Corsair's Bossing Guides (Full Record Included)

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Officially, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Officially

Officially Donator

Country Flag:
    Before we start i will share some tips and tricks that i always use.

1. Put your Octopi and Gaviota at the hotkeys where you are able to see the cooldown timer.
    [​IMG]

2. Why am i doing “Tip 1” ? Maxed Octopi has better DPS than a few shots of rapid fire that you cast between dismount and remount. So every time after you dismount, try to summon an octopi immediately and remount. If your Octopi is on CD, switch to rapid fire while remounting.

3. Triple Battleship Cannon Macro - This is very useful if you bring a mule to a boss run before you switch to your mule’s client cast it once and it allows you to cast 3 times of cannon automatically. (Only for the bosses that do not hit frequently)

4. Triple Double Shot Macro- Dismount your battleship and cast this everytime you need to control your mule for your DPS. (Especially main Horntail and Toad)

[​IMG]
    5. Use a potion that replenishes both HP and MP in bosses that drain your MP or cast 1/1, for example Elixirs or Power Elixirs. The reason is: you will always dismount for a 1/1 attack, but if you have 1 mana, you don't have enough mana to cast Battleship to remount immediately. Since your pet consumes HP potions first, (rather than using both HP and MP at the same time), using an HP potion that includes MP means you can always immediately remount and not lose DPS.

6. Keep your Sair's HP at a similar but sightly above the amount equal to the maximum amount of damage that the boss you are facing would deal through direct or unavoidable attacks but cast 1/1 often. If you don't dismount well, your battleship could take the same amount of damage as your available HP due to 1/1..

For Example : Your HP is 9,000/12,000, the damage taken from 1/1 deducts your battleship’s HP by 8,999. If you were at full health, your ship would take 11,999 damage. So adjusting your HP and HP Alert is essential for the bosses that cast 1/1. For bosses that cast 1/1, try to find out the maximum damage they do, and get a potion just over that amount.

7. Octopi+Battleship Macro- This macro was “nerfed” indirectly due to the boost of remounting speed. This is only viable for DISMOUNT now but not for all bosses because it has 0.5 seconds of delay.

EXAMPLE:

[​IMG]

Why isn’t this Macro working even when your octopi is off cooldown?

If you are using ‘Tip 3(Triple Cannon Macro)’ which will automatically casts 3 cannons , you would need to press any arrow key(either left or right) to force stop your triple cannons macro before you use the Octopi+Battleship Macro.

Why don’t we just dismount and summon octopi normally?

If you use this macro, you can maximise your DPS, you could use rapid fire when you remount because this macro allow you to skip your ‘Octopi’s Summon Delay’.

Do note that this Macro can only be used when your Octopi is off cooldown or else this macro won't be working! That’s why ‘Tip 1’ is very important.

HORNTAIL [​IMG]

*Octopi+Battleship Macro can be used for both Pre-heads when dismount is required but not main HT.

This is because the Macro has 0.5 seconds delay compared to dismounting with just the battleship key. During main HT you will need to dodge many more attacks by dismounting, and this 0.5 second delay will make it basically impossible to time it correctly causing your battleship getting damage from HT.

Prehead A

Icy breath - This skill has long casting delay and you are able to cast 2 more cannons before you remount. It knocks you back to far left so do use Recoil Shot to reposition back instead of walk.

[​IMG]

1/1 Ice Strike- Prehead A’s 1/1 is pretty easy to dodge or remount, you can still cast 1-2 more cannons when you see the animation of 1/1 . If you put a mule at the bottom, the 1/1 ice strike will sometimes focus on the bottom and would not hit the platform you attack on.

[​IMG]

Pre-head 2

There are 3 different skills at this stage

1/1 Thunder

How to dodge this? If you bring a mule in, put your mule at bottom and you can see where the 1/1 tombstone lands if the 1/1 tombstone lands on your Sair’s position remount it whenever you see it. 1/1 of Prehead B has no long casting delay so do remount asap when you see the animation lands on your Corsair’s position. If it does not land at your position no remount is required. You can try to move your character to dodge the 1/1 thunder as well.

