Create a new world

Discussion in 'Denied' started by raftel, Jul 19, 2021.

1. ShadowBlast

ShadowBlast Donator

IGN:
    MowBaster
    We barely have enough players for one server don't you think so?
    Even if you do that, if you're gonna create a new server with the same configuration, I don't know how this will help to the game... it will be matter of time until people will create all possible mules, make enough mesos to sell it for real money and people will do leech character as their first character and there we go - a replica of the current server, with less players.
    It might even split the whole active community between the servers and eventually will kill both of them

2. Shiratsuyu

Shiratsuyu Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Shiratsuyu
    Level:
    Guild:
    Kemono
    Create a second world for all the hackers, let them play alone, then mega ban everyone in second world :adminban:

3. Wonderstruck

Wonderstruck Donator

So what happened in MSEA at least was they created too many worlds. It started with 3 in 2005 (might’ve been 1 before I joined). Then they had ABCDEFGHI i think total of 9 worlds. The number of players just died down and eventually the mistakes were identified, subsequently the worlds were merged(?) I have quit by then.

i think its a mistake made before and we can learn from it, rather than making the same mistake again.

MaiAh and Kenny like this.
  4. raftel

raftel Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Raftel
    I disagree.
    From what i've understand, they tried to imitate GMS by creating 9 world, it's way too many worlds.
    Mapleroyals is 7 years old, I think it's time for a 2nd world.. not 9th.
    GMS used to be the first experience for people back then, so it's reasonable to have 5 worlds playing parallel. (Scania,Broa,Bera,Windia,Kahini) for example (the peak of GMS in my opinion).
    I think lot of people miss the real old day, no mules, not bossing everyday, not having perfect gear. Idk the statistics, the staff might have them in the logs, but its intresting to figure how many people left the game.
    Mapleroyals is also a buissness, they have to to their own thinking if it's a profit. I'm quite sure around 300? pleople in the world miss the concept we are talking about? isn't enough people for a new world?
    the number of online people right now it's bit a lie, cause of mules and stuff. I believe the real number is 70% of the number we see in the website.
    Anyways, I really don't have the knowledge or the sources to build a cons and pros table, but I created this thread to read people thoughts about it :)
    Btw, appreciate everyone's comments!

MaiAh likes this.
  5. MaiAh

MaiAh Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    MaiAh
    Level:
    Guild:
    Labyrinths
  6. Kethoe

Kethoe Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    DripBrew
    Level:
    Guild:
    Freaky
    Royals may be 7 years old, but as you said, many are mules. So there are what, maybe 500 active players on at one time? So the solution is to split that into 5 worlds with 100 players each?

Also, Royals is most DEFINITELY not a business lol. All staff is unpaid and, allegedly, all donation money goes to maintenance of the game - not into the owner’s pocket.

nyannko777, WanWan and nutleafcity like this.
  7. raftel

raftel Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Raftel
    I feel like you look at this the opposite way.
    First, 500 playes active with mules. How many quit royals? I can tell from my BL and real life friends that many people did.
    I'm not saying that 100% will return to play, but I'm convinced that 20% will. And by saying 20% it's *PURE* 20%, not 20% and divide it by w.e average mules online are. So yeah, in my opinion it's not such a bad idea to create a new world.

Second, I'm really not into the costs and administration, but if its 100% voulenteered, it even corroborate my stand.
    No need to pay for GMS, not need to pay for maintaince.. as i said before I'm sure they'll find the human resource, as many apply.
    If it's not voulenteered 100%, they should do their thinking.

I think one of the private servers puropes is to give a nostalgic expierince, and I think that NOTHING in royals right now is nostalgic, only the resource.

8. onetwotree

onetwotree Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    onetwotree
    Level:
    You can't bring back nostalgia because everyone's approach to MMOs have changed.

Everybody knows what they're doing, what gears to get, where to allocate AP & SP.
    Nobody's going to invest money into making a godlike korean fan on their bandit, and have that be their resume when joining an LPQ party.
    Nostalgia is when it took you 2 weeks of constant grinding to get from 1-30, 20man zak where at least 3-4 people would die and you still had a chance to fail, autoclicking the NPC to enter KPQ, LPQ, /find players in KPQ to see what stage they're on, people spamming their items @@@@@@ in fm.
    No one cared about content back then, only exploring the world and trying to level up

You cant replicate those nostalgic moments by just creating a new world.

People who play old school maple for nostalgic reasons are most likely in their mid-20s and have real life obligations, and not solely because of content, that's why "server ded".

tl;dr making new world wont bring back nostalgia

nutleafcity, MaiAh, Shane and 3 others like this.
  9. raftel

raftel Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Raftel
    It's very individual. I can say that I miss building a character when the world is difficult and everything is'nt balanced. Others probably like the bossing and having strong characters, i really dont judge, but in my opinion the idea of creating new world isnt hurting the "based" players, I think the guilds and communities will continue to play there, just another option for them and the others who want to play a fresh new start.
    Anyways I don't think that many people side my opinion ;)