1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extremely Late Introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions and Farewells' started by Succubus, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Succubus

Succubus Donator

IGN:
    Succubus
    Guild:
    Design
    Hi everyone, my name is Andy.

For seven months, I've kept my real name (and gender) hidden from most of the Royals community. It's time that changed.

When I first joined MapleRoyals, I expected to play a few days to relive the nostalgia and get bored soon after. However, soon after I found myself wanting to get involved by doing absolutely everything possible to make sure every player enjoys their time on the server. I spent hours every single day trying to answer every question new players asked and worked my ass off (excuse the language), to convince players who felt mistreated that resorting to breaking the rules or taking advantage of others wasn't the answer.

In the past, I was banned twice for botting and while there is no visible proof on the forums, I'm not going to deny it never happened. I believe anyone who decides to support me in what I do should be informed of my past. As you can see, I also lied about who I was to my friends and guildmates, and no excuse justifies the fact that I was wrong in doing so. I betrayed the people who put their trust in me and am here to make up for it.

During the first week I started playing on this server, I was fortunate enough to attend an event hosted by GM Aly and actually win my first chair. I couldn't believe how hard it was to earn event items, but the chair wasn't the reason I was so excited. It was the well-rounded staff that impressed me to the point where I needed to have a signed chair by every one of them. It's kind of silly, but the collection was my way of getting inspiration and the drive to make Royals a more friendly place, even though it's just a game.

I spent the rest of my time helping my friends farm for items, chilling with new players on plug.dj, and even tried making guides for the first time. I never once used my fake persona to trick people into giving me things for free or helping me level. Eventually, I was pressured into applying for a staff position daily, which I sort of knew may not have worked out due to my ban history, but tried anyways. I became overwhelmed by all the things I got involved in that I decided to ask Manny to found Radio with me. We built the guild together in hopes to give MapleRoyals a better image (not that it was even needed), and to make friends who ended up working as a family rather than just friends.

Later on, I ended up being too trustworthy in a player and lost my equips trying to help her level faster. It was painful to see someone who took advantage of my generosity walk around like nothing happened. I spent hours upon hours farming items while leeching other players for free because I felt it was wrong to charge for something I benefited from. While devastated, I deleted my level 200 bishop thinking all the effort I put into helping people was a waste of time, but now realize it wasn't true.

To those who are still hurt by my actions, please understand it wasn't personal. I initially planned on telling people one by one, but got caught up with school so I took a break. When I read about youknowwho, I also felt that by posting on the forums, it would just make people re-live that scenario again, but I've decided it doesn't matter. I'm not that person. I was never in it for the fame or the self-satisfaction of accomplishing what regular players dream of. I want to make it right if you'd give me the chance, but have no regrets if you want to ignore me. After countless hours of contemplating whether or not I should stay, I've decided to try and restart with the hopes that I can restore the broken bonds. Hopefully we can work together and not let the community suffer from my past actions.

To everyone else, I probably won't be playing in-game often so feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat on Skype once in a while. I'd be glad to help with anything you need unless it's Physics homework because ew. I would also definitely appreciate the help getting me back to being capable of contributing more to the server though.

Gags, Aly, Rob and 11 others like this.
  2. Kobato

Kobato Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Kobato
    Level:
    18x
    Guild:
    Shade/Pixel
    Didn't know you too much beside through troy\kawaiiheals and your character in shade emergency but you seemed like a decent person glad to see you're slowly coming back

Dandelion likes this.
  3. Michael

Michael Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    17step
    Guild:
    Heroes
    Personal or not, you've done things that people here haven't gotten over yet. You've been dishonest about more than just your identity, and I want to make that known to everyone, because I think that if you're going to return here, you should be honest about everything you've done. You lost my trust and my respect, most likely forever, because of the things you've done, but I can only speak for myself. I'm not going to tell those stories though, that's not my place... you will, whenever you're ready.

I also suggest that if you are going to ask for help getting back to the place that you can "contribute to the server" as you say you want to, you prove that you deserve it first. There's a reason that you don't have all of your old stuff back, and it's not because you lied about your name nor your gender.

Welcome back to the community. I hope this time around goes better than the last.

