1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dcing under 5.0ghz wifi, fine with 2.4ghz?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by c6222848, Feb 11, 2019.

1. c6222848

c6222848 Member

IGN:
    Weikodei
    Hello to all!

I just joined this server two days ago, and i have experienced noticeable DC during the first day. I have tried a lot and in the end i tried to change my wifi to 2.4ghz. which is a weaker signaled wifi for me in general and not stable.
    but it worked! at least the game won't start freeze and time out DC me again. downside is ofcs i sometimes gets DC'ed by ping out on my end.

i used
    ping 51.68.205.174 -t
    to see the connectivity with the server. assuming server ip is 51.68.205.174.
    On 2.4 it sometimes goes up to 2000 but game just freezes for like 2 second (as expected) then go back to normal
    on 5.0 it stays under 30 most of the time, and ping spikes sometime to 600-1000 for one second. But the game will DC me even if there was no significant ping spikes.

so it is idk.. like half questioning wether or not it's something server end with 5.0ghz wifi and half giving the solutions for those who are using 5.0 and experiencing DC.
    well.. maybe it's only my case but if you're experiencing the same please reply too :p

2. ticklemerick

ticklemerick Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    TKnight
    Level:
    Networking Engineer here. I suggest you check your router's logs and perhaps run a 1 hour ping/tracer test.

3. c6222848

c6222848 Member

IGN:
    Weikodei
    how can i check it? im currently using a crappy modem+router kinda thingy that my ISP installs along with the activation, the firmware is so simple that there isnt even a change MTU option when i wanted to change it to fix the DC problem. and one hour ping test well yeah i can just run it in background while playing maple i guess

4. ItsRachel

ItsRachel Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Opinions
    Level:
    Guild:
    Valhalla
    Possible that there is interference with other devices causing the sudden dc's on 5 ghz, you could try to restart your router so it finds a free/ the best channel available and see if you are fine that way.

Does it happen in other games as well? Possible that your wlan drivers got fked somehow, i'd recommend updating them just in case.

5. c6222848

c6222848 Member

IGN:
    Weikodei
    no.. it really only happends in maple. im well aware of the inteference and i think i am at the best channel right now, there is only two very weak wifi signal with strength 90 dBm on the same channel, all the others are occupied by some neighbors. and mine 5.0 is at around 55 dBm, not the best but livable.

Also my ISP is like the cheapest so i didnt expect it to like have a full time stable network xD, but i think a sudden ping spike shouldnt dissconnect me like that? especially if on cmd test it shows constant 17ms. wouldnt it just reconnect if it gets a ping spike for 2 second orsth?

6. Gabriel A

Gabriel A Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Eternusdark
    Level:
    Guild:
    ImperioRoyal
    buy a wifi signal amplifier and play 2.5 Ghz

7. c6222848

c6222848 Member

IGN: