(Chance) Farewell Thread

Discussion in 'Introductions and Farewells' started by Christopher Chance, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Christopher Chance

Christopher Chance Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    LosAngeles
    Level:
    Guild:
    HOLLYWOOD
    PS: Lengthy thread incoming. I enjoy writing about my experiences and MapleRoyals happened to play a significant part of my past year so...this is my past 10 months summed into 1 thread. If you do not enjoy reading long threads, I'd suggest clicking back and finding another thread instead. ~f17
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Well, I guess by now this thread doesn't come off as a surprise as I've already announced my
    Farewell/Giveaway Event. I'm not really good with goodbyes, but I guess all good things do come to an end eventually, especially when greater and more important things lie ahead. I don't want to flood this post with a huge wall of text (because I tend to get carried away writing) so I'll put the following in spoilers for anyone curious about my reason for departure.

For many years now, I've had this goal of mine to pursue being an Actor in Los Angeles someday. As cliché as that might sound, I'm from Singapore, literally the other side of the world. I had the opportunity to visit LA for a month sometime last year, which further inspired me to make the move. This move only includes me; my parents, family and friends will remain in Singapore while I make the transition by myself and start anew from scratch (network wise), sorta like a new adventure; a new beginning. It'll be tough, probably take at least a decade of living day to day on a tight budget but I believe it's a necessary phase to go through to eventually find success.

I'm not big on talent, however I strongly believe in hard work and discipline along with real and consistent determination, that can light the way towards success however long it might take. I come with no expectations, just motivated to push through whatever obstacles come by my way, and celebrate the good days. You see, for me I'd be happy living each day pursuing my dreams regardless of whether success comes by, rather than spending my life being secure, having a 9-5 job and living a normal and possibly mundane life wondering if I could have changed anything. I didn't know when exactly I'd make the move to the States. What I did know however, was I had to serve the Army for 2 years (mandatory for all Singaporean males), which begun last month for me (July 2015 - July 2017).

I came into Royals last October while I was still in my final semester of attaining a diploma, and a series of negative events in real life brought me back to the game I was once fond of. (Let's just say depression brought me here and I've gotten better ever since.) Eventually I graduated from my school, attained the diploma and spent several months of my holidays being really active here within this community, before July. I knew that Army would potentially take up a lot of my time and I'd be very inactive as a result. However I was posted to a non-combat unit, one that only required me working weekdays from 8-5; sorta like an office job, allowing me to book out from camp every evening. This made me feel like I could still be active around Royals and get through Army. Besides, I wasn't allowed to pursue Acting related jobs or pick up a part time position anywhere, even if it were during my free time while enlisted, because of the law. So that meant 2 years of quite some free time!

Within this last month since I enlisted however, a lot has changed in my life. The most significant being, I now have an actual date (although tentative), for my big move; 867 Days from today. That may seem like a lot, but it really isn't. That's the time I have left to better myself, prepare and plan how I'd live independently in a country I know almost nothing about, and time with my family and friends before it turns into 1 visit every 1-2 years (flight to-and-fro being rather expensive). In short: having a 'deadline' to your goals makes you (or me at least) start taking each day you have left count and be productive. I've already made plans (and started taking action) to work on a fitness regime, committing to transforming my physique, as well as picking up Spanish, hopefully fluent enough in 2 years + time with consistent practice. On top of that I enjoy working on monologues and bettering myself as and when I'm free; it's sort of like grinding levels for a character in-game, except this is the real life grind! Spending hours day after day practicing and training myself to me is really no different than how I trained my 3 characters to 200; in terms of managing time, strategy, personal discipline and of course, determination. Well of course the days I have left isn't of absolute certainty, like I won't be forced to leave the country on that day regardless of self-preparation and that the day could technically be postponed anytime, but that defeats the whole purpose though!

I don't believe in quitting and then later returning shortly after, or even months after. Since my real life goals are long-term and permanent, August 29th (21b Event day) will be my final day in-game, and I don't actually see myself returning after, hence the goodbye.

Royals wasn't my first private server experience, but it'll definitely be the most significant for me. I shouldn't even be here, told myself I'd stop gaming entirely after I quit the last server I played in back in 2013. A state of distress brought me back into Maple, a place where I could immerse myself with nostalgic fun, interact with players from various parts of the world and not have to think too much about reality. I wouldn't call myself a competitive player, but more of a determined one, having crazy goals that are within reach with just the right amount of motivation and discipline (I'm aware it's only just a game, but I do enjoy applying my principles into it). I genuinely saw myself staying here for more than just a few months, especially when I knew I'd have a lot of time on my hands over the next 2 years given that I'm in the army and couldn't pursue much else. I was wrong though, with new found networks and opportunities as well as real life goals with a timeline that would better myself for what lies ahead after Army, I knew I had to forgo playing Royals to create time in my life, as difficult as it can be. So here I say farewell.

