Forum Ability to delete posts ?

Discussion in 'Closed' started by grassblaster, Mar 30, 2022.

?

Be able to delete ?

Poll closed Apr 6, 2022.
  1. Yes

22.9%
  2. No

77.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grassblaster

grassblaster Well-Known Member

Most does not mean all . This is why you say most and not all. Please think before you comment.

2. Saledor

Saledor Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Saledor
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ohms

'Most people will already know this...'

Following your metric, not everyone will already know why posts cant be deleted which is why they will search this up.

And that is why this post should stay here

3. Nekochu

Nekochu Donator

So... was that the infamous Zofran? LF> Confirmation :chillin:

Snuf likes this.
  4. Nekochu

Nekochu Donator

5. Enticing

Enticing Donator

IGN:
    Caitiff
    Level:
    Guild:
    Tenacity
    Zofran was back and banned already and i missed it???? Damn Feelsbadman

Shnang likes this.
  6. Dave Deviluke

Dave Deviluke Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Islander
    Level:
    Guild:
    Shroomies
  7. Dave Deviluke

Dave Deviluke Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Islander
    Level:
    Guild:
    Shroomies
    Hi, would like to talk a bit about what have happened.

Regarding your Forum Ban Appeal response time, the 2 days of response is reasonable to me since the Staff involved in your Forum Ban requires some time to go through your post. The factors that led up to your ban isn’t just 1 post, but lots of posts (like a lot), which we can see in the Forum Ban Appeal as well, with the amount of replies you have posted. Personally, I don’t think there’s a need to post that many comments, but I am not a Forum Mod so I can’t really say whether it’s good or bad, just that the Mods handling your Forum Ban Appeal would need time to read through your posts + replies.

With concerns on the Forum Ban Appeal content, I am unsure about what was written in the excessive PMing, but the flooding of the forums is actually indeed an infraction under the Forum Rules Regulations.

Discourteous Behaviour (20 Points)
    An act of discourteous behaviour involves the posting of offensive or highly objectionable to other players, moderators or the server itself.
    - Excessive spamming or flooding of a thread with unnecessary content
    Source: https://mapleroyals.com/forum/threads/mapleroyals-forum-rules-regulations.96970/

So yea, the issued 20 Warning Points wasn’t given out on unreasonable grounds, just wanna make that clear.
    I would also like to add on to what you have mentioned in the YouTube video where you have questioned the problem of locked threads in which I quoted, from you, “After a little bit, your posts get locked, meaning no one can post on it, or comment on it, basically it’s useless” which is actually untrue.

If you have spent some time surfing of the MapleRoyals forums, you will realize that not all forum posts get locked, only the ones that have been excessively bumped or necro-ed despite outdated content or information written in that thread. Supposed if a thread was made in, maybe 2016 or 2019, but still relevant in 2022 or onwards, the thread does not get locked. I hope this clarify things up for you as you seem to have some misunderstanding about the Staff just going around and locking up threads?

About the mentioned response that nut has given to you in the Forum Ban Appeal instead of PM as you are trying to appeal for the Forum Ban, hence the response should indeed be posted the Forum Ban Appeal section instead of PM. Providing a reply in the PM instead of the according section of Forum Ban appeal would be unprofessional of the Mods, hence I am unsure why you would find the reply at the Forum Ban Appeal section confusing.

You have the right to dispute the claim should you believe a false ban was issued, however, as per your video and also this forum thread, I can only see lots of messages from you about how you wish to delete posts. I fully understand that you wish to delete posts, but I have yet to see any strong supporting reasoning of why…?

Let’s review your initial post and have a deeper look
    Why is there a need to delete posts upon getting the answer?
    Won’t others in the future may wanna reference to the same question?
    Supposed if everyone on the Forums delete their posts upon being done with the questions/trading, won’t the Forums be empty?
    Why would you want the Forums to be empty?
    It seems kinda weird for you to want a Forum to be empty since I have never seen a Forum that would have constantly written new posts but deleted few days later?
    If you know of such a Forum that delete post few days upon being answered, could you link it here so that the rest of us can understand how the system works?

I was quite confused by this statement that I probably still do not fully understand the actual meaning of it so I apologize in advance if I have twisted your stance on the matter – you may correct me if it’s necessary.
    Based on the above, you do not like the idea of others affirming the first answer given to you?
    But why though?
    What if the first person lied to you or gave wrong info by accident?
    How can others correct the given answer if the post was removed?
    Is it so bad to have 2 or 3 people giving the same answer?
    To me personally, it would sound assuring that the community would give the same answer instead of giving completely contradicting answers, isn’t it?