[​IMG]

Lightning Strike

Both Lightning Strike and 1/1 Thunder has the same head casting animation.

When you see the animation and do not see any 1/1 Tombstone on the bottom, remount asap because this skill’s delay is just 1 second.

[​IMG]

For the 2 skills above of Prehead B, they push you character 1 step to the left, you can reposition yourself by using Recoil Shot which deals damage as well while you are repositioning. Reposition only when you are hit to far left(you fall to bottom after next attack) and cast one recoil shot after your next dismount before your remount.

Lightning Breath

-This skill is much alike Prehead A’s Ice Breath so this skill has long casting delay before it actual hits you so you can cast 2 more cannons before you dismount.

[​IMG]

Main Body

**This is just my way to horntail as a corsair and it may not be the best way but so far I’m still doing well by using this method

Legs

During Legs I don’t remount because leg stuns you and tail knocks you back to the far left and stuns you for 1 second, which means the only way to dismount when you are stunned is to right click your battleship icon (this is very troublesome and annoying).

My method is tanking the < falling rock and no remount. For most parties I believe your ship is just nice to kill legs or your ship might left with a little HP more.

[​IMG]

Why?

-If you are stunned or ‘stunned’ your ship tanks lots of damage (because you won’t able to dismount).

-If you remount too frequent you lose lots of DPS.

-Tanking the Falling rock takes only around 1,500 damage rather than 1/1 and other high damage skills from horntail. Also, tanking the falling rock lets you to avoid most of the stuns.

-All the head’s 1/1 can reach you if you are at the ground platform (We will talk about these 1/1 skills more in the Head A/B/C sections)

Tail

If your battleship has still some HP after Legs, just yolo it and let your ship get destroyed. You want to cooldown to be refreshed, and you do not want to be in battleship during tail anyways.

During tail, rotate Rapid Fire and Air Strike every 5 seconds, as well as Octopi. This combo surprisingly has very good DPS during tail Air Strike can does up to total 700k+ damage per cast and rapid fire has very good DPS as well.

Why I do not dismount during tail?

-Tail knocks you to far left and 'stuns' you for 1 second (as explained above)

-You need to dismount and remount to reposition yourself very frequently.

-By using rapid fire you could reposition yourself immediately after you are knocked back and stunned by using recoil shot. You can also sometimes try to jump to dodge the tail's attack.

-You tank lots of damage on the ground platform and dismounting is not that efficient here. Too much remounting makes you lose a lot of DPS.

**Before i start with Heads I will first explain Arms.

Arms

Arms cause no harm to your battleship and it helps you a lot here.

Why?

Arms hit only 1 damage to your Corsair as well as your Battleship which let you avoid lots of damage from Heads.

This is the animation that hits 1 damage.

[​IMG]

Do remember that only one arm can reach you at any time, either left or right side.

This skill has only <1 second delay, so whenever you see this skill you can choose to not remount but if you need to reposition after next attack you can remount and reposition yourself quickly.

Some tips regarding arm’s attack

If the arm sync casting with Heads:

This timing is the most difficult part of HT.

Remount when

- You see the icicle from Head A, it casts faster than arms

- You see 1/1 the icicle of Head A on ground platform, and when it is on the same position as your character while hitting Wings, the 1/1 usually hits faster than arms

- Head C is casting any skill beside Breath of Lightning

Do not need to remount when

: You see Head B casting any skill in the same timing.

If the arm cast 1sec earlier than all heads:

Remount only when:

-Head B raises its head (this skill has 3secs delay so you will be attacked if the arm casts 1 second earlier than this)

If the arm cast 1 sec after HEAD B raises its head.

-No remount is required

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Head C

Why I start with Head C first is because Head C is the most annoying for a Corsair among the three heads. The only 1/1 that is able to reach entire map is from Head C, and the 1/1 lightning from C hits vertically rather than horizontally like Head A and B, so it can reach the top platform.

There are 3 different skills from Head C

-Thunderbolt

This skill has the same animation as Head C’s 1/1, so remount immediately when you see this, it has no casting delay.

