Do leechers deserve to be sacked?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Minjo, May 21, 2020.

?

Do leechers deserve to be monster sacked?

1. Yes

59 vote(s)
    30.9%
  2. No

132 vote(s)
    69.1%
  1. Dabsta

Dabsta Well-Known Member

Leech sellers are pretty powerful, not that you need to be,anyway

2. KingofAesthetics

KingofAesthetics Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ZakDaBandit
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tinder
    That is a ridiculous comparison, chat is used for communication. We control what we say, if there is offensive language then that is on the player who decided to use it. Summoning sacks on the other hand, are used for one purpose...to disrupt players. Again, if it is bannable then why even have them in the game? I think if players go afk while leeching, it is on them. Work for levels yourself or risk #antileechmovement.

Yes, I agree players are in control of however they want to play the game... so why ruin someone's experience if they want to use a summoning sack on someone who is afking for 6 hours in a map. Six players have an opportunity to grind in a map as a party (like old gms) that is instead being occupied by ignorant leechers.

I'm just saying...

Until I see the message "This item cannot be used in your current location" I believe this should be a non bannable offence. If the player is able to use an item, then that is not on the player...but instead game mechanics. No game mods, no illegal clients, just simple monster summoning :).

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2020
    halfwaysleet and Dabsta like this.
  3. Becca

Becca GM Intern

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Becca
    Level:
    xx
    Guild:
    Staff
    If they are afk then take the mapowner? If they are getting leeched then leave them alone and find another map? I don’t understand your argument here, I’m sorry. ~f12

Edit: we can never be like old gms because this version of the game has been around for nearly a decade and people know what’s the most efficient way to play. Back then, nobody knew what they were doing so everyone was all over the place.

It’s like playing a childhood game for the first time, versus the 100th time.
    First time you play it, you’re still learning how to play.
    100th time you play it, you’re looking for the quickest way possible, or the best earliest weapon possible.

Last edited: May 24, 2020
    Shiratsuyu likes this.
  4. Shiratsuyu

Shiratsuyu Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shiratsuyu
    Level:
    Guild:
    Kemono
    And we control how we use sacks. Using sacks is not bannable in and of itself. It's how you use them. There are multiple ways to use them.
    You're the one that seem to think using sacks is always a bannable offense no matter the context.

Another thing to take into consideration:

You are not allowed to disrupt the owner of a map in any way, whether that be with sacks or in any other ways. You have to ask the map owner for permission to loot, kill mobs, or anything else really, aside from just passing through the map, asking something or afking there. You are also not allowed to do anything disruptive at all. You should get permission from the mapowner to sack. Since no one wants their clients getting killed, that's very unlikely to happen. If do you any of the aforementioned things and the mapowner asks you to stop, you have to obey or you can get banned.

Towns, though, do not have ownership. I dont think you should be excessive in towns either, like sacking every channel or stalking other players and killing them over and over again, but just some innocent trolling is fine, since towns are free for all. If you wanna afk safely, go to the lounge or FM.

bacondagger and CerealnOats like this.
  5. Luxanna

Luxanna Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shoebox
    Level:
    Guild:
    N/A
    I do think it's a little ridiculous that leechers are being considered a bit of a protected class in this thread simply due to the economic transaction of it. You are responsible for your own character while in game. There is risk every time you walk away from your keyboard while logged in. That is a risk you take when you decide not to play the game you signed up for and get someone else to do it for you. Why should dangerous high level maps be excluded from this? Why are those specifically engaged in a transaction protected?

Either all sacking is bannable (and therefore sacks should be removed), or sacks are used as intended...to troll. No protecting certain maps or certain situations. Either it's disruptive or its not.

6. YesPlease

YesPlease Well-Known Member

yes and no. when i'm selling or buying leech no. yes to any other occasions.>:D

7. Goji

Goji Well-Known Member

Level:
    Hello, I agree with you.
    Leeching isn't part of the core of Maplestory, its a practice we as players made up. Its a player-to-player service after all so it shouldn't get any special treatment over other in-game activities or p2p services. I agree killing a player in a seemingly safe area is disruptive but from what I'm reading, some of you feel it isn't disruptive when you kill a level 35 peacefully walking around Henesys but it is when they're afk buying leech? Why? You're literally doing the same in both scenarios. Consequences are always bad for the one getting killed unexpectedly so we either ban it altogether or allow it.

If we choose to make it a bannable offence and you don't want to lose its utility (summoning mobs you need to kill yourself rather than summoning to kill someone else), just limit their use to a map (or few maps) for people to do their killing and make sacks unusable everywhere else.

MrMarist, Luxanna and Dabsta like this.
  8. CerealnOats

CerealnOats Well-Known Member

IGN:
    xTeacup
    Let's put this in simple terms. I'll assume all of you understand how ~mapowner works.

