Auto ban and rule suggestion

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by 19921224, Sep 18, 2020.

1. 19921224

19921224 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    YEE199
    Level:
    This day too many hacker. Many farmable scroll price are borken the item include( gold tooth/ 2h-sword % /dagger 30% / nependeath honey /gfa 60% /steel ore /mithril ore /power crystal ore/ crimson heart / maple weapen (64(spear /knuckle/claw )) /43 maple staff / helmet int 60% /helmet dex 60% / overall int 60% / even i think onxy apple are hacked
    I know STAFF are working hard for this and thinks all GM , and i have 2 Suggestion
    1. Let AUTO ban back
    2. Change the rule to ban the person who buy item from hacker . i know someone will say he dont know the seller is hacker .but there are more and more people buy the 1000+ item and re sell them

upload_2020-9-18_22-16-38.png

Aestel, Zusti, furoshiki and 5 others like this.
  2. happness

happness Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    upload_2020-9-18_22-24-20.png

19921224 likes this.
  3. Sen

Sen Forum Moderator

IGN:
    Terushima
    Well, the bright side is:

1. An autoban is being worked on and Matt has confirmed that it's top priority
    2. Staff have been banning players who purchase from hackers, particularly if they're experienced merchants purchasing at suspiciously low prices

19921224 likes this.
  4. xTaiga

xTaiga Donator

Guild:
    Degeneracy
    I know how you feel but the truth of the matter is that if you will keep hunting them actively non stop you will grow even more frustrated as there is no clear indication on when the development of the auto ban will be finalized.

As for right now, The best feedback we can give the staff is to keep on with the transparency and keep us posted with the development without revealing sensitive information that can set back the project.
    If the gms will follow up with the promise of releasing monthly GM blog updates we will all have a little more faith in the fact that actual work is being done consistently, And therefore motivate us to work even harder to catch those offenders until the auto ban is ready to be used.

OP, Make sure to take some time off your hunting adventures and enjoy the game content royals have to offer. It's important to remember why we are doing all of this for when our efforts feel at best like a drop in a bucket.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
    Becca, Tights, 19921224 and 1 other person like this.
  5. kyoko3102

kyoko3102 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    agree that onyx apple is definitely one of the top hacked item

19921224 and xDarkomantis like this.
  6. Joez

Joez Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Latias
    Level:
    This is something that's not possible to police. To players that know how these items are obtained via legitimate means, of course someone with 1600 earring int 10%s in their shop looks suspicious but placing a rule to ban purchasing these items is not realistic in a free market for a population where a limited number of people visit the forums. In addition the whole purpose of the Owl of Minerva is 1) finding the cheapest option in FM and 2) finding items with stats of your choice and you cannot try to enforce a rule where buying the cheapest item in the market is not allowed as it fundamentally goes against a legitimate game mechanic/item.

Of the items you mentioned, I'm not sure crimson hearts are as easily accessible for hackers and whilst Onyx apple pricing is suspicious from some sellers, part of the reason why its price has been so stagnant is the hundreds of thousands of apples that were dished out during the Valentine event. Most players who were active that time had a few hundred, if not a few thousand apples stocked.

Ultimately the market has always been volatile and particularly so in the era where hackers and players funded by RWT/hackers rampant. Not sure there's much a community member can do beyond recording & reporting out of good will when a good proportion of the staff roster is not even active in game or active in their role as staff.

How many staff members are actually remotely aware that 600m chaos/white scrolls are grossly abnormal and make no sense in an economy that's overall meant to be deflating following changes made in Update 65?

KungLee, Rielle, Aestel and 7 others like this.
  7. Aestel

Aestel Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Aestel/Noina
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    upload_2020-9-19_19-27-54.png

19921224 likes this.
  8. Becca

Becca GM

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Becca
    Level:
    xx
    Guild:
    Staff
    We are a lot more aware than you guys give us credit for. And we are doing our best to get everything figured out as well. A lot of changes have been happening since interns have joined in my opinion, to no fault of the GMs before us, they have done an extremely good job (some more than others) and did their best to attempt to stop whatever they could with just 2-3 active members out of 12-14 members before interns.

