Blue arrows for crossbow

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Alcolizzato, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Alcolizzato

Alcolizzato Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Balthier
    Level:
    Guild:
    Bystanders
    Hi! I'm a new player and I'm unsure as to whether or not I'm being ridiculous but here goes:

The Taggrin quest: "Fallen Woods" is inaccessible and through a quick search I find that it has been discovered to be so for 2 months. It's a fairly important quest for archers, as it allows us to purchase diamond arrows; however, since it doesn't seem to be getting fixed any time soon, bowmen will just have to resort to the doubly costly red arrows, found at Showa.

Crossbowmen, unfortunately, have no such alternative, as for some odd reason the original Maplestory npc sold only red arrows and not the blue ones (discrimination!). In any event, +4 wa is quite significant a difference, and crossbowmen were supposed to have the upper hand in damage at the expense of speed, so I was wondering if blue arrows for crossbows could be added to the store; or perhaps having Mo's shop made available to us without us having to complete Taggrin's quest, as fixing it appears to be having some problems.

Thanks so much for reading that rambling mess of confusion, and even if a tad disappointing I totally understand if it cannot be implemented.

UrbanJuggernaut, Katsuruka and Shin like this.
  2. Kristian

Kristian Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    poopa
    Level:
    Well, for now, I think monsters in Bigger Ben drops these arrows. :s

3. Alcolizzato

IGN:
    Balthier
    Level:
    Guild:
    Bystanders
    Unfortunately that isn't quite enough :/ The efficiency of farming there for arrows instead of buying them is comparable to farming peach monkeys for mana elixirs.

Katsuruka likes this.
  4. Doritos

Doritos Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    RoughKnight
    Wow, I never knew you could buy diamond arrows! This would be a great feature :D.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  5. Blade

Blade Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Cifer
    If I'm not wrong Archers has Soul Arrow, with keeps the attack of the arrow and not consuming the arrow for some time. So that's all you can do about it.

6. Katsuruka

Katsuruka Donator

I'd support blue arrows for crossbow being added!

7. Alcolizzato

IGN:
    Balthier
    Level:
    Guild:
    Bystanders
    Soul arrow cancels out any WA an arrow has to offer. Even if the stats appear to change I'm afraid that it's only illusory.

Thanks for the support!

8. Sarcasm

Sarcasm Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Sarcasm
    Level:
    Guild:
    Aria
    just remember soul arrow cancels out any att gain from the arrows. so you'll need a tonne of arrows to assure you won't run out for some time.

9. UrbanJuggernaut

UrbanJuggernaut Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Swoll
    Level:
    19x
    Guild:
    Resignation
    I brought this up a while back, glad to see someone agrees! STOP THE XBOW DISCRIMINATION.

Alcolizzato, Doritos and Aliysium like this.
  10. Alcolizzato

IGN:
    Balthier
    Level:
    Guild:
    Bystanders
    So glad to see that there are so many supporters. Crossbowmen do need some more loving, it's a tough class to play, but fun as hell.

Anyway I guess all us crossbow users can do is wait, and hope that our request will be heard and considered

11. Katsuruka

Katsuruka Donator

Been discussing this with the staff and if this was done now, our vendors wouldn't match those on bbb.hidden-street.net, which would confuse people. However, if we make our own MapleRoyals database at some point, then we could add them in then. Would be very time consuming, though.

Alcolizzato likes this.
  12. Matt

Matt Administrator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Matt
    Level:
    N/A
    Guild:
    Staff
    The Blue arrows for Crossbow have now been added to Doran in Zipangu: Showa Town.

13. Alcolizzato

IGN:
    Balthier
    Level:
    Guild:
    Bystanders
    Whilst I understand that perfectly, that avoidance of confusion is prioritised; I would like to point out that the addition of blue arrows to Doran's shop would cause very little confusion indeed. If a crossbowman (for truly only crossbowmen would care) thought that there were no blue arrows in Doran's store through a cursory check of bbb hidden-street, he would not purchase arrows there. That's it. That's the extent of the confusion, and its effects are non-existent since with or sans the addition of blue arrows this minority of crossbowmen would not have managed to purchase them. If added however, informed crossbowmen would be able to obtain blue arrows. There is nothing to lose but to gain.

There are many differences in the game in contrast to the data on bbb. hidden-street, which cause actual confusion: such as imbalanced cpq, repeating tasks in kerning pq's stage 1, and my recent discovery that the zakum quest should not be initiated at the 3rd job instructor and the superfluousness of the jump quest. These are all things which prove advantageous to the players which are aware of them and yet are not listed in bbb.hidden-street. And yet we survive, because we talk to people and we learn, without the need of an inaccurate guide which this game (wonderful as it is despite all the disconnections(curse you zak)) obviously does not completely obey.

Anyway, just my two pennies worth. I simply don't think such an addition could pose any detrimental effect to a player's understanding nor enjoyment of the game; and even if it did, it would be vastly overshadowed by the facility of its implementation, which would serve as alleviation for the shortcomings of having Taggrin's quest being inaccessible: despite it being accessible in bbb hidden-street.

EDIT: NINJAED LOL. THANKS MATT, you're a dear!