Do leechers deserve to be sacked?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Minjo, May 21, 2020.

?

Do leechers deserve to be monster sacked?

1. Yes

59 vote(s)
    30.9%
  2. No

132 vote(s)
    69.1%
  1. Coordinate

Coordinate Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Vizant
    Level:
    16x
    Guild:
    Fendi
    Sure but in the end it counts as disruptive behavior to sack anyone. I'm pretty done at this point because it's going to keep going in a circle. I'm going to report when someone sacks my leechers. ~imboss

OhNetters likes this.
  2. Becca

Becca GM Intern

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Becca
    Level:
    xx
    Guild:
    Staff
    Leechers afk 90% of the time, ropes are finicky in Petri specifically, and it all depends on the reaction time of the seller to kill the mobs. If the seller's on the other side of the map when it happens-- they'll be dead before the seller gets there.

Just stop sacking people who are leeching, it's really not that hard. Go drop them in Henesys or Kerning.

3. Grant Angeles

Grant Angeles Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Kazu890
    Level:
    Guild:
    OnlyFans
    He brings up a good point though. Obviously if someone dies from a bag they're gonna report the user for toxic behavior. If using them is bannable why have them in the game at all? That makes literally no sense.

The bag spawns monsters. It has no inherent nor practical use other than to kill low leveled players and afk'ers. (unless of course someone is just dying to kill a slime and doesn't want to go to Ellinia)

halfwaysleet and ginwolf like this.
  4. Grant Angeles

Grant Angeles Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Kazu890
    Level:
    Guild:
    OnlyFans
    So it's okay to kill afk people in henesys or kerning but not petri? Why? Just trying to get some clarification here.

Soggy Nerps, ginwolf and Dabsta like this.
  5. Shiratsuyu

Shiratsuyu Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shiratsuyu
    Level:
    Guild:
    Kemono
    People can use the chat to rwt, use offensive language, etc. If using the chat is bannable, why have a chat in the game at all? It's the same thing with sacks. It depends on the context.

I once smegad that im giving away free items at hene store. People came. Me and buds dropped some stuff. Then we sacked the map, killing most people inside. That's innocent trolling and nothing was interrupted. People got what they came for and weren't doing anything else. :)

However, if I go and sack people that paid money for leech and then afk, I would be disrupting their buisness.
    Im perfectly fine with sacks. Just gotta remember, there are time and places to use them, and other times and places you shouldn't.

OhNetters, Hampa, absolian and 5 others like this.
  6. Becca

Becca GM Intern

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Becca
    Level:
    xx
    Guild:
    Staff
    Why? Because those players are paying for a leeching service.
    When you die in town, you lose 1% EXP. When you die outside of town, you will lose 10% EXP I already explained it in here:
    If you're purposely going out of your way to sack people who are leeching, and purposely wasting their time, the seller's time, and making them purposely lose 10% EXP then it should be self explanatory. In my honest opinion it should be under Objectionable Behavior (Disruption) because you are purposely going out of your way to ruin another player's leveling experience.

7. Coordinate

IGN:
    Vizant
    Level:
    16x
    Guild:
    Fendi

People will summon them in certain places to get the last bit of exp to 200 to get a screen shot in a different map. I feel like sacking people is for people who just want to troll and have other people feel bad because on the inside the sackers are hurting :'(

8. Dabsta

Dabsta Well-Known Member

If you afk while training at a high level map, which is what leeching basically is, isn't the risk kind of inherent? should normal training be risk free as well?

9. Grant Angeles

Grant Angeles Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Kazu890
    Level:
    Guild:
    OnlyFans

That's hardly an apples to oranges comparison. Chat is a main function of the game and has non bannable uses. The point of the question is, why have something in the game if using it is bannable?

10. Grant Angeles

Grant Angeles Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Kazu890
    Level:
    Guild:
    OnlyFans
    That's kind of the issue though is that it's YOUR opinion, and the way I see it, killing afk people in town or low levels who can't survive a rog still wastes their time and hard work as they do still lose EXP. By that logic using them at all should be under Objectionable Behavior (Disruption) Because the person would be purposely going out of their way to ruin another players leveling experience, rather it be 10% or 1%, In which case, they shouldn't be in the game at all.

11. Becca

Becca GM Intern

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Becca
    Level:
    xx
    Guild:
    Staff
    Players are in control of however they want to play the game. So I don't understand why you have a vendetta against people buying leech. Same argument can be made about sacking leechers too. Play however you want, that's the whole purpose of the game.

