100% drop for Miracle Scroll for Auf Haven Circlet

Discussion in 'Denied' started by onekeystory, Nov 18, 2021.

?

Do you want the miracle scroll to drop 100%?

1. Yes

25 vote(s)
    41.0%
  2. No

36 vote(s)
    59.0%
  1. onekeystory

onekeystory Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Raffinato
    Level:
    Guild:
    Savior
    As title says, ever since the server check on 06/11/2021, the Miracle Scroll drop rate from my auf team is much less than 50% now, and we ran 2 times a day.

Before the SC, we are getting almost 100% drop rate. I dont know what is the magic behind, but I guess someone has to make a feedback thread then.

Problem:
    Running auf without getting the miracle scroll will lose meso and time. This boss is deemed as the end game boss (atm) and it should at least reward the player for the run. It doesn't making sense that selling low level leech can make more meso than a dry auf run.

Bosses like Horntail and zakum can at least sell helmet/pendant to cover their time and potion, but it is not an option for Auf haven.

Pros:
    • Guaranteed income from auf runs, it is not simply wasting of time.
    • More supplies to the market, making auf helmet a more affordable option.
    Cons:
    • Affecting the current market price (may or may not be positive)
    • Hurting the people who have already made their helmet (assuming the scroll price will fall)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2021
    Saledor, MaiAh, nutleafcity and 4 others like this.
  2. xcandyheart

xcandyheart Donator

IGN:
    Sharpay
    Level:
    Guild:
    Wiggle
    [​IMG]
    As a regular runner, this is my Miracle drop rate for the last 32 runs with my partner : 27/32 (84%)! ^_^'

There were times where I got back to back CS, and also some back to back completely dry runs. While I agree that adjusting the miracle drop rate to 100% may be a better idea for more players looking for more consistency and fixed mesos/hour, you are right that there will be guaranteed income,
    and the market will be likely to adjust to the new price. In this case, assuming a constant demand, it will likely to cause the price to fall by a little, and that would be less rewarding splits to take home.

However, that's not the reason why I voted no. I think this change will take away the excitement of 'will this finally be dry'? As odd as it sounds, even after running 300+ Auf runs, I would still pause everything in the background to witness this dry or wet moment, and I enjoy the suspense when I spy something green hidden at the corners. >:D

dhbm, CupOfJoe, ilyssia and 14 others like this.
  3. Kenny

Kenny Developer

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    xNightyx
    Level:
    I vote no because of:
    1. Auf has the best drop table in-game
    2. One can sell auf helm too
    3. Other bosses have dry runs too
    4. Accelerate the +20 helm completion rate

CupOfJoe, Becca, MaiAh and 1 other person like this.
  4. onekeystory

onekeystory Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Raffinato
    Level:
    Guild:
    Savior
    Good points, but practically speaking, I don't think anyone would buy auf helmet service just like zhelm/htp.

3rd point is linked to 2nd point, which i want to say is other dry run bosses can still sell services to make it not wasting their time.

MaiAh and Kenny like this.
  5. FR06

FR06 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Drop rate of our team is also lower than 50% this month, and is only about 60% since the end of September.

As op said, rare ppl are buying auf helm compared to zhelm, HTP, scarga, etc.

I suggest increase the drop rate to 90% or more.
    The drop rate is too low now.

onekeystory likes this.
  6. Kenny

Kenny Developer

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    xNightyx
    Level:
    Do you have some data to support the number of 50%? It will be helpful considering the number of your sample size! It is indeed a problem if it has a lower drop rate that massively affects everyone. However, from other players' input and my experimental testing, the drop rate is working as intended. The only explanation I have is that people tend to remember the negative occurrence than the positive one.

onekeystory likes this.
  7. CupOfJoe

CupOfJoe Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CupOfJoe
    Level:
    Guild:
    n/a
    I'm a player who has never joined an Auf expedition and intend to one day. I think it's possible that it's just a string of bad luck, and I hope you can get a string of better luck to compensate for it.

I've been collecting data on the mastery books I have been giving away (link in my signature) and the Level 30 mastery books have been passing at an apparent rate of 33% instead of the supposed 50%, out of a sample size of 43 so far. If the true probably of miracle scroll drop rate is much higher as others anecdotally reported and Staff implied, I'd vote to keep as it is, as random chance is a big part of the game.

To your point about profitability, I have never found bossing to be consistently profitable at any level, yet I still do it as a fun activity and for the exp. Whether it should be profitable is quite a different question and is up for debate.

onekeystory and WanWan like this.
  8. PollitoMixP

PollitoMixP Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    OmegaArrows
    Level:
    Maybe I would not ask for much, but at least raise the% of the scroll from 10 to 20% of effectiveness!

onekeystory likes this.
  9. onekeystory

onekeystory Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Raffinato
    Level:
    Guild:
    Savior
    Hmm I didn't track myself but my partner told me that we are 4/10 for the 10% drop since SC on 06/11/2021. That is only from my 1st round though. I have both dried runs on the same days as well.

Kenny likes this.
  10. onekeystory

onekeystory Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    Raffinato
    Level:
    Guild:
    Savior
    Well, imo, selling boss services (e.g. helm, htp, mons, bons and etc) is the major stable income for daily boss runners. If auf haven can have 100% drop on miracle scroll, it would be a very stable good source of income as well. But sadly this game is farming story.

MaiAh and CupOfJoe like this.
  11. FR06

FR06 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    we only got 6 miracle scrolls in last 12 runs since 10/29.
    All records are from our own discord channel

onekeystory and Kenny like this.
  12. CreamGoddess

CreamGoddess Donator

Country Flag:
    IGN:
    CreamGoddess
    Level:
    Guild:
    Rogue
    Kenny have a good point, I also vote no because all other bosses have dry runs too, like zakum, HT, etc.
    TBH CHAOS SCROLL SHOULD BE 100% AND DROP THE PRICE, SAME FOR WS PIECES.

Zancks and onekeystory like this.