GM APPLICATION

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by NoWash, Aug 24, 2021.

1. NoWash

NoWash Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    NoWashBandit
    Which position are you applying for?:
    [X ]Game Master Intern
    [ ]Forum Moderator

Personal Details:
    Name: Clyde/ nickname Begi
    Are you over 18? Yes 25
    Character Names: there's alot but Duccaneer/Poot/ Teefsfairy/ imabeginner
    Do you have a Discord : yes
    What server time do you generally play in? Currently a nolifer so like 10am PST to 2am PST x.x
    When did you join?: Started I think in 2017
    What do you like most about MapleRoyals?: This server is so good. The quality of life changes like giving permabeginners mounts while still keeping a mostly nostalgic feel is the exact trap I've needed to stay in this server for almost 5 years now. I love it and don't ever want to leave
    What do you like least about MapleRoyals? When people attack GMs for making changes to balance the game or aggressively tell Becca what prizes they "should" get from an event
    Which languages do you speak and how well?: English very well, Spanish not so well but enough to help run APQ with Spanish speaking players and communicate about apple drops
    What is your main focus in life?: Currently mapleroyals and growth honestly. Had a big relationship end and I've been blessed into a situation where I can do is on growth and spend my time playing royals.
    How much time do you think you would commit to staff responsibilities if chosen? Right now? All of it for the foreseeable future. I do plan on going back to school in the next year or two but right now I play royals probably 14 hours a day :)

Have you ever played any of the official MapleStory(s)?: Yes
    Which one?:I played GMS in pre pirate days, post pirate,big bang,and resistance then I stopped. Didn't like the dmg creep
    How long?: A good couple of years I don't remember when I stopped but I believe it was right after Kanna dropped
    Character name: the only one I remember was my first character ArcticFox007

Have you ever been assigned a Staff position on any private server game(s)?:no
    List the game(s):
    How long have you worked there?:
    What do your duties entail?
    Do you still work there? If no, why not?

What skills or unique qualities will you be bringing with you to the MapleRoyals team?
    Lots of experience in the server, I love to look into weird stuff people mainly don't care about. Currently trying to test done on a morningstar vs a golden smith hammer on my white knight. I'm looking to go to college again to study coding and maybe someday help joong with coding as that's been a dream of mine since starting this server

Besides those listed above, what do you believe to be important qualities of a staff member?
    From what I've heard it's alot of ban apeals. Which I spend a good bit of my free time reading and keeping a level head and being patient is important from what I've seen.

Why do you want to work with us?
    3 main reasons: the priority being I want to update the dinosaur we call a library. It's old as dirt, people keep asking for updates, and I use it multiple times a day, it seems like there just maybe isn't enough people to work on it as your always busy with other issues? But I'm willing to tackle that beast. Second is I love reading ban appeals so I am more then willing to help there. Third is my dream of possibly someday helping fix coding stuff as coding is something I've started learning and want to get better at. Long term goals are important. Honorable mention would be to try and add language packs in as I've seen alot of non English speakers struggle with the well behaved child quest and kpq as well due to the game being all English.

Have you ever been banned in game or on the forums before? No

If you could change or add one rule to MapleRoyals what would that be?

Can't think of a rule I'd want to add honestly.

Do you have any real life commitments or responsibilities you feel are important to you and would like to tell us about? (Work, education, relationships, etc) not currently just maple