Unknown, John, Jeen and 8 others like this.
  4. ImCanadian

ImCanadian Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ImCanadian
    Level:
    Guild:
    Boobs
    I'm sorry, but shouldn't you be permanently banned?
    "Engage in robot play (i.e., "botting") or any other behavior that allows you (or any character you are controlling) to automatically function or effect any action in a game with or without your presence; Punishment: 1st offence - 7 day ban, 2nd offence - permanent ban"

Unknown, Catlaunch, Hampa and 6 others like this.
  5. Succubus

Succubus Donator

IGN:
    Succubus
    Guild:
    Design
    Thank you Michael. I would have disclosed the rest of the information in my original post, but it was something I believed should be spoken about privately with each individual involved. If granted permission, I would also like to share the details as well. I'll do whatever it takes to earn your respect back. Trust, however, will be a topic for another day.

This is something I'm not sure I should discuss, but am open to it if it's okay with the staff.

Aly likes this.
  6. Enticing

Enticing Donator

I can only wish you the best of luck in your return to Royals.

Plenty and PalmTree like this.
  7. Katsuruka

Katsuruka Donator

Explanation of staff policy in this - and another - case will follow shortly! It was discussed at great length in staff chat at the time and so we're trying to sum it up as clearly and simply as possible. =)

EDIT: I'll explain this as simply and concisely as possible.

When calculating the length of someone's ban, it sometimes happens that we accidentally miss the fact that they have previously banned for the same offence, particularly if they were previously banned on a different character/account.

We discussed whether or not it was fair to correct our oversight several months later, and the majority consensus was that it wasn't fair, as we were the ones at fault here.

We decided on a policy that if the most recent offence was over a month prior to us noticing our error, we would not retroactively implement the correct ban length (unless, of course, they subsequently committed yet another offence in the same category, as was the case with one player).

Please note that this ONLY applies to us wrongly calculating the number of offences a player has committed, and in situations where the evidence was readily available to us. It does not apply to offences which are discovered later because the player in question was deliberately avoiding detection.

This, of course, is unlikely to apply in the new source, as bans will be logged in a much better way there!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
    Eika, Andreas, KenE and 2 others like this.
  8. Katsuruka

Katsuruka Donator

Post updated! ^^^^^^^ (Sorry, no way to avoid double posting here!)

Succubus likes this.
  9. Nicko

Nicko Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Himeragi
    Level:
    Guild:
    Honour
    That didn't last long hahalolz

Attached Files:

Plenty, ReconKatana and Jeen like this.
  10. ImCanadian

ImCanadian Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ImCanadian
    Level:
    Guild:
    Boobs
    Didn't the exact same thing happen to cheesecake? He got permanently banned. This really doesn't make sense to me.

Sh0oK, Highrises, Raony and 3 others like this.
  11. Katsuruka

Katsuruka Donator

No, Cheesecake's bannable behaviour was ongoing AFTER the 3 bans you all know about.

Andreas likes this.
  12. nickkmurks

nickkmurks Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    murker
    Level:
    16x
    Guild:
    Solo
    andy

a ndy

ndy

n

nikki

all better. wb

Vaxy, Spooky Business and PalmTree like this.
  13. Succubus

Succubus Donator

IGN:
    Succubus
    Guild:
    Design
    I'd also like to add that I came to a staff member myself as soon as I realized it had happened, knowing that it could have meant the end of my days playing with everyone.

[​IMG]
    Yeah.. It's not the easiest thing to track down everyone you've ever talked to before.

Anyways, in regards to Mike's previous post, I'm just going to try and describe everything I can possibly think of that I didn't mention in my original post. I'm omitting the names just in case though.

I was really close to this one person who I know would rather see me under the ground at this point, but haven't given up completely. We basically talked every day up until I disappeared. I would go as far as to say there wasn't anything I wouldn't have done for the person, but just couldn't tell the truth to because I was so set on keeping my secret. It started with our first guild and him calling me teapot nonstop, which really?.. We then moved onto Radio together and everything got complicated, but I personally thought it was worth it because we worked as a team.