[​IMG]

-1/1 Thunder

This skill is avoidable by looking at your mule’s client, if the 1/1 tomb’s position (on ground platform) is not landing on your corsair’s position you can just ignore it and continuing use cannon. Same logic as Prehead 2 's 1/1 Thunder.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

-Lightning Breath

Whenever you see this animation you can still cast 2more cannons before you remount, this is the only skill that has long delay of Head C.

[​IMG]

Where to attack for Head C and Why?

[​IMG]
    -This is the best position for a corsair to attack.

-Your Octopi able to reach Head C here.

-You won’t take damage from Head A’s 1/1 as Head A’s 1/1 reaches only -ground and middle platforms as well as Head B's 1/1 , it reaches only ground platform.

-Easier for your party members to buff you especially CR.

-Wyverns rarely fly up to top platform and if you attack on middle platform wyverns might knock you and you need to reposition yourself.

Head A

It is getting easier as long as one Head is killed especially Head C.

Head A has 3 different skills as well

-Icy Breath

This skill will not reach the top platform or the middle platform. It only hits the ground platform so you do not have to remount when you see the animation.

[​IMG]

-Icicle

Look at your character and not Head A here, the only skill that reaches top platform of Head A is this one, and it attacks you immediately.

Dismount asap whenever you see the icicle on your character’s head.

[​IMG]

-1/1 Ice strike (same animation as Icicle)

You can always ignore this and do not need to remount since it doesn’t reach the top platform. This skill has slow animation so you have time to react while hitting wing.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

**How do I differentiate the 1/1 and Icicle since they have the same animation?

Like I said, focus on your character’s head. If you do not see the icicle on your head, this means no remount is required.

Where to attack for Head A?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Summary of Head A: The only skill you need to remount of Head A is the Icicle so you will need only to focus on your character’s head.

Head B

-Fire Breath

This animation has very long casting delay, it raises its head to charge up and you can still attack it 3 times more before you remount.

[​IMG]

-1/1 Fire Tombstone

Your mule is pretty useful here. The 1/1 Fire Tomb from Head B hits only ground platform and the animation has 2seconds of delay which allows you to react whether if you need to dismount or not because it has the same animation as AOE Fire. So, whenever you see the fire tombs on your mule’s client (ground platform) you don’t need to remount.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

-Fire Splash

This skill’s animation is the same as 1/1 Fire tomb and it has also 2seconds of delay, if you see no fire tomb on the ground platform from your mule’s client do remount because this skill hits the entire map.

[​IMG]

Where to attack for Head B?

[​IMG]

Summary for Head B

I choose to no summon octopi here because you have to move your character closer to head B for your octopi to attack it and if you are knocked back and not within the distance your octopi will stop attacking head B.

Full record of my run:

In the video, you can see that I started with tail first, since it is the best way for a Corsair to kill Leg and Tail as no remount is required. BUT you do it at your own risk, as you need a very experienced Shadower or Attacker with Sed Mule (MAX Smoke Screen) to do this. I will not go into this further because it's closer to a Shad HT run, and there are already guides for this.

Conclusion for Horntail Guide
    My ship gets destroyed 0 or 1 times at most in every horntail run by doing this. Octopi is a very useful skill in Horntail, during main you are required to dismount numerous times, so summoning octopi between dismount and remount can let you to maintain your DPS even you remount a lot, since the Octopi will not stop attacking as long as you are within range. If you mastered this guidance, I am sure that you will be able to white lots of other classes and prove that Corsair is not a burden in a Horntail run!

AUF HAVEN [​IMG]

Pre-boss 1 (Royal Guard)

This is the place you need to stay and attack as a range class, it prevent you from getting hit by all Royal Guard’s skills besides Energy Ball . Stay at the left edge to prevent knockback down off from the spot because sometimes Royal Guard uses Energy Ball which can reach to the spot you at. The touch damage of this boss is up to 18k, you as a Corsair should not be the expedition leader, let the pinner with high HP to be the expedition leader so they can pin the Royal Guard to right and the rest could enter safely and move to the spot immediately.

