1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dayna's LinkedIn Profile. Oh wait-this isn't LinkedIn?

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Dayna, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Dayna

Dayna Member

IGN:
    Kamek
    Which position are you applying for?:
    [X]Game Master Intern
    [ ]Forum Moderator

Personal Details:

Name: Dayna
    Are you over 18? Yes
    Character Names: Kamek, Daruk, Rurui, Saeyoung
    Do you have a Discord? Yes
    What time zone do you generally play in? PST/Server-8
    When did you join? ~2015

What do you like most about MapleRoyals? Close community, fun events, server uptime, nostalgia
    What do you like least about MapleRoyals? Client glitches, unreliability during bossing, GFXing. HP washing

Which languages do you speak and how well?: English
    What is your main focus in life? Maintaining a close knit community of loved ones and eating good food.
    How much time do you think you would commit to staff responsibilities if chosen? ~20-25 hrs a week

Have you ever played any of the official MapleStory(s)? Yes
    Which one? GMS
    How long? 2005-2015
    Character name? Lassatier, Surkiri

Have you ever been assigned a Staff position on any private server game(s)?: No

List the game(s): N/A
    How long have you worked there? N/A
    What do your duties entail? N/A
    Do you still work there? If no, why not? N/A

What skills or unique qualities will you be bringing with you to the MapleRoyals team?

I’m currently pursuing my certification in cybersecurity. I would be able to bring some technical skill to what already exists in the Royals team. I’ve also been a freelance graphic designer and illustrator with some web design and animation experience using Adobe Suite. I’d be able to help make banners and artwork if needed. At my core, I am a very personable and extroverted person- I am always eager to help those in need (especially with genesis prequests) and support new players. Click spoiler below for a sample of my recent design work.

[​IMG]

Besides those listed above, what do you believe to be important qualities of a staff member?
    Transparency and reliability. An ideal staff member would be clear with their actions and intentions. Their team should be able to rely on them in times of need.

Why do you want to work with us?

As mentioned previously, I am trying to start a career in cybersecurity/IT. I’ve always loved playing MMORPGs, and Royals has a special place in my heart. However, I am a novice in the field and I think it’d be a great learning experience to help out around the server.

Have you ever been banned in game or on the forums before? No. I’m a good noodle.

If you could change or add one rule to MapleRoyals what would that be? Extending the HP quest so that new and returning people can save money on HP washing.

Do you have any real life commitments or responsibilities you feel are important to you and would like to tell us about? I am a full time student (mainly online courses, however) and I do work part time making that breaaaad.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020 at 12:21 AM
    Prideful, Johnny, Braindead and 16 others like this.