[​IMG]

In the 10 months I've been here, I've come across quite a number of amazing players, the community here is really nothing like I've experienced before. Initially felt this wouldn't be a good idea because I'm bound to leave someone out; can't possibly include every single person I've known here, so I'm just going to limit this to people/groups that have made a significant impact/difference throughout my experience here.

@Maffoo [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] & @Izzy [​IMG] [​IMG]
    @AdamBrone [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

@LuckyLook [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

@mecheez [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

@FishBiscuit [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] & @Miika [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

@Penny [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

@IcedBR [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

@Plenty [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

@Tommy [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

@Ominipharious [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    @jmmainvi @Aglaea @carcrash @Contemplated @Dakker @Nicko @Huff @Kekturi @Narutard @Courtney @ReconKatana @Dessi @Michael @Sila
    [​IMG]
    These are just some of the many Screenshots I've taken along the way throughout my 10 months of stay here in Royals. Feel free to include yours if you have any with me too =)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Joining GM Events
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hosting Grand Quest Tournament
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hosting GM Events
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Around the World Events
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

100k GP
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Forum Notifications spam
    [​IMG]

500,000 Orbis ETCs Gathering
    [​IMG]

500 Fame Mules as a result
    [​IMG] Waiting on that 5/5 Fame Alliance ~f17
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

1,000 + Red Envelopes opening during CNY Event
    [​IMG]

25b+ worth of Horntail Books from a week-long Marathon
    [​IMG]

1226 INT NL + Extreme Washing
    [​IMG]

Triple Level 200 (ChristopherC, LosAngeles, ChanceC)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That never happened...
    [​IMG]
    rip

Too much MP ~f12
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] ~f14

Random Coin Sword chain in FM
    [​IMG]

Hand-drawn Art piece of my Characters by @LittlePuff!
    [​IMG]

Josh casually insulting GMs ~f18
    [​IMG]

mecheez x 2
    [​IMG]

Troll
    [​IMG]

Just TimK hacking, no big deal.
    [​IMG]

Guild JQ Fun
    [​IMG]

Introduction Thread
    HOLLYWOOD
    HOLLYWOOD - Behind the Scenes
    Grand Quest Tournament
    Triple Level 200
    21 Billion Mesos Birthday/Farewell Giveaway/Event
    Farewell Thread

I shall end the post with this montage I made couple months ago of my Buddies (Bet I probably still missed some of you guys out though, Sorry in advance!)
    [​IMG]

Now all that's left is the 21b Event, taking place this coming Saturday (29th August) at 6pm Server Time. More info on that can be found here =)

Dessi, Royalty, jessyjinx and 36 others like this.
  2. Nicko

Nicko Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Himeragi
    Level:
    Guild:
    Honour
    It's been an honour knowing you bud

3. Miika

Miika Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Miiika
    Level:
    16x
    Guild:
    HOLLYWOOD
    Well... I don't even know where to begin...

Dear Chance, firstly I'd like to thank you for creating HOLLYWOOD. You know I'm the type of person who doesn't like too many people and has problems to fit in anywhere. HOLLYWOOD has been one of the few groups in my life where I could feel comfortable.. It's like I've found my home!

Even more grateful I'm for cause you trusted me and made me one of the leaders. It's been one hell of a ride that shall not stop in near future! With or without you, your influence will be seen in the guild :)

You have been one of the most decent people I've met in my life, no kidding! Some of your traits I really admire and you have been (without you knowing it hehe) sort of a role model for me. I'm really happy that I got to know you and learn from you =)

I'm not going to say goodbye as I feel this won't be one. Even we never talked again I'm gonna see your name all over on Hollywood movies, right!?!?

I'm not gonna say good luck either. With your determination and dedication you won't need luck. So I guess...

Take care bud! ;)

Gonna go cry buckets now :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Christopher Chance and Plenty like this.
  4. ImCanadian

ImCanadian Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    ImCanadian
    Level:
    Guild:
    Boobs
    Bye chance:(

Christopher Chance likes this.
  5. Plenty

Plenty Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Plenty
    Level:
    Guild:
    Hollywood
    I'm kinda getting the feeling that people aren't posting this because they find it hard to accept the truth because that's definitely what I'm feeling. It's been a privilege to be your friend, Chance. I've never meet someone so willing to give out literally hundreds of hours of grinding. Don't be a strange and I wish you well in your future.

Mono and Christopher Chance like this.
  6. Experience

Experience Donator

Wish you the best in life!

7. Eli

Eli Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Hannako
    Level:
    Guild:
    Oblivion
    Normally when hearing someone talking about making it big as an actor, I'd think it was insane. Maybe it still is, but what makes this different is that I have full confidence in the fact that you'll make it. I'm sad to see you go, but glad to see that you're pursuing your dreams.

Sneak me a pre-release of your first movie! :love:

xxTuzixx and Christopher Chance like this.
  8. Jen

Jen Donator

I'll miss cloning you & hosting those crazy mind-games RR events. Fun times! Good luck Chance!