Unfortunately, others who watch this thread can indeed know your reply/response content as there are forum readers who receive email notification(s) about responses to forum posts that they are following. Although you may delete this ‘comment’ to prove your point, your response does not magically disappear and Forum Mods reserve the right to restore the posts to the pre-deleted state or any other versions of changes made should the situation calls for it. So yea, the deletion of comments doesn’t help to prove anything for this scenario.

I am unsure if I am reading this wrongly, I probably am?
    I can only reply this with – if the post is deleted, how do I still comment on it?

To be fully honest, I still don't get it, cause I still don’t understand why you insist to delete threads/posts?

I would only request Mods to delete posts should the posts are created with intentions to harm others such as posting their personal details without the affected person’s consent

Perhaps my original question was worded badly, hence I would like to confirm again – why do you not want others to refer to existing threads?

No, cause I still wanna comment here

Due to the above reasons, I strongly disagree to a large extent that players require the ability to delete posts. And just for clarification’s sake, I am not against player(s) having the ability to delete posts, I just do not see the need to do so.

I would also like to apologize in advance if I did not provide sufficient reasoning to support my viewpoint as I believe the words above are to-the-point enough.

nut, Dasha, Becca and 8 others like this.
  8. grassblaster

Let me spell out what you are saying. To you. They should ban you first and then check to see if that ban was warranted.

Why would they need to go through all of my threads/posts to see if the ban that was placed on me were correct ?
    This is a backward way of doing things. They would either get the information of me spamming the forum with unnecessary threads (we'll get to that later) or they will find it out by themselves.
    After they either found some threads or got some messages about my spams, they should then look into my forum history and see the time stamps of each realese. They should either take action by themself or ask for some second opinions. The actions that they could take would be to contact you and tell you to slow down with your posts (giving a warning) or ban you, accompanied with a message of why the ban was placed on you.

- Excessive spamming or flooding of a thread with unnecessary content. Just think about this one for a second. This would mean the comments, because they are refered to as posts. So if you comment alot on a thread, you can get banned. I know that you can spam peoples thread with nothing but usless stuff. I didn't spam comment anything on anyones thred. This leads to my threads. Yes i did comment on my own threads, It is something called replying to someone. That is how you communicate. Ok, so were they unnecessary ? that is for them to decide, how they can decide that, i don't know, all i can say is that i did not spam my own threads with pointless replies. Now this is if anything discouraging, the fact that you can get banned from replying to people is just crazy.

I like that you conviniently left the part out were i said. ''If you get updated information about the topic let's say like a stats or some weapons or whatever. It get updatet or you get more info on it, then you can't really change it. It is just going to be false information there that is gonna fool people''

To me outdated info seems pretty usless, it might just me though.

I am not going to lie, i have no clue what you are trying to say here.

In this thread somone said that you can pm an admin and ask them if they could remove your thread and also that you have to give them a reason to why you wish to remove them.
    Why do you need a ''strong reason'' to why i would want my threads deleted ?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2022
  9. Zancks

Zancks Community Manager

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Zancks
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    @grassblaster thanks for your feedback. I’ve shifted your thread to feedback because that’s where it belongs. There it will be in the closed section, because we have no plans to implement a delete thread button at the current time. This seems to fit the majority of the community’s interests. Above 75% don’t want this feature as of now.

Do note that bans or ban appeals are not discussed outside of their respective threads.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2022
  10. Dave Deviluke

Dave Deviluke Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Islander
    Level:
    Guild:
    Shroomies
    As this thread is closed, I don't intend to post any further replies but I do wanna clarify the above quote

The last quote of my previous reply was directed to Sen, so I am unsure about the response of "you are not in charge", pretty sure I don't need any special permits to reply to a friend on Forums lol

Just wanna clear that up

Muff and Zancks like this.
  11. grassblaster

Ah, my bad. I didn't really pay attention to whom you replied to. It is kind of weird that you would reply to someone else at the same time though.

12. grassblaster

This thread is more of a question than it is feedback.

13. Becca

Becca GM

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Becca
    Level:
    Guild:
    Staff
    You were already temp banned due to flooding threads. I would highly suggest you start using this handy little edit button right here to merge your own posts before the Community Managers decide to issue another temp ban for flooding threads again.
    edit.png

14. grassblaster

I am sorry, what ?
    I am unsure of what you are refering to. Please explain.

15. JackHarrie

JackHarrie Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JackHarrie
    Level:
  16. grassblaster

17. JackHarrie

JackHarrie Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    JackHarrie
    Level:
    You gotta be hard trolling at this point, I even attached a link to a definition of a double post to make sure you'd understand what it means to double post.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. grassblaster

I replied to two diffirent people.

19. PaddysPub

PaddysPub Donator

IGN:
    TheTrashman
    Level:
    Guild:
    Ironman
    This thread has been locked as there is no need to continue posting if it's in the closed section.

Enticing, Dave Deviluke and Becca like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.