Christmas Event Info!

Discussion in 'Events' started by Matt, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gi
    Offline

    Gi Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2014
    Messages:
    452
    Likes Received:
    491
    Gender:
    Male
    IGN:
    Giceratops
    Level:
    30+
    Saying something is fine in general just because it works for you is really bad practice. Also, referring to an event where the condititions were different (the D piece was tradeable) is not going to help you prove any point. Both of these arguments are used too often, and don't cary much value.

    Given the chance for the Orb of Versalmas Cheer being 10%, it's easy to work the probability of not getting it for 30 days on a row. Put otherwise, the probability of getting the other 90% 30 times in a row.

    0.930 = 4.23%

    A little over 4% might seem a marginal, but given the amount of characters aiming for an event item, I'd say a significant amount of people will be dissapointed at the end of this event. Even if you're doing the event on 2 characters consistantly for 30 days you have a 2% chance of not getting the final reward. I'd say someone doing that pretty much desirves the reward already.

    I don't see why the hardest piece should be the untradeable one, or even why there's an untradeable piece to being with.
     
    Manslut, Snickers and SAKI like this.
  2. Doritos
    Offline

    Doritos Donator

    Joined:
    Feb 13, 2014
    Messages:
    620
    Likes Received:
    363
    Location:
    Xanadu
    Country Flag:
    IGN:
    RoughKnight
    I think given that the timer isn't able to be done exactly every 24 hours, assuming 25 tries a month is a more realistic figure for someone that plays the game daily, which is a 7.2% chance of not getting it. Just because you're one of the fortunate ones that manages to get one doesn't mean that having untradeable event equips which can only be obtained by pure luck is a reasonable idea.
     
    SAKI and Gi like this.
  3. Nessi
    Offline

    Nessi Donator

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2014
    Messages:
    2,196
    Likes Received:
    15,400
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Israel
    Country Flag:
    IGN:
    LuckyLook
    Level:
    200
    Guild:
    #Fryslan
    Would like to hear again , why the one with the lowest odds to get is untradable ..


    .
     
    ginwolf, Mrkaren, SAKI and 1 other person like this.
  4. SAKI
    Offline

    SAKI Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2013
    Messages:
    696
    Likes Received:
    742
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Sweden
    Country Flag:
    IGN:
    copyleft
    Level:
    -
    Guild:
    Synergy
    This.
     
  5. Christopher Chance
    Offline

    Christopher Chance Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2014
    Messages:
    269
    Likes Received:
    668
    Gender:
    Male
    I guess the reason is to make the item more exclusive (although that would mean some people may not even get them despite trying 30 days in a row as mentioned above) or perhaps to prevent people from profiting from selling the rare piece (which I don't see anything wrong with, as long as there's a level requirement to redeem then in order to prevent abuse via multiple mules). Then again that's just my assumption.

    In my opinion I think to encourage people to participate in the event and not get an easy way out by 'buying all the pieces' would be to make the 40% & 30% rate item untradeble while 20 & 10 be made tradable (maybe even turn 20 into untradeble, still gives more odds than having the rarest piece be untradeble)
     
  6. Malakyte
    Offline

    Malakyte Member

    Joined:
    Feb 11, 2014
    Messages:
    24
    Likes Received:
    3
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Florida
    IGN:
    Malakyte
    Level:
    12X
    Been doing my quest every day and I have yet to get that fucking Orb.
     
  7. Snickers
    Offline

    Snickers Donator

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2014
    Messages:
    130
    Likes Received:
    44
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Canada
    Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Snickers
    Level:
    xxx
    Guild:
    Nostalgia
    Orb for trade able through account!
     
  8. Manezu
    Offline

    Manezu Donator

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2014
    Messages:
    416
    Likes Received:
    222
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Zürich
    Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Eisbaerkalle
    Level:
    150
    Guild:
    Honkytonks
    PUSH i could live with it if i dont get a drop at all... But having nose on the mage who dont need it and the 2 mules on one twice. but not on the single char which could need it because its not tradeable is bad atleast allow trades between same account chars (only storage not trade if that would work)
     
  9. Snickers
    Offline

    Snickers Donator

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2014
    Messages:
    130
    Likes Received:
    44
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Canada
    Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Snickers
    Level:
    xxx
    Guild:
    Nostalgia
    REALLY hope they decide to do it. It's not hurting anyone if it's made tradeable through characters on the same account. Might encourage people to not stress so hard about it, and participate more.
     