Another person who was involved, ended up being the first person I've ever told. It took me much longer than it should've to tell everyone and I shouldn't have made you keep the secret, but in the end it was probably for the best that I came clean. Honestly, I don't deserve your forgiveness and am thankful you let me talk to you even once. I never meant to suggest you were to blame for anything and have tried to convince anyone who may have thought that it was my intention to do so that it wasn't true.

To the one who I haven't had the chance to speak to in the past few months, I should've been the one to tell you first. I wanted you to know that I meant every word I wrote. If you truly want nothing to do with me I can respect that, but know that I had already started telling people my secret a while before returning to the MapleRoyals forum. I was trying to ease people into the idea because I know how hard it is sometimes for people, including myself, to receive harsh news like this.

Manny, I don't know if you'd believe this, but during finals week I was actually going to Skype call you for the first time since you wanted it so much. I'm still up for it whenever you want though. Not really sure if I did anything personally wrong to you other than keeping my secret, but I'd like to wish you and the rest of Radio well. I won't be returning to the guild as I'm sure it would only cause tension among us all anyways.

The last two topics I wanted to touch up on was my application for GM which I'm sure many of you are aware of. I would have preferred an interview rather than the thread, but I know it's probably just a formality that the staff has its members do. I want to make it clear that there was absolutely no way I would ever keep my secret from the staff had I been accepted. Because the staff application section isn't a privately viewed subforum (which I think should be changed for privacy purposes), I really didn't have a choice at the time. Last, but not least, I got too close to a few of the girls I met on Royals. I misused the fake persona and flirted with them and whether or not it was a joke, I'm sorry for it. Most of you who forgave me for it and/or don't really care, I'd still like to say it was childish of me to pull something stupid like that.

I think that's everything I missed in my initial post. I apologize if I'm missing anything important, but it's been a LONG month and everyone's reactions have been taking a toll on me.

Aly likes this.
  14. Nessi

Nessi Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    LuckyLook
    Level:
    Guild:
    #Fryslan
  15. ImCanadian

ImCanadian Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ImCanadian
    Level:
    Guild:
    Boobs
    I hate to do this on an introduction thread. But I don't know where else I would post it. Can you please tell me what Ray did after the the third ban. From what I can recall, he got his act together because he didnt want to get permanently banned. He started to go low profile. Basically stopped smegaing.

Plenty and Raony like this.
  16. Raony

Raony Donator

Country Flag:
    Wow, I'm shocked. Lying about your gender and name that's so..... Uhhhhh, Ridiculous? I couldn't find a better word, sorry. I'm glad I have never met or trusted you before.

Goku, StrickBan, Catlaunch and 4 others like this.
  17. Katsuruka

Katsuruka Donator

You can ask but I'm not prepared to answer. There was a very good reason why we did not disclose this information at the time and so I'm not prepared to disclose it now. All I will say is that nothing underhanded or biased went on re: us banning Ray permanently. He reaped the consequences of his own actions.

18. ImCanadian

ImCanadian Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ImCanadian
    Level:
    Guild:
    Boobs
    I don't know, this case seems like a great example of GM bias. It was pretty clear that the staff disliked Ray, did he deserve those feelings, yeah probably. He was permanently banned. It's pretty clear to me at least, that the staff like succubus. He was not banned. There was even a point in time where the staff was mocking Ray in the "Favorite memory of Cheesecake" thread.

I really hope that the "offence" you are talking about isn't the incident between Ray and Wintercure at Zakum. Because if it is, then I completely understand why you guys are keeping that information disclosed. I may be overreacting here, but that would probably lead to a mini uproar from a few people in the community.

I personally think that this "policy" was made to cater to a person who, for a lack of better words, sucks up to the staff. If I have anything else to say, I will probably end up just making a separate thread. It was not my intention to spam an introductory thread.

StrickBan, workteam, Jeen and 2 others like this.
  19. John

John Donator

This thread is regarding the character Succubus reintroducing themselves to the community. Any further off topic discussion will be deleted and the poster warned.

Any questions about other people is the business of staff and that person only.

Geox, PalmTree, nickkmurks and 2 others like this.
  20. mkn

mkn Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Hefty
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ideal
    This seems awfully familiar..