1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello, World

Discussion in 'Introductions and Farewells' started by MeerkatMiles, Dec 14, 2019.

1. MeerkatMiles

MeerkatMiles Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Meerkatsu
    Level:
    3x
    Hey all. I’ve been here before, but I wanted to come back with a fresh start, and a new way of playing. Previously I tried pretty hard to be optimal, always gain the most EXP/hour, have the HS mules running, and make maximum mesos. I feel like this has taken some fun out of the game for me.

Ultimately, MapleStory is a social game. I remember when I played GMS, the most fun I had was doing PQs with friends. I want to try to capture some of that magic again, and I hope Royals can do that for me.

My restrictions for myself, at least for now, is to only ever have a single client open, and only use one account - i.e. no muling. Additionally, when I play I want to emphasize trying to do group activities, whether it’s PQs, bosses, or just party training. Finally, no leeching - I’ll level all my characters myself! That should help save on money, anyway.

I think with those restrictions in place and my new mindset going in, the game will become much more fun that trying to be strictly “optimal”.

For now I’ll be starting with a Cleric, Meerkatsu, though I’m in no rush to level. I’m probably on the older side of Mapler demographics, with many commitments outside the game, so I don’t expect to be able to grind too much. I can’t stop the itch to just hop on and play every once in a while though. :)

See ya in game.
    -Miles

ginwolf, Erza and iEatEmoKids like this.