    Manezu likes this.
  10. Marty
    Offline

    Marty Donator

    Joined:
    Dec 7, 2013
    Messages:
    3,448
    Likes Received:
    2,480
    Gender:
    Male
    Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Linyah
    Level:
    170
  11. ImCanadian
    Offline

    ImCanadian Donator

    Joined:
    Nov 17, 2014
    Messages:
    1,025
    Likes Received:
    1,437
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Canada
    Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ImCanadian
    Level:
    200
    Guild:
    Boobs
    The Orb could be made purchasable via Stars of Maplemas Spirit. This would make it so that everyone can get the orb but still have to participate in the event. I realize this would have its postives and negatives. Of course like almost every holiday event, Fourth job mages will have an advantage. But with this everyone will be able to get the item they want(Nose,Cape or Gelts/Pies). I don't know about everyone else, but I think this is a good idea:p
     
  12. Snickers
    Offline

    Snickers Donator

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2014
    Messages:
    130
    Likes Received:
    44
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Canada
    Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Snickers
    Level:
    xxx
    Guild:
    Nostalgia
    i like this? omfg this or the other idea

    and since no one's looking

    @Matt
    @Katsuruka
    anybody really
     
  13. Sila
    Offline

    Sila Donator

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2014
    Messages:
    6,166
    Likes Received:
    5,724
    Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Silachan
    Level:
    200
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    We've been talking it over, you're not being ignored.
     
    Snickers likes this.
  14. Snickers
    Offline

    Snickers Donator

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2014
    Messages:
    130
    Likes Received:
    44
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Canada
    Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Snickers
    Level:
    xxx
    Guild:
    Nostalgia
    Think we were all mainly just waiting for something, so thanks for replying, means a lot.
     
  15. jmmainvi
    Offline

    jmmainvi Donator

    Joined:
    Nov 20, 2013
    Messages:
    1,271
    Likes Received:
    872
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    New York
    Country Flag:
    Guild:
    Heroes
    An answer like this, or even a flat out "no" is 10,000x preferred over silence. No matter the decision, letting people know they're being heard goes a LONG way.

    Got the orb again on a character that I don't play. I'm now 2 in 36 times doing the quest (but was 1/35 up until just now.) Here's to hoping it becomes account transferrable!
     
  16. Snickers
    Offline

    Snickers Donator

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2014
    Messages:
    130
    Likes Received:
    44
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Canada
    Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Snickers
    Level:
    xxx
    Guild:
    Nostalgia
    I heard there's only 10 days left to the event, if that's the case I'd hope for a decision soon D:
    If I'm wrong, oops my bad.
     
  17. Sila
    Offline

    Sila Donator

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2014
    Messages:
    6,166
    Likes Received:
    5,724
    Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Silachan
    Level:
    200
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    The event will likely be extended by a few days due to the downtime, so there should be about 15 more days left or so~
     
  18. Snickers
    Offline

    Snickers Donator

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2014
    Messages:
    130
    Likes Received:
    44
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Canada
    Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Snickers
    Level:
    xxx
    Guild:
    Nostalgia
    Well, what about the orb? No decision yet? Even with 15 days, what happens if a majority of people don't get it/do on other mules or something.

    Just curious~ (Is one who wants it to be tradeable through acc only)
     
  19. Sila
    Offline

    Sila Donator

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2014
    Messages:
    6,166
    Likes Received:
    5,724
    Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Silachan
    Level:
    200
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    No decision has been fully made yet, we've talked about it though.
     
  20. Snickers
    Offline

    Snickers Donator

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2014
    Messages:
    130
    Likes Received:
    44
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Canada
    Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Snickers
    Level:
    xxx
    Guild:
    Nostalgia
    I hope one does get made, soon. Not to sound pushy, I'm just really frustrated and its been like a month and I have more than 1 character and have gotten 1 orb... on a character I didn't log the man hours into.
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page