I'm just saying, there needs to be a line somewhere.

12. Grant Angeles

Grant Angeles Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Kazu890
    Level:
    Guild:
    OnlyFans
    This leveling to 200 thing is probably the only valid argument so far that sacks should remain in game. Good on you :)

Coordinate likes this.
  13. sparky95

sparky95 Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shakiras
    Level:
    Guild:
    NewPlanet
    Black Sack -> Saves the time and effort for Drks to complete Berserk quest.

New brand galore -> Provides nx and monster cards for area bosses that are hard to find due to high demand.

Every snail/slime or low level bags -> Can be used for sneaky mapowner take over if used in the corner of the map outside the current owner's minimap vision.

absolian, nyannko777, ginwolf and 2 others like this.
  14. Coordinate

IGN:
    Vizant
    Level:
    16x
    Guild:
    Fendi
    Oh ho ho that is sneaky, i was also wondering how many summoned sacks do you think a map could handle before it starts Dcing people when they walk into it

15. Tect

Tect Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    DTect
    Level:
    Guild:
    Manon
    Arent sacks for training? They spawn mobs for u to kill n gain exp ~f6. They spawn different lvl mobs based on the kind e.g. sack 10 spawns stuff like c rog n vikings

16. ilyssia

ilyssia Donator

1. Objectionable Behavior (Harassment) - The act of engaging in any sort of rude, harassing, vulgar, obscene, hateful, threatening or abusive discourse with another player, or alternatively in a setting in which unintended audiences may be present such as all publically transmitted chat or serverwide messages. This includes persistent badgering, flaming, mass defamation or disruption of another player. Punishment: First offense - 3 day ban, Second offense, 7 day ban, Third offense - Permanent ban.
    2. Objectionable Behavior (Disruption) - The act of engaging in any sort of action that is deemed to be excessively disruptive to the individuals around you, including spamming or flooding chat or skills. Punishment: First offense - 3 day ban, Second offense, 7 day ban, Third offense - Permanent ban.

I brought up two rules I think is very relevant in order to properly evaluate this particular situation. Just like defaming other players is fine, using summoning sacks to kill other players is fine. But that's to a certain extent, the line that is clearly drawn in the sand when it comes to the intention, the level of disruption is caused and whether is targetted specifically to a specific group or player. Both can get you banned if done them in an excessive manner and/or found you are specifically targetting another player or group.

For example
    Smega your name/message in chat is fine, but done excessively, banned.
    Defame once or twice on a specific player is fine, but getting others to join in and target them even if is a small amount, banned. ​

Hence, the phrase ''excessively disruptive to the individuals around you.''

Since the original poster has already clearly highlighted his intention. That is to causing disruption towards players who are buying/selling leech. That's tick number 1. and 3. (Intention) (Targeting)

Ticket number 2 (Disruption), is somewhat more vague, how much disruption is he actually causing? If his using slime summing sacks on one or two occasions, I won't consider excessively. But if he does it regularly, and more players are reporting him because of it, yeah I would say that's bannable.

Tect, Hampa, CerealnOats and 6 others like this.
  17. Dabsta

Dabsta Well-Known Member

Any use of a summon sack to kill someone is inherently intentional, say someone used a sack at KPQ, he is specifically targeting KPQ goers

ginwolf likes this.
  18. Sevendollars

Sevendollars Donator

Country Flag:
    nah, summoning 10 mobs is like nothing, they are definitely for mischief

19. ilyssia

ilyssia Donator

That's why I highlighted the level of disruption caused as another factor. I have occasionally done that in the past, especially ''disrupting'' high-level Kerning City hoes. But as mentioned by others, getting killed by a summoning sack in Kerning City, the level of disruption in town areas, the threshold is much lower, because of the lower experience from death is lost, combined with the fact there is usually someone powerful or has a powerful main nearby that ensure such events do not last very long.

But if I continue to summon more monsters to ensure the area is entirely unusable for lower-level characters for a much longer duration or even go as far as going other channels to prevent them from entering the map. Yeah, then I deserved to be banned in such a situation.

Tect likes this.
  20. Dave Deviluke

Dave Deviluke Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Islander
    Level:
    Guild:
    Shroomies
    It's up to you if you wanna be a murderer or a chef when holding a knife

Having monster sacks doesn't mean you must kill people with it, you can summon it with friends to have fun such as taking a screenshot of the mobs

The mentality of having the sacks in game = must kill players is quite problematic, and I would advise you to discuss with others about the perspective you have on stuff