Map owner doesn't give you permission to loot their stuff.
    You looting = ban

Map owner doesn't want you to kill their mob.
    You kill anything = ban

Map owner wants you to fuck off their map.
    You stay = ban

You disrupting map owners' leech activities by summoning mobs without their permission.
    Guess what? B A N.

Shocker I know.

Seriously, just stop trying to sound smart saying things like leechers get special protection because the truth is ya'll sound hella dumb when you can't even understand how sacking leeches are considered disruptive behavior.

Fatlip, FieryPhoenix, Hampa and 8 others like this.
  9. XTC

XTC Donator

Country Flag:
    Guild:
    --
    the thing is, some of you are saying sacks are used for trolling/disrupting people...actually who is to say thats what theyre for? just because YOU have chosen to use sacks as a means to troll and disrupt people, that doesn't necessarily mean that's the correct way to use them. Anyways i was gonna type more but realized @Shiratsuyu basically said everything i was thinking ^^ so ill leave it at that. For those showing their true self, thanks :)

10. THEBIGDAWG101

THEBIGDAWG101 Member

What constitutes disruptive behaviour? Where's the fine line between what's considered disruptive or not? Even that is a super grey area. Apparently it's not excessively disruptive if used in a town because you only lose 1% compared to 10% elsewhere. But doesnt Minjo's argument have any validity when he says leeching is disruptive if he can't find a map? If I ran multiclient and a few other friends did the same, we could potentially get a monopoly on all channels for a leeching map and then occasionally hit the monsters to claim mapowner. Would that not be disruptive? And if someone wanted to grind the map on their own, I'd tell them to cough up 30m or else im reporting. Or I could spin it around and say that my intentions are not to be disruptive, but instead, just a means to make money. But if P2P services like leeching is a special exception, wouldn't this be too? Why not just add an identical mini dungeon map where leechers and sellers can do their own thing, and they won't interfere with people who actually want to grind the map?

Dabsta likes this.
  11. UrbanJuggernaut

UrbanJuggernaut Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Swoll
    Level:
    19x
    Guild:
    Resignation
    I don't see how this isn't an open and shut case with ~mapowner. If somebody owns a map, you can't attack/loot/otherwise disrupt that player or their map. If you sack an owned map, you are disrupting that player in the same way kill or loot stealing disrupts them, and should carry the same penalty. I guess if theres people afk in your map when you have owner you can sack them if thats what makes you happy, but you should probably do some self evaluation at that point.

Ya'll could have had your own mages in the time you've been crying about leechers and sacking buyers lol.

Hampa, iEatEmoKids, ginwolf and 3 others like this.
  12. Becca

Becca GM Intern

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Becca
    Level:
    xx
    Guild:
    Staff
    I get the hate when it comes to Leeching, I really do. But if you are purposely going out of your way to target those individuals then isn't it the same thing as harassment?
    You're purposely targeting those people and disrupting their gameplay. They worked hard to earn their mesos that they use to pay for the leech, and then you come along and kill them while they are doing something else irl, making them lose time, EXP, and mesos.
    How is that hard to understand?

~Mapowner is there for a reason. Maybe he should dedicate more time if he desperately wants a map for whatever reason he's claiming to want one for, instead of disrupting two/three people's gameplay. (split leech + seller)
    I was giving an example of the EXP loss differences because 10% is a lot when you are a higher level compared to losing 1%.
    When people afk in town (I should know, I did it all the time and got sacked on Madori) they already know the risk of afking in town, when you are buying a leech there shouldn't be any risk at all to get sacked.

In the same breath, if we are banning people for harassment and ksing others, and looting their drops when they don't have mapowner, then how come we can't ban those who are purposely sacking others when they don't have mapowner either?

Yes, it would. And we already know how to tell who's hogging the maps to use it for that kind of intent and we've stepped in before (Ex: Heartstopper farming, and Dodo.) to put a stop to it.
    The difference here is the leechers are all different people, you're trying to use an example of one person (or a couple of friends) to hog all 20 channels which isn't possible when you are leeching. You can't just leech someone for the full hour while hogging maps on another account, you'd have to keep up with the spawns / ulting / tc as well as cc on the other account and manage everything orderly without having your buyer complain that you're being too slow. It's physically not possible and I don't see how you're relating to multiple different people selling a service and comparing it to getting out mules and hogging maps.
    The difference is that would be one person hogging maps, compared to 20 different individuals leeching at the same time.
    We aren't adding in mini dungeons because of the hackers, it's possible we might add them in once we deal with that issue first. But for now, you can thank them for that decision.

13. Vector Ho

Vector Ho Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    VectorNL
    Level:
    Guild:
    Annexus
    Just hang in the rope and you will be safe while leeching (except when Aliens and Brand New Monster Gallore sacks are used lol).