[​IMG]

Pre-boss 2 (Core Blaze)

This boss is pretty easy like Krexel but the only thing that you need to take note is the mavericks that it spawns. Maverick could PUSH you to far left or right and making you to touch the body of Core Blaze which does up to 28k damage or even more. So, when Core Blaze spawns Mavericks and they fly towards you dismount immediate and use Blank Shot (from second job skill) to stun the Mavericks but not ignore them. Blank Shot is useful here , it has 100% stun rate. This is an example of stunning the Mavericks.

[​IMG]

Auf Haven

Auf Haven Body 1:

The first body has very low HP and it easy to kill. If you are lazy to dismount here you can choose to tank the body damage, it does only 400 to 800 damages.

Auf Haven Body 2 (MAIN BODY):

***Before I start with the skills there are some important things that you need to remember and to do:

-The minimum HP you need to run Auf Haven is 10,000 HP.

-Summon Octopi is pointless here because you could not summon it when you are floating (you float after getting every attack from auf) and the spot you attack Auf Haven is not within the Octopi range to attack Auf Haven.

-Corsair as a range class has the responsibility to kill Clone.

-Damage Reflect from Clones does only up to 6.5k damage max and 2k min.

-The Damage Taken from Damage Reflect DOES NOT AFFECT to your Battleship's HP.

-DO NOT use Rapid Fire on Clones it can kill you instantly when it uses damage reflect, if your ship is destroyed use Double Shot but not Rapid Fire.

-Do remember to ‘’Egg’’ Clones else all your skill targets Auf Haven but not Clones as you need to kill Clones ASAP.

-If you have Low HP (maybe less than 15k), do remember to use Potion manually during Damage Reflect because your pet can sometimes fails to use HP potions.

-Always keep your HP full for the entire run.

-Use your Hero's Will(Pirate's Rage for pirates) wisely.

Spot to attack Auf Haven (PIN TO LEFT)

There are 2 different spots for Low HP and High HP Corsair:

For Corsair that has Less than 16.3k HP :
    [​IMG]

Why here? One of the Auf Haven’s skill dashes towards middle and let you touch Aufhaven’s body which deals up to 16k can kill you if you do not have enough HP to tank the body touch.

Skill Animation :
    [​IMG]
    Whenever you see this skill dismount yourself and move your character to right to be 100% dodge the body damage because sometimes your Pinner might lost pin. But this method could not 100% let you dodge from the skill’s damage which is around 9k and Stuns you.

For Corsair that has More than 16.3k HP:
    [​IMG]

Why here? 16.3k HP is just nice to tank Auf Haven’s Touch Damage (up to 16k) and you could prevent the Stun from this skill by doing this:
    [​IMG]

**Normal Seduce (right)

When you are seduced you could not cast any skill, so you need to DISMOUNT MANUALLY by doing Right Click on your Battleship Icon if you do not dismount manually your battleship might tanks lots of damage from Auf during Seduce period.

Dispel Attack

The animation:
    [​IMG]

I choose to not remount myself when Auf Haven casts this skill.

Why? This skill does not 100% hit you and if you are dispelled by this skill the damage taken from this skill would not damage your ship.

Wing Flap (Knock Back)

Animation:
    [​IMG]

Dismount immediate when you see this there is no way to dodge this skill and it pushes you to far right.

Auf Haven ‘‘Genesis’’

Animation:
    [​IMG]

Dismount when it casts this, there is no way to dodge this skill and your cannon could not reach Aufhaven if it flies up.

Left Seduce

I believe currently most of the parties pin Auf Haven to the middle.

For Corsair that has Less than 16.3k HP : The only way to overcome for low HP Corsair is to time the Left Seduce, it has 90 seconds interval of Auf Haven to do Left Seduce, it is better for you to move yourself to the top platform at around 60 to 70 seconds (the timer sometime goes wrong lel). If you could not move in time use your Hero’s will(or Pirate’s Rage)

For Corsair that has More than 16.3k HP:

You can choose to attack from far right or far left, the things you need to do are

1. Make Sure Your Speed is at 140% (Haste or Speed potion) with max speed your character can move faster to avoid tanking Auf Haven’s body twice.

