@Admins, what tactics and techniques do you use when interrogating suspects in the ban-appeals?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sosnek, Jun 10, 2021 at 10:13 PM.

Tags:
  1. sosnek

sosnek Donator

Country Flag:
    This Youtube channel by the name of "JCS - Criminal Psychology" has started to become very popular, once I saw the first video that seems to appear in everyone recommended feed, I got hooked.

The Idea behind this channel, is to give viewers an outside perspective on how detectives use techniques to emotionally and psychologically destroy a suspects mind, this in the end, will effectively bring out a confession.

So my question to @Tim @Matt @Soren @Chee @Dasha @Stephen @Kenny @Alan @Incentv @Peter @Becca And any other @Admins;

What techniques do you use when interrogating suspects in the ban-appeals? Any trends that you notice guilty/innocent suspects tend to follow? Interested in hearing any responses :)

2. Tim

Tim Administrator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Kaizoku
    Level:
    Guild:
    Fryslan
    We don't want to emotionally and psychologically destroy a suspects mind, we're just trying to have a healthy community that follow some rules on this 20 year old mushroom game ~f12

BligBlarg, Becca, FireHeart and 14 others like this.
  3. Sen

Sen Forum Moderator

IGN:
    Terushima
    w-wait we don't?

BligBlarg, MoldySoup, Shane and 12 others like this.
  4. Enticing

Enticing Donator

Oh yeah? One time I was killing stuff in Ghost Ship 2. After about an hour on my map, all of a sudden @Sila an old GM came out of hide smiled and went back into hide. I hadn't even done anything wrong, but it psychologically ruined me. To this day I still feel like anytime I'm in a map alone I'm being watched by a GM.

Thank god you're just a f-f-f-f-orum mod

Tiffaux, Shane, ginwolf and 4 others like this.
  5. Shnang

Shnang Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Acoustics
    Level:
    Guild:
    Home
    Same. I was minding my own business hitting krex and suddenly gm @Cyndy appeared out of nowhere. It was a huge shocker. Pretty traumatizing 6/10

Johnny, ginwolf, Gangsta and 4 others like this.
  6. Jesseh

Jesseh Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Heartlines
    Level:
    Guild:
    Heartfelt
  7. Soren

Soren GM

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Kraal
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    I certainly hope I haven't traumatized anyone with my sudden appearances lmao ^_^'

Sen, ginwolf and Dasha like this.
  8. Chee

Chee GM

Country Flag:
    It's so important for everyone to just remember that we don't interrogate people in ban appeals, we just try to obtain information from them in relation to their side of the story and give them a chance to explain themselves. I personally try to adopt a more inquisitorial approach when I handle ban appeals because I think that our main role as GMs is to assist players and not to judge them and be hostile towards them if they break the rules.

Notwithstanding that, I also need to emphasise that every GM has their own way of handling appeals and communicating with players.

Sure, there are times when we may seem a little direct or harsh in our responses but sometimes there's just little to no way to nicely tell someone that they have been banned for something that everyone ought to know is wrong.

If I could give one advice to anyone who would ever find themselves appealing against a ban, it's to remember that respect goes both ways. If you want us to assist you with your appeal, you have to also give us a reason to want to assist you.

Soren, Sen, Becca and 1 other person like this.
  9. Jooon

Jooon Donator

IGN:
    Shinsoo
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    upload_2021-6-12_1-53-43.png

When an admin shows up and says you got gm alerted

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021 at 7:10 PM
    Tiffaux, Soren, Shane and 4 others like this.