CodE likes this.
  14. Ayane

Ayane Well-Known Member

IGN:
    KittenPaw
    Level:
    Guild:
    Crew
    Sacks aren't really used just for killing players, some actually have some practical uses.
    You can use black sacks to skip trying to find a jr balrog for the warrior's enrage/berserk/hammer quest
    You can use king slime sack to try get the squishy shoes.
    You can use brand monster galore to complete quests that require you to kill bosses that are difficult to find, or to get their cards/nx/exp to lvl up to 200 etc

As for the low lvl sacks they are mostly just for fun, you can't really kill anybody with snails and mushrooms unless they are really low lvled

CodE and Gert like this.
  15. TheOoms

TheOoms Member

Country Flag:
    Sorta rude to do that to leechers tbh. Would be more funny to put them in a random potion shop like Becca said :xD:

CodE likes this.
  16. CodE

CodE Donator

Country Flag:
    Sounds like a psychological issue of jealousy.
    Leeching is expensive, why would you like to disrupt someone's business?

Do you sack people on the street who wear a Rolex watch?
    would you sack Justin Trudeau for having too many privileges?

You should sack yourself mate, or go and make money and buy leech.
    No one forced you to make an HS mule, I don't have one and its all good.
    Don't get the point -_-

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
    absolian likes this.
  17. absolian

absolian Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    HolyAbsolian
    Level:
    ⓵⓹⓼
    @Johnny

defame is also in the game yet its bannable if you mass defame!
    and sack in the game but you mass sack leechers, your behavior is disruptive to other people business and maps.

if you not map owner you should not open sacks, its their map therefore their rights.
    you not allwed to spawn new mobs to someone else map just like you cant kill mobs from someone else map.
    (can't kill = remove / can't spawn = add).

imo: Shacks should only be opened by map owner.

ᵦᵧ ₜₕₑ ₐᵧ ᵧₒᵤ ₛₒᵤₙₛ ₘᵢₛₑᵣₐᵦₗₑ ⱼₑₐₗₒᵤₛ ₗₐᵧ ₐₛ*ₕₒₗₑ ₕₒ ₐₙₜ ₛₜₐₙ ₜₕₑ ₐₜ ₚₑₒₚₗₑ ₕₐᵥₑ ₜₕₑᵢᵣ ₒₙ ₐᵧₛ ₜₒ ₑₙⱼₒᵧ ₜₕₑ ₐₘₑ, ₚᵣₒᵣₑₛₛ ₐₙ ₚₗₐᵧ.
    ₛₒₘₑ ₚₑₒₚₗₑ ₕₑᵣₑ ₐᵣₑ ₐᵤₗₜ. ₛₒₘₑ ₒ ᵤₛ ᵦᵤᵧ ₗₑₑₕ ᵦₑₐᵤₛₑ ᵢₜₛ ₜₕₑ ₒₙₗᵧ ₐᵧ ₑ ₐₙ ₒᵣₖ, ₛₜᵤᵧ ₐₙ ₕₐᵥₑ ₐ ₗᵢₑ ₕᵢₗₑ ₖₑₑₚ ₑₓₚᵢᵣₐₙₑ ₜₕᵢₛ ₐₘₑ.

CodE likes this.
  18. Pedro Oliveira

Pedro Oliveira Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Completely disagree with this gm. You actually make no sense, unless you ban sacks from the game.

19. Pedro Oliveira

Pedro Oliveira Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    If you're interfering with leech buyers gameplay just because they are paying, why not make an npc that allows you to buy exp with mesos? Sacks are a legit item and I can use it when I feel like it. Sacks are nostalgic, leeching isn't. To sad that some GMs actually enjoy the leech story O_O
    GM Johnny is wrong for lots of reasons, even tho he has good intentions, he's doing it wrong xD

20. absolian

absolian Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    HolyAbsolian
    Level:
    ⓵⓹⓼
    what kind of broken and twisted logic is that?

people buy player made service fame, think this logic also apply to buy fame from NPC?
    people buy player made VIP service Z helm, think we better off buy z helm from NPC for 50m-100m?
    people buy player made ring and skill books, sure you want to be able to them from NPC?
    people buy player MADE service and they pay hard earned mesoss for it.
    what give you the right to stop, slow or ruin someone's else game? it's the definition of harassment!

leech is player made service! only twisted board troll and asshole will do such a thing to other people gameplay and justfy it with "Sacks are a legit item and I can use it when I feel like it".
    there is time and place for anything, go out of your way to kill people that payed for service is harrasment.
    its not your map, its the leecher and buyers, you not allowed to kill anything or spawn anything, not allowed loot anything and basically only privilege you have is walk in that map in order to reach, npc, portal or wait for the map owner to finish.

anything else will be harrasment.

btw, without leech, not a single soul will play mage.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
    NoFrauds, CerealnOats and Labour like this.