2. Put your Mouse on your Battleship Icon once you are seduced dismount IMMEDIATE, Battleship brings your speed to 80%.

3. If you fail to do the above mentioned you can die by touching Auf Haven’s body twice.

4. Hero’s Will wisely.

Record of Auf Haven Run:

Conclusion of Auf Haven Guide

From my point of view, It is not as difficult as Horntail for a Corsair to run Auf Haven, but it is better for a Corsair to have more than 16.3k HP else you can get LOTS of stun from Auf Haven’s dashing skill and you lost huge amount of DPS. Another option is to bring a HB mule to boost your survivability.

Castellan Toad [​IMG]

Body 1:

Octopi+Battleship Macro is useful for Body 1

You have 2 seconds to react every time the boss starts to cast which allows you to use the Octopi+Battleship Macro.

There are only 2 skills for Body 1 and they are easy to remount.

[​IMG]

Body 2:

Octopi+Battleship is not viable here as well as summons Octopi because your spot are out of the octopi 's range to attack.

The spot to attack as a Corsair:
    [​IMG]

This spot prevent you getting hit by the most crucial attack of Toad which is its Tongue’s attack.

There are 3 skills from Body 2 (TOAD)

Attack 1: No remount if required is you stay on the spot. This skill has 0 delay and it is VERY difficult to remount here due to its horrible ‘’licking??’’ speed. (Check the spoiler above if you did not see it)

Attack 2: Remount immediate if it casts this
    [​IMG]

Attack 3: Remount immediate if it casts this (the hitbox move to center of Toad’s body)
    [​IMG]

One of the record of my run:

Conclusion for Toad Guide
    Corsair is not that bad at toad, my ship does not destroy or destroy once at most for entire toad run, Body 2 is the most challenging here for a Toad run but if you mastered the guidance given above i believe you will find it is not that hard to remount here.

Bodyguard A B + The Boss
    [​IMG]

-You need Bishop with Maxed Holy Shield to do this boss.

-Do not use summon skills here (you need to stop the spawns on right side and your summons can kill the monsters at the left side causing the monsters respawn again on the right side)

-Do not clear the monsters at the left side.

-Clear the monsters at the right side and ensure that they stop spawning.

-Prepare some LOW HP potions

Bodyguard A

-This is where you need the Maxed Holy Shield, Bodyguard A ‘s skill stuns you if you are getting hit from it you need Holy Shield from Bishop to prevent the stuns from it.

[​IMG]

-The cast damage from the Bodyguard A does only 1 Damage so you do no need to remount as long as your party pin it well.

Bodyguard B

-This boss is annoying due to its iFrame.

-Nothing special aside its iFrame and very high touch damage.

-The only skill it does is MP suck and it deals 1 damage to your Battleship so no remount is required here.

The Boss

-This is where you use the LOW HP potions

-The skills it does are all 1/1, so you need to ‘zerk’ by using very low hp potions (white pot to ice cream pop) so your battleship wouldn’t get huge tons of damage from 1/1.

As example i use ice cream pop to keep my HP at 2k so the 1/1 deal only 2k to my ship.

[​IMG]

-You need also Holy Shield during The Boss because the skill it casts not only deals 1/1 but also skill lock which is very annoying.

-Do take note if the Male Boss spawns (when you see the car) heal yourself to 4k + HP else you might die by getting damage from the Male Boss which is 3k~4k.

Conclusion

BGA is easy and chill boss if you have Holy Shields and a pinner in your party. Your Battleship won't be destroyed if you follow all the instructions above.

Full Record :

Coming Soon

CONCLUSION
    Corsair is really a underrated class, this class has a very high-potential to deal the most DPS over all other classes in every bosses. The thing you need to sacrifice is only to practice more than complaining this class is too weak. Corsair can really be superior not only in Krexel/CWK or Zakum.

Last but not least, one thing i did not mentioned above, the reason that i put Gaviota on a seeable hotkey is to check the cooldown of it and cast Gaviota every 5 seconds. As you can see through my GIFS/Record i do cast Gaviota every 5 seconds. DO NOT BE LAZY TO CAST IT EVERY 5 SECONDS IT IS A FREE DPS.

