1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Noobaholic, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Noobaholic

Noobaholic Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Noobaholic
    Level:
    Which position are you applying for?:
    [ ]Game Master Intern
    [x]Forum Moderator

Personal Details:
    Name: Andy
    Sex: M
    Character Name: Noobaholic
    Do you have a Discord (yes/no): yes
    Time zone: PST
    When did you join?: June 2018
    What do you like most about MapleRoyals?: Forums. Active, interesting and never ceases to disappoint (especially the ban appeals). And Gach ^.^
    Which languages do you speak and how well?: Only English. Spoken everyday and a must for my occupation.
    What is your main focus in life?: Buy a house to build a foundation for the rest of my life.
    Do you have any prior work experience in real life? If so, where?: Yes, various places where accuracy and communications must be used all the time.
    How many hours a week do you work?: ~40
    Are you in any form of education?: Only highshool. Did not pursue post secondary (yet) due to personal reasons
    Do you have a spouse or any kids?: no
    Do you have any other commitments?: Just the day job

Have you ever played any of the official MapleStory(s)?: yes
    Which one?: Good old GMS before big bang
    How long?: On and off ~5 years (during adolescence)
    Character name: forgot

Have you ever been assigned a Staff position on any private server game(s)?: no
    List the game(s):
    How long have you worked there?:
    What do your duties entail?
    Do you still work there? If no, why not?

Are you more comfortable working alone or on a team? alone.

What skills or unique qualities will you be bringing with you to the Royals team?

My overall characteristics and occupational skills. My occupation is compliance and consumer relations. I am responsible for the company I work for to adhere to all regulations applicable to us and also ensure relationships between all parties remain positive. The majority of the work has to be accurate and precise. Problem solving is key.

Love to learn everyday, especially for things I am interested in.

Besides those listed above, what do you believe to be important qualities of a Game Master?

Impartial, respectful, knowledgeable and most importantly, firm but fair.

Why do you want to work with us?:

I view the forums almost daily, since I can also browse forums during work times. Over the months, I had seen various instances where no responses from a Mod were given in a fair time frame and in general actions needed to be made to assist and/or deter ongoing problems. In general, I just want to assist in minor cases, cleaning up forums and helping those who ask whenever I am online. Cutting marginal workload for other Mods.

To be honest, I do not think I will make it far in the process of becoming a Forums Mod compared to the rest of the applications. But I would like to see if I have any chance, bat an eye, or just get ignored :)

Mrkaren likes this.