HP Gain Balance for Comprehensive Search for the Elixir of Life

Discussion in 'Closed' started by TrickShot93, Jul 21, 2021.

1. TrickShot93

TrickShot93 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    TrickShot93
    Level:
    Guild:
    Zeal
    Hi @Matt and @Gert,

As a new and unfunded player, I greatly appreciate this quest option being added into the game. However, even after a few hours I realized the drop rates seem a bit low for the amount of HP rewarded. I had to kill 150 memory monks to receive 15 dandelions. As a level 120 bowmaster this took me about 30 minutes alone. Is there any way you would consider modifying the drop rates? For new players like myself this is the only way to obtain the necessary HP to play the game. I think making the option more feasible might improve new player retention. Please let me know your thoughts on the matter, I’d greatly appreciate it.

Aradia Megido likes this.
  2. nut

nut GM

IGN:
    nutleafcity
    Level:
    poo
    It's not necessary to tag staff members in feedback threads (I don't think it's entirely helpful in most circumstances either.)

It should be noted that the quest was originally intended for Lvl 150+ players, so even though players below that range may find the quest tedious, it is intended to get easier with time. It should also be noted that drop rates have been increased in Update 71.

I will say, however, that after gaining about 500 HP from repeatedly doing the quest, I just found it too tedious. Even at my level (well above 150) I find some of the tasks and traveling to take too long or be too annoying. Further, I found the quests to be much more enjoyable during anniversary when we had round-the-clock bonuses and an exp/drop card. After my card expired, I stopped doing the quest, which I guess is something worth considering (less equips dropping to NPC, slower completion time.)

I'm looking forward to more ways of gaining HP (especially since I've gotten all my HP equips at this point), and these have been discussed at length all throughout the forums. The way I see it now, Reuel's quest is intended to be a small part of a larger system, and more focus should be given to newer methods of HP gain rather than further tweaks to this quest. Then I think people will be able to appreciate the quest more (as they will have more options.)

You can read more Feedback Thread: A New Way To Gain HP

Gert likes this.
  3. TrickShot93

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    TrickShot93
    Level:
    Guild:
    Zeal
    Thanks so much for your eloquent answer. I appreciate your participation in the forum - it motivates new players like me to keep trying to learn more about the server. I too look forward to new HP gain opportunities, and perhaps the next EXP event! In the meantime, I’ll probably avoid the quest and make do with my current HP since it doesn’t sound very viable even if infinitely repeatable.

nut likes this.
  4. Gert

Gert GM

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Gert
    Level:
    Big
    Guild:
    Resignation
    Have you looked into the HP gears you can acquire to help close the HP gap you might need to fight a boss?

I also haven't washed on my main character but it hasn't stopped me from doing Horntail (as an example) because I've been using this gear and doing the HP quest occasionally. We have the Mark of Naricain which is a pendant that gives a large chunk of HP that you can get from Crimsonwood Keep PQ in New Leaf City, Mu Lung Dojo belts which also give more HP as you earn better belts, Medals from monster card collecting that give lots of HP (The Legendary Medal gives 1000 extra HP!) and we even added scrolls for Pet Equipment HP! There will be options for you to help boost your health as a new player!

chainyu0220 and nut like this.
  5. TrickShot93

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    TrickShot93
    Level:
    Guild:
    Zeal
    Thanks very much for the reply. I’ve been told I need 9k HP to survive an attack from Horntail. Even at 5.6k with some equips (BFC, medal, white belt) and the Ellinia HP quest I don’t see how I can close the gap with gear alone. But perhaps I am missing something?

6. Gert

Gert GM

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Gert
    Level:
    Big
    Guild:
    Resignation
    What level are you right now?

7. TrickShot93

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    TrickShot93
    Level:
    Guild:
    Zeal
    120. Assuming 20 hp per level, I’d only have 6.0k HP for HT. I was also told pap does 6k, which is supposed to be a level 120 boss I believe.

8. Gert

Gert GM

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Gert
    Level:
    Big
    Guild:
    Resignation
    Well you likely won't be able to HT at 155 without any HP washing as a BM but you can also go with Hyper Body. The medal is the most drastic HP boost I think. I also have a few rings that give HP like the Ellin PQ ring that gives +150hp and some event rings.