breaking the rules and risking a hefty ban + removal of NX once you are found out), you should be able to choose to spend that NX on whatever you like.

MerIot, Jeen and godys like this.
  12. UpdateDelay

UpdateDelay Well-Known Member

From this thread i see the player crying no slot for fm1 chn1 :D

13. Evan

Evan Donator

Guild:
    Resignation
    Don't forget, SC or not, the low shop life is because you don't need to sit there. If you want to dedicate one of your clients and a character to sit in the shop, it's only fair that the store lasts considerably longer.

14. Seb

Seb Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Nerd
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    I don't see the problem. It's been like this in the old source and now it's the same in the new source.
    I always open my store in ch9 fm3 while some other friends but it in like ch4 fm20. It doesn't matter where you put your store, since most of the people use Owl anyways. I can guarantee you that you'll sell just as much as any other player.

Chrille, Prideful, Johnny and 3 others like this.
  15. godys

godys Well-Known Member

Owl isn't used by "most" of the people, since it costs 2mil each (is it still that much after new source?)
    You'd not use it to search for common stuff, like wgs, scrolls, etc.
    People mostly use it for expensive stuff, such as pcg, scg, high cost scrolls like int , ws, cs...
    So if you only have random cheap stuff, on a random room and channel, it's unlikely that you will have
    people looking at your shop and finding something they would need.

16. Seb

Seb Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Nerd
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    Owls are 3m just like in old source. And yes i seriously use an Owl for everything. Me and lots of others are just to lazy to search every room for shitty scrolls or anything, so we use an Owl for everything.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
    Chrille, ShenDragon, Johnny and 6 others like this.
  17. godys

godys Well-Known Member

I've probably used owl only like 3~5 times in my royals life-time.
    Burning 3m to find ~1m discount in some random scrolls isn't worth it haha
    Only in case you need something rare, like 10% wand scrolls that are cheap but hardly seen in shops.

looty108 likes this.
  18. Mouthbreather

Mouthbreather Donator

Country Flag:
    Level:
    Guild:
    ???
    Neither is spending 5 minutes to look through shops for something worth 1mil. You can easily earn 3mil in 5 minutes by farming Ulu and npcing their drops.

Chrille, neverIucky, Prideful and 3 others like this.
  19. Aerith

Aerith Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Mitsuko
    Level:
    19x
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    Time is money and owls save time, I'll use an owl over browsing every FM any day.

Mrkaren, artRAVER, Chrille and 6 others like this.
  20. AhLiGaddo

AhLiGaddo Well-Known Member

Before the old source, we had ch1 and ch2 fm1~22 filled with Hired Merchants. Sometimes ch3 too. The free market was filled with Hired Merchant much more than this right now. And I don't remember any of us complained.

I think some of us are too used to having good fm spot from 1 or 2 month of personal shop experience. Fm is just going back what it used to be.

Besides we need big market right now when our economy is unstable.

Zenoooo likes this.