Do leechers deserve to be sacked?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Minjo, May 21, 2020.

?

Do leechers deserve to be monster sacked?

1. Yes

55 vote(s)
    29.6%
  2. No

131 vote(s)
    70.4%
  1. Pedro Oliveira

Pedro Oliveira Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    my post was kinda messy as I dont have much time lately to search the forums on laptop but what I'm trying to say is; you either remove sacks or fix the god damn leech system ahahhahah. If you remove sacks - you kinda lose that nostalgic feeling on droping those bad boys to kill kerning city noobs, I mean, how do you fix this issue? you can't just ban people for that since the motives to drop and use sacks are dirty anyway -> do I deserve to ~~quoeting someone~ 'be a dick' if I decide to kill kerning city noobs? Sure.
    It really doesnt make any difference to kill people that pay for a leech service than a kerning city player waiting hours to join a pq.

Bro this is fucked to deal but I think my POV is - not the perfect- ideal approach, for now.

not the point, but justifying the need of sellling leech service on the server saying thats the only incentive for people to play a mage makes me want to agree with you. However, thats just one of the main problems of the server that can be solve with some policies and changes XD that has nothing to do with sacks.

2. Kalookakoo

Kalookakoo Donator

Country Flag:
    If you don't have mapowner, you should not be allowed to summon mobs and alter/affect the map. Simple as that.

absolian likes this.
  3. absolian

absolian Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    HolyAbsolian
    Level:
    ⓵⓹⓼
    no one said remove sack or alter the item itself in any way.
    just alter your behavior and don't be a dick and harass people on their maps.

and again we can apply your logic to service other than leech.
    all player made service can be interfere in one "legit" way or another.
    but as you know they all against the rules! and some will consider scam or harassment.

ill give you few examples
    1: i see someone buy fame service in game or forum. (ᶦᵐ ᵐᶦˢᵉʳᵃᵇˡᵉ ᵃˢˢʰᵒˡᵉ ʷʰᵒ ᶜᵃⁿᵗ ˢᵗᵃⁿᵈ ᵗʰᵉ ᶠᵃᶜᵗ ᵖᵉᵒᵖˡᵉ ʲᵘˢᵗ ᵇᵘʸ ᶠᵃᵐᵉ), so i will create 50, level's 15 and defame back the buyer ruin his paid service. (this is harassment and result in ban)
    2: ill "buy" books, pendants, rings and attack the boss first in order to own the map and loot everytihng since its my map and im "part of the party" (this is harassment and mapowner violation and result in ban)
    there are far more but i should be careful not give you people ideas.

last night 400 sacks were open in kerning in ch 11.
    smegma people to come and witness the massacre.
    first it was in town so if someone died its like 1% exp lost.
    second it was announced on smegma so people will know come or leave.
    and it was ok and in fun spirit.

again, there is time and place for such things.
    if you not map owner, you not allowed to kill, spawn or loot anything. simple as that!

if you dont agree with leech, dont buy them, if you that bothered by it, make a feedback or general disscation and make your point in order to find real solution.
    dont think you can harras your way to change.
    state of mages on the server and their role is entire diffrent topic.

4. Wonderstruck

Wonderstruck Well-Known Member

Hihi this thread is having an intense discussion.

Can I just say, people who buy leech will likely say no to sacking, and people who don't will probably say yes.

Of course there are some who will say otherwise. But it seems to me most of us are actually leeching :X~f2

5. absolian

absolian Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    HolyAbsolian
    Level:
    ⓵⓹⓼
    i dont sell leech anymore and got to a point i can leech my on my own from 8-135+
    so its not really effect me derectly.

the act itself is vile and against the rules of map ownership and clear harassment.
    67% against and 32% in favor. just glad to see reflection of good community cost their vote and speack their voice against such awful acts

6. nosebleed

nosebleed Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I disagree that it is harassment, but I agree that it is against the (utterly absurd and pussified) map owner rules.

That said, if somebody summoning virtual monsters inside of a map filled with virtual monsters genuinely bothers you to the point of rage spamming incomprehensibly on the forums, maybe you should grow a sack of your own and summon some masculinity upon yourself.

7. Kalookakoo

Kalookakoo Donator

Country Flag:
    I don't know anyone who likes their time wasted. It takes time to get mesos to buy leech, and time to sell/receive leech. You don't understand why people get pissed off when others go out of their way just to waste people's time?

Fatlip likes this.
  8. nosebleed

nosebleed Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I go AFK inside of a training map with mobs in it and die, that's on me. Personal responsibility.

9. DayHime

DayHime Donator

Calling someone a dick isnt sexist lmfao

10. bacondagger

bacondagger Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    SuperBacons
    Level:
    Guild:
    Senpais
    Honestly, I'd like to see stronger monster sacks in the game so higher level people can die ;).
    But staying on topic, it's ~mapowner. Mapowner rules practically say: anything that disrupts the mapowner's gaming experience in that map is a bannable offence (yes, even TALKING to them). I don't see why this is such a lengthy discussion with slander being thrown around. The rules are set in stone, why is this so hard to understand? There are no exceptions. Rules are rules. Don't sack maps that are owned!

11. Lime

Lime Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Lol, the majority of this server is full of leechers of course they're going to disagree with you. Do they deserve to be sacked? Maybe if they didn't earn the meso for the service. #fuckLeeching

12. LP013

LP013 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Abilify
    Level:
    Best place to sack IMO stays at the LPQ or KPQ sections! :3 That memories of all those dead people i could see :p

13. Soggy Nerps

Soggy Nerps Donator

IGN:
    Soggy Nerps
    Played this game many years back. Took a few year hiatus moving around a lot and starting a new life to come back after 3 years being gone. I hated leeching as it was 3-4 years ago, to come back and see that it’s only more prevelant I find that the culture has shifted. 4-5 years ago leeching was just laziness, however times progressed and has become a culture behind HP washing.