Juni, Moderato and Christopher Chance like this.
  9. Jujulala

Jujulala Donator

IGN:
    Jujulala
    I wasn't even in HOLLYWOOD long enough to get to know you, timezones and all, but it was obvious the amount of dedication you put into the guild. Good luck in Los Angeles and message me if you ever want to meet up there!
    Stay ez.

10. Unknown

Unknown Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Affinity
    Level:
    bye Chris.
    thanks for the warps!

11. carcrash

carcrash Well-Known Member

IGN:
    brakelights
    Level:
    Guild:
    Boobs
    Stay fabulous, pal ! ~f2 ~f2 ~f2 ~f2 ~f2 ~f2 ~f2 ~f2 ~f2 ~f2 ~f2 ~f2
    LOS ANGELES!!!!!!!!!!!!!@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
    Stan, Christopher Chance and workteam like this.
  12. Christopher Chance

Christopher Chance Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    LosAngeles
    Level:
    Guild:
    HOLLYWOOD
    ~f17

Unfortunately I won't be ~f12
    I know you might think it's just once a month for a couple hours, but to me it's more of a discipline where leaving would actually mean as it is. I guess the only reason I can think of going back online would be to handle Guild Ranks, and that itself is only for Jr-ranks as the rest can be handled by existing Jrs themselves (Even so it'll only be like a few seconds of logging in, changing ranks and logging off if ever need be). I'll sneak by the forums once in a while though as I update the Guild Thread =)

I'll definitely be on Skype, that's for sure!

Miika likes this.
  13. Nedzad

Nedzad Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Elint
    Pursue your dream? I'm sorry but all I see is the reality of it, not the dream. I may not be omniscient but I already see that actor infront of me as clear as day. I know you're going to make it.

14. Unknown

Unknown Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Affinity
    Level:
    gl with your life! <- forgot to say that
    and I hope you thought of me everytime u used that ele wand during your 200 adventure because stand's name is on it.
    Congrats on all your accomplishments, it was amazing hearing u hit 200 on all 3 chars at the same time! You will always be remembered for that.

15. Goofy

Goofy Donator

IGN:
    Goofy
    Guild:
    Queens
    Good luck with your endeavors! As someone born and raised in the greater Los Angeles area, the allure of Hollywood is nonexistent for me (it's a dump), so I always laugh and shrug when someone from far away wants to move there. I'm not trying to shit on your parade, LOL. You sound motivated, so I'm sure you'll find happiness here one way or another.

Christopher Chance and carcrash like this.
  16. Raony

Raony Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    StuffWorks
    Level:
    Guild:
    Fryslan
    Yes chance, i am surprised!
    With your discipline, focus, determination, and most importantly patience, which in my opinion are virtues of a real man, not a kid, you can reach the stars my friend.
    And it was an honour meeting you, and somehow inspiring you, what i told you was by heart, based on real life experiences.
    I will not say farewell, i don't like that word, i'd rather saying this - "See you soon and never, ever give up!"
    ~f17

17. LeoK

LeoK Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Holdmee
    Level:
    17x
    Guild:
    Hollywood
    Good Bye Chance aka my tooth buyer it was nice getting you know you. Came back here just to say goodbye to you ;).
    I remember when I was just a level 60 newbie and I would pester you with questions all the time XD
    Good luck with your future endeavors and I hope to see you at Singapore in like 5 months time :)

18. Marty

Marty Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Linyah
    Level:
    It's sad to see a legend like you go. I really admire your dedication and determination, I don't think anyone on this server can claim they literally beat the game other than you. It's due to this that I also think you have a shot at making it as an actor (and I'll be patiently waiting to see that happening!) and I wish you the best with everything in your life, all your goals and plans, and hope they come to be a great success. It's been a pleasure knowing and talking to you. :)

Don't be a stranger, Chance! Let us know what trouble you're up to every now and then, even if it's not on Maple but just on Skype. ^^

Also, I wish I could come to your event but I'm 99% sure I'll be at work... I always enjoyed your events. :(

19. Enticing

Enticing Donator

Unfortunately, I joined HOLLYWOOD long after you had begun to dial down your play time and as a result i haven't really gotten any CHANCE to get to know you. However, based on the love, and fondness that many people have shown for you here, and throughout many of the threads littered about MapleRoyals forums its clear you've left a pretty strong impression on many people.

While we dont know each other, your impact still has been felt on me. HOLLYWOOD has quickly become a home for me, and the people in it have welcomed me in with open arms. I feel grateful to have joined and will do everything I can to help keep the guild going on without you.

Good luck to you in whatever you do and thank you for everything you have done for the Server and HOLLYWOOD.

Plenty and Christopher Chance like this.
  20. Tim Steezy

Tim Steezy Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    MoonPresence
    Level:
    Guild:
    Divinity
    I never knew you my dude , but you were always looked up to. From talking to you a couple times , to seeing you in certain maps was sick , reminded me of when I used to see FangBlade back in the day. You fulfilled your legacy and will always be remembered by everyone here. I wish you luck with everything you're going for , from the fitness plans to the job in Hollywood. You seem like a great, outgoing man , and everyone would seem to agree. Take care my dude , best of luck to all that is ahead ! :D