GM Intern Application!

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Jesseh, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Jesseh

Jesseh Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Sheria
    Level:
    Which position are you applying for?:
    [x]Game Master Intern
    [ ]Forum Moderator

Personal Details:

Name
    : Jess
    Are you over 18? (yes/no): Yes.
    Character Names: Sheria, Blazinghell, Azureskies, Glorybringer, Jumpguys & a few other characters I do not actively play at the moment.
    Do you have a Discord (yes/no): Yes.
    What time zone do you generally play in? EST.
    When did you join?: Late 2014.
    What do you like most about MapleRoyals?: The memories I've made here over the many years I've played Royals, and continue to make. People come and go, but this server is one I'm fond of because of how long it's been around.
    What do you like least about MapleRoyals? No longer having an FM button.
    Which languages do you speak and how well?: English (Fluent)
    What is your main focus in life?:To stay happy and healthy.
    How much time do you think you would commit to staff responsibilities if chosen? 3-5 hours a day.

Have you ever played any of the official MapleStory(s)?: Yes.
    Which one?: GMS for OG Maple. I tried Maplestory2 but did not actively play it.
    How long?: I played GMS for a handful of years, but I haven't played in awhile.
    Character name: I don't remember most of them, but Jesseh was one of my IGNs when I played.

Have you ever been assigned a Staff position on any private server game(s)?: No.
    List the game(s): N/A
    How long have you worked there?: N/A
    What do your duties entail? N/A
    Do you still work there? If no, why not? N/A

What skills or unique qualities will you be bringing with you to the MapleRoyals team?

I'm a friendly person and I think I get along with people easily, while being able to take a more serious approach to things if the situation calls for it. While I can be a straightforward person at times, I do my best to treat people kindly when it comes down to it.

I would love to help come up with or suggest ideas that help towards future events and future content down the road. Same with any future changes.

Having played Royals for some time, I know a thing or two and am sometimes able to help newer players out if they have any questions.

My organizational skills are good. I make a habit of writing down anything I know I'll need to remember later on, in a safe spot I can easily access.

Besides those listed above, what do you believe to be important qualities of a staff member?

Above all else, trustworthiness.

I think a staff member should be approachable and someone who is easy to talk to, while still maintaining an air of professionalism about them.

Lastly, consistency. Someone who puts a fair amount of into their work day by day doesn't go unnoticed.

Why do you want to work with us?

I genuinely believe the staff works hard and does so much for the server, which has been inspiring to me. I look at the shoutbox often enough and try to pitch in enough to know how hectic things get on a daily basis. I'm not always productive in game, so having GM duties to attend to would remedy that problem with offering something I'd be happy doing.

Have you ever been banned in game or on the forums before?

I've self banned myself twice, and been banned one time for account sharing. https://mapleroyals.com/forum/threads/cant-login.146449/

No forum warning points.

If you could change or add one rule to MapleRoyals what would that be?

Limiting anyone from picking up someone else’s drop as long as someone else has mapowner. I've seen a few instances where someone has walked onto someone's map and forget they’ve had pet loot items equipped and just bolt from the scene.

Do you have any real life commitments or responsibilities you feel are important to you and would like to tell us about? (Work, education, relationships, etc)

I currently do not have any commitments that would interfere with any GM duties.

Snay, Aestel, Johnny and 6 others like this.