1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheeball's GM Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Cheeball, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Cheeball

Cheeball Donator

Country Flag:
    Which position are you applying for?:
    [x]Game Master Intern
    [ ]Forum Moderator

Personal Details:
    Name: (Nickname:?)
    Chee
    Are you over 18? (yes/no): Yes
    Character Names: Cheeball / Sapphiera
    Do you have a Discord (yes/no): Yes
    What time zone do you generally play in? GMT +8
    When did you join?: July 2018

What do you like most about MapleRoyals?:
    The friends that I have made over the duration that I have played this game.

What do you like least about MapleRoyals?
    How the game itself is not very friendly towards beginners who have no funding, i.e. the only option they have is to have a Mage as a first character as other classes require at least some amount of money before actually being 'good enough' to be accepted into bossing parties.

Which languages do you speak and how well?:
    English (native), Malay (native) and Cantonese (fluent)

What is your main focus in life?:
    To be happy – not all day everyday but at least for a certain period everyday.

How much time do you think you would commit to staff responsibilities if chosen?
    About 10 hours a week (?)

Have you ever played any of the official MapleStory(s)?: Yes
    Which one?: MapleSEA
    How long?: Since 2006
    Character name: xWaiYe3, Sumomi

Have you ever been assigned a Staff position on any private server game(s)?: No
    List the game(s): N/A
    How long have you worked there?: N/A
    What do your duties entail? N/A
    Do you still work there? If no, why not? N/A

What skills or unique qualities will you be bringing with you to the MapleRoyals team?
    I believe that I will be able to bring more life into the team as I am generally a happy and positive person. I enjoy helping people and work very well in a team because I believe that a team should be working towards the same goal. Oh and just as a side note, if there is ever a need to amend any of the terms and conditions, you’ll know where to find me :p

Besides those listed above, what do you believe to be important qualities of a staff member?
    The ability to see things from different perspectives, to be able to respond to things calmly and rationally as opposed to being impulsive, to empathise with others and to be steadfast when it comes to the duties and responsibilities that they have been assigned to.

Why do you want to work with us?
    Honestly, I want the players to know that the GMs are actually present in the game and that they are not slacking because more often than not, players tend to request for help in-game and these requests are left unattended to. I believe that although I will not be able to commit many hours to my duties as a GM, I will be able to assist the team in attending to the needs of the players in-game and on the forum whenever I am online.

Have you ever been banned in game or on the forums before?
    Yes, I have requested for a self-ban once.

If you could change or add one rule to MapleRoyals what would that be?
    I would probably add a rule to say that excessive unfriendly behaviour warrants a temporary ban, just like how you get a temporary ban for ‘unsportsmanlike conduct’ in other games. For example, someone will be temporarily banned if they receive a certain amount of valid reports against them (reports that are substantiated). I think that this would be a deterrent to people who think that it is fine to be unfriendly towards players. This is one of my main concerns because I notice that unfriendly players tend to leave a bad impression on newcomers to the server.

Do you have any real life commitments or responsibilities you feel are important to you and would like to tell us about? (Work, education, relationships, etc)
    Yes, I am currently working as a lawyer and have not much time to play games. I am at work most of the time everyday, save for Sundays, but will definitely make time for the team if they need me.

patnais77, Haplopelma, Gert and 14 others like this.