High GPU usage

Discussion in 'Tech Zone' started by bar155, Dec 3, 2020.

1. bar155

bar155 Well-Known Member

Hi, im using NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 and my GPU usage is very high (100% with 2-3 clients).
    Is it normal? can i lower the usage? and how?
    thank you very much, its very hard for my to multiclient since my computer stutterer when im trying to.
    Thank you for every comment and help <3

2. Baaaax

Baaaax Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Ralbert
    Level:
    The gt 1030 is an entry level dedicated card, this sounds about right as with a gtx 960 I can run about 4-5 clients before I hit some lag. (Lower all graphics settings in the client and run the 800x600 client, that'll be the only way to lower GPU usage)

lee loon likes this.
  3. bar155

bar155 Well-Known Member

alright thats might be it, i cant "tell" the computer to run the game with less usage?
    and can i download the 1060 client as well with the 800 one or i have to choose?

4. Baaaax

Baaaax Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Ralbert
    Level:
    Windows supports the use of multiple graphics controllers at the same time, so if you have an integrated chip like a HD 620, you may be able to use that to host a couple of clients then start another couple on your dedicated card (*edit* don't think it'll work on a laptop with one of those combo intel/nvidia power saving things, or it may only work for video decoding on a separate monitor and other non-gaming related things, haven't used it for anything had to go have more of a read)

Your bios has to have an option for you to enable that. integrated graphics device -> set to "always enable"

In regards to to the client, I keep my installations separate just incase there's something different with mr.dll, I haven't tried running the 1060 client with the 800s installation, as far as I'm aware with the T&Cs laid out as they are you should only use the files that come with the separate up-to date installations

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020