Special Thanks to
    @kakamayka for helping me on editing and cutting records.
    @nicky for helping me with recording some of the bosses run above
    @NekoYen for guiding me on how to use Forum (LMAO) and making GIFs!
    @Solsticio @cagedmercury for grammar checking and thread updating.
    @all others who ran bosses with me and spent your precious times for me to record.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
    MaxHit, KWJ, cagedmercury and 51 others like this.
  2. nicky

nicky Donator

Country Flag:
    Level:
    six
    mine id0l, much pr0, very w0w

Pandora, onekeystory, Doo and 8 others like this.
  3. Zancks

Zancks Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Zancks
    Level:
    Guild:
    Olympia
    Nice one!

onekeystory, Doo, jaydenlim and 2 others like this.
  4. kakamayka

kakamayka Well-Known Member

Level:
    Guild:
    Degeneracy
    well said, thanks for carry :o

Officially likes this.
  5. MissNoa

MissNoa Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    MissShop
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    Amazing !!
    :tobenaww::tobenaww::tobenaww:

Doo, NekoYen and Officially like this.
  6. jaydenlim

jaydenlim Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Level:
    Guild:
    acme
    Only sair that mules bish in ht, what a fking god

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
    akash, onekeystory, Doo and 7 others like this.
  7. lambchop

lambchop Donator

Country Flag:
    OP GOD SIR!! Lambu aspired to be like Taengyuk!
    [​IMG]

^-^, Doo, Shnang and 5 others like this.
  8. Sharu

Sharu Donator

IGN:
    Ariana
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    Pro guide!! ~f14

Doo, NekoYen, Daisies and 1 other person like this.
  9. Taehyunn

Taehyunn Donator

IGN:
    AsuneNL
    Level:
    Guild:
    Wiggle
    OP

Doo, Shnang, NekoYen and 3 others like this.
  10. NekoYen

NekoYen Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Yeniiee
    Level:
    Guild:
    Savior
  11. Donn1e

Donn1e Donator

IGN:
    Donn1e
    Level:
    Guild:
    Wiggle
  12. onekeystory

onekeystory Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Raffinato
    Level:
    Guild:
    Savior
    Op sair that can even duo attack bm in HT

Officially, jaydenlim and NekoYen like this.
  13. CreamGoddess

CreamGoddess Banned

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CreamGoddess
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    wanna be my friend?

Officially likes this.
  14. TofuMasterD

TofuMasterD Well-Known Member

IGN:
    yogibe2r
    Excellent guide! I got to say, I thought I was pretty good having ship break only 2-3 times the whole run, but 0-1 time is insane...Using double shot macro to dps while muling is insane (and smart) :adminrawr:

Question though, I thought that DR did dmg to my ship because every time I DunasV1 my ship breaks pretty frequently even though im actively dodging Dunas active abilities(at least I think I am). Do you have any tips for V1? ^^

Officially likes this.
  15. akash

akash Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    zate
    Level:
    Guild:
    none
    Very nice guide, have you tried jump attacking on horntail legs / tail? I believe if you do this you can dodge the stun / super knockback.

Officially likes this.
  16. Officially

Officially Donator

Country Flag:
    I rarely run V1 but i think the skills it casts are similar as V2’s (i solo it daily back then). Every skills it casts have like 2 seconds of delay so maybe you can try not to dismount immediately but cast few more cannons before remounting.
    Did you get knocked back very frequently with ship on? Thats the 1/1 from V1.

17. Officially

Officially Donator

Country Flag:
    Ya , i did this(mentioned this on tail section). Jump attacking only works for Cannon but not rapid fire. Of course it is possible to dodge those but the thing is you have to know the timing that leg and tail hits as well so rather tank the falling rock during Leg to dodge most of the stun/knockback.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
  18. ImVeryJelly

ImVeryJelly Donator

Country Flag:
    For ppl looking at #1. Remember, this exists.

upload_2021-10-22_0-51-23.png

Pandora, Elie, lambchop and 3 others like this.
  19. nicknikki

nicknikki Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Wow i didnt know that, I'm not a sair but that also doable with HeavensHAmmer cooldown I think?

20. Zancks

Zancks Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Zancks
    Level:
    Guild:
    Olympia
    Possible with any skill/button. I recommend doing it for Heroes Will too.

Officially likes this.