Do leechers deserve to be sacked?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Minjo, May 21, 2020.

?

Do leechers deserve to be monster sacked?

1. Yes

59 vote(s)
    30.9%
  2. No

132 vote(s)
    69.1%
  1. Minjo

Minjo Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Minjo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tinder
    Do they?

ginwolf and Mooshy like this.
  2. CerealnOats

CerealnOats Well-Known Member

IGN:
    xTeacup
    The question can also be written as "Are you a dick?"

Zaphyra, ap5566, Fatlip and 27 others like this.
  3. Minjo

Minjo Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Minjo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tinder
    Let's not resort to sexist language, please. I'm simply trying to say that the results of this poll so far (along with the general sentiment toward leeching on the server) suggests that a large proportion of the player base does not like the effect that leeching has on the image, vibe, and most importantly, the economy of the server.

With all the free sacks I got from the compass quest during this event, I found a great way to shut down leechers is by knocking afk buyers to their deaths with monster sacks. This disrupts leecchers by sometimes shutting down the owed transactions to the exploitative sellers and minimizing the amount of leeching altogether.

I encourage everyone who shares these values to join me in this crusade. Ulu 1/2 and petris are a great place to start!

#SackLeechers

KenE, Pedro Oliveira, ginwolf and 2 others like this.
  4. Kisou

Kisou Donator

IGN:
    Kwuu, Kisou
    Level:
    Guild:
    Haiku
    Okay so you're a dick.

Fatlip, Enticing, Skyra and 18 others like this.
  5. Evan

Evan Forum Moderator

Guild:
    Resignation
    Why sack leechers when you can sack the boat in lith harbor?

Enticing, DayHime, Undisputed and 7 others like this.
  6. Powz

Powz Well-Known Member

IGN:
    SinXL
    Level:
    I had a leech on my sack once, after swimming in a lake. It sucked...

Mellow, benkrong, OhNetters and 7 others like this.
  7. Minjo

Minjo Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Minjo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tinder
    LOL. Because killing noobs gives us little satisfaction. It was funny in GMS but here, I have nothing against them and want to encourage new, pure players to join the server. I would rather use my downtime energy after grinding to hit up leecher maps.

Leechers, on the other hand ruin the server in a multitude of ways:
    1) They forced every player to make their own HS mules because why actually play the game as a bishop when you can just sell leech and still get decent EXP for yourself?

2) They cause all the best training maps to be flooded and inaccessible to people trying to play the game normally (some even have the audacity to try and sell their maps after they finish selling leech)

3) They negatively influence the economy for players who don't sell leech by inflating the value of items

#SackLeechers

KenE, ginwolf, Mooshy and 1 other person like this.
  8. Impactive

Impactive Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Impactive
    Guild:
    Infinity
    Monster sack is a usable in game item. It can and should be dropped anywhere if desired. If an individual decided to afk and gets hit, it’s fair game. We have a lounge and FM if you need to afk in a safe place. By deciding to leech you accept this risk when going afk or choosing not to use a rope out of range.

hayy, harp, Pedro Oliveira and 5 others like this.
  9. Dabsta

Dabsta Well-Known Member

Yes. at least until we have official PvP. sacking is all we have :rolleyes:

10. Tect

Tect Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    DTect
    Level:
    Guild:
    Manon
    so u would sack someone that is resting after grinding in a popular leech map for 2 hrs n didnt go back to town cos they went to take a short nap before coming back to train again? o_O

11. MrMarist

MrMarist Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Don't think they deserve to be sacked but I always have MR in the background so it doesn't affect me albeit annoying.
    Sacking is nostalgic to me tho I'm not sure about other peoples experience.
    Dying while taking a break from grinding sucks and feelsbadman. Tho emotions we feel are what drives people to be passionate about the game. If dying to sacks doesn't make you feel anything(unless you're lvl 200 or super low lvl) probably means you don't have much attachment to the game.
    My own personal take on this

12. Coordinate

Coordinate Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Vizant
    Level:
    16x
    Guild:
    Fendi
    Heck why not make it possible to sack in the fm to get rid of all the bots? -.-'

Abdus, KingofAesthetics and ginwolf like this.
  13. Minjo

Minjo Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Minjo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tinder
    Well just another thing to point out here GM @Johnny threatened to ban us for using monster sacks. Can I get a confirmation from a more senior GM that this is not a bannable offense please? Why are monster sacks even in the game if using them is bannable?

