1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GM Intern Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Flamdes, May 13, 2020.

1. Flamdes

Flamdes Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Camdream
    Level:
    Guild:
    Criminals
    Which position are you applying for?:
    [x]Game Master Intern
    [ ]Forum Moderator

Name: (Nickname:?)
    Mari
    Are you over 18? (yes/no): Yes
    Character Names: Candream, Tonkis, Flamdes, Aquatis
    Do you have a Discord (yes/no): Yes
    What time zone do you generally play in? US and EU timezones
    When did you join?: I have been on and off since the server started. I have been playing since august of last year steadily.
    What do you like most about MapleRoyals?: I like the fact that GM's are active and do events almost daily. I like many people play and the friendly community it has. I also like that it reminds me of the good old days when I was in Mardia in synergy and having a blast with people I have met in real life now and are real-life friends. I also like that there is an alternative quest for the Zakum jump quest. I have done it several times now. I also like how the community is involved in creating items for the game via contest.
    What do you like least about MapleRoyals? Honestly not much, just that sometimes I have a hard time getting on due to virus scans.
    Which languages do you speak and how well?: I speak, read, write in English, and Spanish Proficiently.
    What is your main focus in life?: To enjoy my life and be happy with what I do with my time!

Have you ever played any of the official MapleStory(s)?: Yes
    Which one?: GMS and EMS
    How long?: I started playing GMS just after Mardia was released as an official server.
    Character name: Flamdes, Trisel, Adorana, Adorani

Have you ever been assigned a Staff position on any private server game(s)?: Yes on several private servers. About 15 years of experience in Moderating and Administration and managing. Also on Toontown Rewritten.

List the game(s):WinterMS, MystoryMS, Toontown rewritten

How long have you worked there?: Just a few months each until they were shut down. Toontown I still work on and off.

What do your duties entail? The job requirement was to moderate the game make sure there were not botting or cheating. Responding to support tickets on websites or forums. Being involved with the community and creating contests or events at least twice a week or more if able to.

Do you still work there? If no, why not? When I started working full time I did cut back on the private servers and just played as part of the community to enjoy my time and the game. So as of right now I am not currently working with a private server.

What skills or unique qualities will you be bringing with you to the MapleRoyals team? I have a lot of moderating experience, I have extensive knowledge of Maplestory. I am good at helping new people and would bring a sense of family towards the community. I am able to take criticism and also communicate with fellow coworkers well. I would bring ideas for contests and or events. Mainly I would bring fun because that is what this is all about but also bring attention to wrongdoings.

Besides those listed above, what do you believe to be important qualities of a staff member? Being able to enjoy what you are doing. Structure, communication. Honesty and commitment.

Why do you want to work with us? I know a few members of staff already and I enjoy being a part of the Royals family, team, and community. I know I can be committed to working with royals to grow my experience in things I don't know and learn and partake in the job itself. I have enjoyed this server since it started and constantly bring people to the server if I can. I want to create fun for the community.

Have you ever been banned in game or on the forums before? I've not been banned before.

If you could change or add one rule to MapleRoyals what would that be? #stopmapselling! I think there should be a stricter rule on harassment. And also GM's should help those that DC due to the game that gets stuck at the end of PQ's like APQ person with the toe DC. I would have helped bring that person back into the map for them to finish the PQ. This happened to me in a party I was in and I asked for GM help everywhere and no one responded.

Do you have any real life commitments or responsibilities you feel are important to you and would like to tell us about? (Work, education, relationships, etc)
    I am currently jobless due to coronavirus and our state being completely closed. I have nothing else to do other than play maple with my son all day and we really enjoy our time. So I know I can be committed to Mapleroyals.

Gert, Coordinate and Hamburg like this.