We are all equally a very vocal group, and we all express our ideas and concerns for the Server during our discussions. A lot of things are being pushed forward at once because of this, and as I stated on the GM blog there are simply things we can and cannot discuss publicly, but don’t think because it wasn’t mentioned in the GM Blog that we are completely oblivious to the elephant in the room.

I believe another contributing factor to the inflation of cs and ws is due to players going the apr route instead of gaching because it is the safer option.

You also have the hacker issue that we are doing our best to curb with what limited manpower we have at the moment.

And then there’s the issue of price gauging and scalping which we have no control over because the player decides what to put them up for in their own stores.

A member owled cs once a few days ago, and only two were in store, both above 600m+. Two cs in the entire FM. That’s unheard of in general, so maybe there is a hoarding issue with cs and ws as well.

If players simply stopped buying them for that absurd price it will fall naturally, but unfortunately it doesn’t work that way.

In no way am I blaming the player with that sentence, take a look at the new RTX 3080. A ton of merchants purchased everything until it was sold out and are now trying to price gauge and scalp others by putting them up on websites for well over twice the amount they had paid for. People will buy those too because they are desperate to get their hands on it, and that’s essentially the same issue we have here. People are desperate to get their hands on cs and ws.

We need to find and discuss a healthy way to deflate it which is a lot harder than you think, unfortunately. :(
    I wish it were easier to figure it out but there are a lot of trial and error approaches to this situation at hand. Unfortunately (fortunately, really!) we have hiring Staff as our new priority at the moment, as well as the updates we’ve promised on in the GM Blog so that is where our focus is right now.

Tentomon, KungLee and 19921224 like this.
  9. Joez

Joez Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Latias
    Level:
    ^in all honesty this is not something you can comment on from your professional role as GM intern unless you are now speaking on behalf of Matt because 1) afaik GM interns (and most GMs, for that matter) aren't involved in dev work unless being prompted for input and 2) judging your co-workers and ex-coworkers is not really something I would encourage in a work environment (i.e., "some more than others"; "2-3 active members out of 14").

The market trends that Zep (OP) outlined (which echoes my thread from a few months ago, btw) are observations from the community members who browse the free market every single day. It's from people who actually play the game everyday, from day to day bossing to fm-hoeing to party questing to watching smegas. Regardless, these observations are trends over time. I appreciate the example of a staff member using an owl on cs and only finding 2 in the entirely of the free market but this is not representative of staff "being aware of the situation" and your conjectures regarding why chaos and white scrolls are inflating is testimony to this. Hoarding cs/ws, for instance, is not a behaviour that is observed during a time when prices are at an all time high and many people over the lifespan of this server have attempted to price control and failed because the scrolls that are generated everyday in this game far exceeds the purchasing ability of any individual player using legitimate means to gain their wealth and assets. On the flip side, it only takes a person, legitimate or not, with some 30-40b to buy out all the chaos scrolls in the entire free market at a specific point in time - now why would someone decide to do that at a time when prices are unprecedentedly high? To hoard?

You might be right in players opting for the APR option, I don't know for sure. It would seem unlikely to me but I guess Matt would have the actual statistics of the server re. how many APR are being purchased daily vs. the number of cs/ws generated via gachapon. Intuitively it would make very little sense though to purchase APR when its price hasn't changed knowing the value of cs/ws have increased and the probability of obtaining them remains the same.

Yes, if players stopped purchasing at absurd prices they will naturally fall. Even if they didn't stop purchasing, prices should naturally fall. And indeed cs/ws prices fluctuate rapidly between 520-600m currently. So what kind of player actually can't wait for even a few hours for cs/ws prices to fall, but opt to purchase them at absurdly high prices?