[​IMG]

14. Johnny

Johnny GM Intern

Country Flag:
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    I’m not sure what there is to discuss but I recommend you to read the terms and conditions to avoid getting banned as a ton of players reported to me your toxic behaviour. In your screenshot it’s clear that your intentions were to kill leechers...

DayHime, MayCookies, Hampa and 6 others like this.
  15. Minjo

Minjo Active Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Minjo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tinder
    Of course my intention was to kill leechers... it should be quite obvious via this topic I am not trying to hide that. I just want a stronger clarification to my question: If using monster sacks to kill other players is considered disruption, why are they in the game at all? What the key difference between using it on leechers versus other afk players?

Other than monster galore which can be used to farm boss cards, I really see no good argument that they have any other use than to kill afk players. The original "warning" message since Wizet added them even clearly implies they are in the game for malicious intent, but playfully warn users getting too caught up in using them to prank other players can slow down leveling.

To me, your use of the "disruption" clause to say sacking is bannable in some cases, but not in others is far too subjective. Is it because they were leechers specifically? Because I've used them on multiple channels on multiple occasions? If you plan to ban me for using sacks on afk leechers, please talk to a senior GM to be more specific about the conditions that sacking is bannable (maybe to the GM who designed the compass event to give out so many sacks, heh).

From my perspective, leeching is toxic and disruptive to MY gameplay experience (if you don't believe me, check out the post I literally made in 2014: https://mapleroyals.com/forum/threads/anti-leeching-movement.12981/). However, I don't go around reporting leechers or even screech to remove it from the game. Would I like it to be gone? Yes - absolutely, but I recognize it's an element to the game many players utilize so I do what I can do - speak my mind about it in attempt to persuade others, and kill them with monster sacks when I can.
    PS - the results of the poll aren't quite a majority but I think it's clear a significant proportion of the community is on board with what I'm saying (and that was even using harsher language than necessary, with the word "deserve").

16. Coordinate

IGN:
    Vizant
    Level:
    16x
    Guild:
    Fendi
    Shaq Tries to Not Make a Face 22052020165549.jpg

Its a game, you honestly made no valid point in your thread whatsoever. Just because you are too cheap to buy your leech or too lazy to do it yourself does not make it "toxic". You get what you put into the game, it's supposed to be fun and played to how you enjoy the game without disrupting others. I'm going to quote @Kerners who posted this on your thread.

"As someone who is anti-leech myself, the problem I find with this is that you are fundamentally infringing on the rights of others to train in the manner they prefer, while trying to impose your ideals on them. That is not acceptable imo."

Why cant you just let people play how they want to play without trying to control them or disrupt their playstyle?

17. Dabsta

Dabsta Well-Known Member

Why cant you? Say leechers are taking 20 channels in the map he wanted to train in. is his playstyle being disrupted?

[​IMG]

ginwolf likes this.
  18. Coordinate

IGN:
    Vizant
    Level:
    16x
    Guild:
    Fendi
    He can do what a normal person does and wait for a map to open up, or buy a map? Or hey! He could buy a leech if available!

Hampa likes this.
  19. Becca

Becca GM Intern

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Becca
    Level:
    xx
    Guild:
    Staff
    Im saying this as a player, not as staff so please don’t take this out of context:

While I agree that sacks should be used for however the players want to, personally I think it should fall under the Disruption category. Because you are disrupting the players leeching progress, something they paid for therefore disrupting their gameplay. Some people lose 10% when you die, depending on your level that’s around 5-10min of leech you just wasted.

Purposely targeting leechers for the sole reason of ruining their leech, and wasting everyone’s time just shows what kind of person you really are.. :rolleyes:

Sacking leechers should be punishable tbh.
    Use it in kerning City, or Lith Harbour, put it in a random potion shop on an obscure channel for all I care lol but purposely targeting leech buyers and wasting their time, and the seller’s time should be inforced.

absolian, Abdus, Masqueradia and 3 others like this.
  20. Dabsta

Dabsta Well-Known Member

On the same note, a leecher could hang on a rope instead, or kill/avoid the monster that was summoned.