That being said, I don’t see the need to push back against leeching. They found the maps first and they did that fair and square, regardless of leech if they were all grinding it would be the same cause. People would flood those maps and you still would run into that problem. Leeching isn’t the problem there it’s simply population, which isn’t a problem at all. I don’t think sacking them should be bannable, it’s funny and sorry you got mad and died but that’s literally the whole Point. Sorry you paid for leech and someone came along and trolled you, he got a laugh and moved on, serial sacking with malice intent however is a negative energy that’s not necessary for the community.

Just to add on, I haven’t washed, I’ve grinded my own characters, and I have no regrets. Leeching and HP washing drives the economy and end game bossing culture in Maple Royals, but as new bosses have been added where it becomes absolutely necessary to be washed for a BM, NL, Sair... I only hope that late game alternatives will be added, or non-monetized, grind oriented HP boost options will be added for those who do not want to HP wash like me, because I enjoy levels 1-135 as much 135-200 and don’t want to lose that.

LP013 likes this.
  14. Lime

Lime Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Only alternative added was the abysmal HP wash quest repeatable only five times to get a whole whopping 500 HP.
    Like you mentioned before, it's the culture and status quo. Been like that forever and it won't change.

15. TedZeppelin

TedZeppelin Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    EdZeppelin
    Level:
    Guild:
    Candystore
    Incorrect, I use my mage exclusively for farming, I've never sold a single minute of leech, if I do leech it's given for free because I'm already farming. I know it's anecdotal, but many would still play mage for farming purposes

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
    ginwolf and bacondagger like this.
  16. sparky95

sparky95 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shakiras
    Level:
    Guild:
    NewPlanet
    Can second this. Never sold a single minute of leech for the past 4 years.

Lime likes this.
  17. Lime

Lime Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    I already reported it to staff but they said it's blacklist-worthy behavior. I replied saying that it wasn't just me getting defamed. No reply yet but the thread is closed so I'm not holding my breath.

You don't know how much that means to me. Much respect.

18. Soggy Nerps

Soggy Nerps Donator

IGN:
    Soggy Nerps
    Was aware of this, but I doubt that it won't ever change further. I woudn't expect to be able to get 30k w.out washing, but at least a 9-10k around 175 to be able to HT w. no HB and toad w. it. I don't mind leech or washing, but I don't like the get on-board or gtfo mentality of some players. It's nonproductive and noninclusive.

19. iEatEmoKids

iEatEmoKids Donator

For the record, they also buffed the amount of HP non-mage classes get on job advancement.

20. Becca

Becca GM Intern

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Becca
    Level:
    xx
    Guild:
    Staff
    I'm not a fan of the leech meta either, however this server has been live for seven years (oh yes, I'm bringing back the seven years speech again :oops: buckle up) and when you've been around for seven years there is a lot to factor in. Unfortunately, Leeching is just a meta you can't really fix. Most, if not all, old MMORPG games have the same issue-- min/maxing your rewards for minimal effort.
    You see it with games as old as dirt such as Runescape, WoW, Diablo, etc.

I've voiced my opinion here previously, and I will do it again-- Sacking people who have spent their hard earned mesos to afford a leech, and making them lose 10% exp when they die is in fact a dick move.
    In my personal opinion it should be blacklist-able if you are caught. And if you are are a repeat offender, you should be punished accordingly under this rule:
    Because effectively, you are disrupting other player's gameplay by going around and doing that.

If you cannot figure out why this is a dick move, then you are part of the problem.

-The buyer paid split/solo (For Petri alone that is 70/140m) and you are wasting their time, mesos, and the seller's effort.
    -You are purposely looking to disrupt other player's gaming experience.
    -Players lose 10% of exp when you die. Depending on your level that can take anywhere from 5-15 minutes of leeching.
    -Wasting the seller's time, and putting them in a situation nobody wants to be in (reimbursing the 5-15min leech for free, or not doing anything about it.)

You can disagree with selling leech all you want, that is your opinion. However, when you start to act upon it in a spiteful way, ruining the gameplay for two other people (or however many more you decide to sack) then it really shows your true personality and how much of an asshole you are, if you are willing to purposely go out of your way to ruin somebody's gaming experience all because you dislike what they are doing.

"Oh but all of the maps are taken and I want this map"
    Do you go around pushing children off of public park swings, because it was all full? Do you realize how ridiculous you sound when you say you wanted something and it was taken, so you go ahead and take it by force?

"I hate leeching with a passion #FuckLeech"
    That's fantastic that you are voicing your opinion, and I'm proud of you for standing up for something that you strongly believe in. However going around and punishing other's is not the correct way to go about it. You just create another toxic environment (this thread definitely highlights some people's personalities..)

I've taught children in Daycare who grasp the concept of sharing, having patience, and waiting for their turn with things. I don't understand why you have to resort to "but I want it now, and it's all full" to justify what you are doing.

You have other options to choose from.
    For example, I'm down for sacking KPQ, LPQ, doing a random smega "I'm giving away X in ch1 Ellinia Department store!" and the suddenly all of the low levels are insta dead once they go through the portal. That's funny, in a bantering kind of way. It's harmless trolling, because a) sacking KPQ and LPQ is quite hilarious, and it's expected, and b) the baiting smegas are already suspicious, so if they choose to go out of their way to try it for themselves and they're met with death-- it's essentially their own fault for wanting to go in and see :oops:
    However, purposely going to popular leeching spots and ruining the buyers time and mesos, is a dick move.

It's all about the context, and how the summoning sacks are used.

Tect, bacondagger, Virgo and 2 others like this.