I agree and believe the dev team are working around the clock at implementing multiple changes, but again, as I keep having to reiterate - temporising measures are not a fix to the problem. Update 65, recruiting more GM interns just to help ban hackers because few staff members still have the energy to go around everyday doing so, chair gachapon, and so on. Ultimately it comes down to the fact that update 65 was there to counteract the ongoing and progressive inflation of the entire Royals economy and the result, almost 6 months down the track, is CS/WS (as a major currency used in the current server) has gone up from an average of 500m to 550m, despite the attempts from a server end to reduce the volume of mesos injected into the market.

maggles, Spart, Peter and 4 others like this.
  10. xTaiga

xTaiga Donator

Guild:
    Degeneracy
    Do you know what would be great? If not every GM reply ends up screenshotted to prove a point or nitpicked to oblivion -.-'

Tentomon likes this.
  11. Aestel

Aestel Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Aestel/Noina
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    This is a feedback thread regarding auto-ban rule and suggestion, will be even better to stay on topic to prevent drifting off-topic like the previous post in general discussion.

xDarkomantis, Jooon and nosebleed like this.
  12. Becca

Becca GM

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Becca
    Level:
    xx
    Guild:
    Staff
    I am personally getting tired of this negative mindset of "lul intern." It doesn't matter what my relation to Matt is, and personally shouldn't even be brought up.
    We are ALL a part of the team. We are ALL discussing everything together as one. We may not be a part of the Dev team, but we are all participating in the discussions. We work just as hard as everyone else on Staff.

We have been "Interns" for almost 10 months now, that's almost a full year of working together and discussions. The fact that you want to belittle and undermine my post because I am simply an Intern is ridiculous and uncalled for, and extremely toxic behavior.

I am not just "judging" my co-workers / ex co-workers. I made a post on that exact same topic when I was a player discussing the issues of Staff inactivity back in 2019. https://mapleroyals.com/forum/threads/staff-members-the-rampant-hacker-issue.142224/
    It's no lie at all, everyone knew there was a Staff issue before interns were introduced and it wasn't hidden at all, I am sorry for wording it poorly.

Now for the sake of keeping this post on topic, I have said my piece, do what you will with that information and continue where we left off please.

13. liomio

liomio Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Liomio
    Level:
    I’m not sure how Joez’s post is off topic here. He makes a pretty valid point that although you guys might be trying your best as interns, ultimately it won’t solve the issue with hackers as the root of the problem lies with the lack of autoban. His comment is pretty objective, and I’m not sure where the “lul intern” mindset or belittling of your comment in his comment is.

It’s easy to see why everyone is so frustrated here. As players, walking around and seeing vac’d mobs everywhere (just yesterday I saw some at the first map in maple island), seeing the economy destroyed by hackers. As staff, having to manage with a disgruntled player base and hordes of hackers.

Ultimately, I don’t think there’s really anything that anyone can do until a proper autoban is in place. As players, we can only sit and hope that one does finally make its way back into the game. There’s only so much that you can do as a GM. The GMs can participate as much as possible in discussions/planning, but ultimately execution lies on the developer(s).

Now if there’s a lack of developer resources, then usually you look for more resources or reprioritize. What’s disconcerting as a player is seeing no official updates on the autoban status (other than Kai’s comment) and then getting the GM blog and the Shaolin nerf discussion, and realizing that there hasn’t been enough progress on the autoban. We’ve seen similar issues with a plethora of broken features in the past. However I believe that the difference in delays to autoban have a much more grave effect on the server.

Spart, UrbanJuggernaut, Peter and 7 others like this.
  14. Kai

Kai GM

I'm just gonna reply to the bold part. I believe the others have been covered a few times and not worth mentioning again.

Autoban stuff is fully dealt with by Kevin since it's implemented in the source code. However, things like nerfing Shaolin (or improving it) and basically whatever else we covered in the GM Blog can be done by other developers such as Matt and Joel. So this won't affect autoban progress at all. However, the rest of us, especially the GMs, do get involve in autoban once there's a need to test it. Then after a period of time we'll give him our feedback and off he goes improving it. It's a very iterative process and not something that works immediately upon implementation, since there are tons of edge cases to consider.

19921224, xTaiga, Rinn and 1 other person like this.